• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Texas Rangers at the Los Angeles Angels (9/5 - 9/7)

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference in this game is that people were on for Trumbo's homer and no one was on for the Rangers...baseball can suck sometimes.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want me to list the guys that have been on the DL this year and are still nursing those nagging injuries?

Every team has nagging injuries all year long. They still score runs. And I'm not talking about injuries months ago. I'm talking about now. Right now. The team is healthier than any other ML team just about in terms of offense and they're still getting shut down too often.

You guys want to put blame everywhere instead of accepting reality. The truth is that even if every single Rangers player were 100% healthy and Wash put the most optimum lineup on the field, they're still just not a very good offensive team. Beltre-Kinsler-Cruz is great when healthy but after that it's nothing but hot/cold inconsistent players, none of whom are very powerful or good at getting on base when needed.

Rudy_Rangerfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the book is out on rangers pitching , take pitches until they crumble . wonder what rangers pitching strikes to balls ratio is . I think that's the problem.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team has nagging injuries all year long. They still score runs. And I'm not talking about injuries months ago. I'm talking about now. Right now. The team is healthier than any other ML team just about in terms of offense and they're still getting shut down too often.

You guys want to put blame everywhere instead of accepting reality. The truth is that even if every single Rangers player were 100% healthy and Wash put the most optimum lineup on the field, they're still just not a very good offensive team. Beltre-Kinsler-Cruz is great when healthy but after that it's nothing but hot/cold inconsistent players, none of whom are very powerful or good at getting on base when needed.
Actually if Berkman were a 100% healthy, this would be a drastically different club. Instead he's not and they have struggled to replace any possible production from the DH spot.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference in this game is that people were on for Trumbo's homer and no one was on for the Rangers...baseball can suck sometimes.

yes it can.

but nobody could hit one out when we had runners on, hell, they can't even score a run with 0 outs

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually if Berkman were a 100% healthy, this would be a drastically different club. Instead he's not and they have struggled to replace any possible production from the DH spot.

Berkman was a bad call Rev, I will fault JD for that

you don't money-whip a guy out of retirement with those kind of chronic injuries
it was stupid

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not his best off-season. I couldn't believe the Berkman signing and said so at the time.
that doesn't excuse the way Wash has been managing

Don't get me started on Wash. He's as inept as they come. I don't excuse him for anything. But if you have nothing but very average hitters to choose from, it doesn't matter whether you've got Tony LaRussa or Tony the stadium janitor filling out the lineup card. Sure Wash's lineups only make matters worse. But if JD gave him better hitters to work with, it would be harder for him to screw up.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Berkman was a bad call Rev, I will fault JD for that

you don't money-whip a guy out of retirement with those kind of chronic injuries
it was stupid
I didn't say it wasn't a bad move.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me started on Wash. He's as inept as they come. I don't excuse him for anything. But if you have nothing but very average hitters to choose from, it doesn't matter whether you've got Tony LaRussa or Tony the stadium janitor filling out the lineup card. Sure Wash's lineups only make matters worse. But if JD gave him better hitters to work with, it would be harder for him to screw up.
Some of those hitters usually perform better, however. Kinsler, Moreland and Andurs are having particularly down years. They are all usually better than this. And no one saw what was happening with Murphy.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Berkman has been entirely irrelevant for over 5 years except for his one magical season which came out of nowhere in 2011 when he turned back the clock to 2002 and carried the Cards to the WS. 2010 saw him get booed out of NY and released by the Yankees for being so awful. 2012 he did nothing again and was going to call it quits due to injuries. He even freely admitted before spring training that he didn't know whether his body would hold up. Lainey is right, it was a terrible signing, especially considering it was seen as the move to "replace" Hamilton.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltre's kids haven't been screaming "Let's go daddy" tonight...

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Course you don't make him make pitches just go up hacking dammit

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Berkman has been entirely irrelevant for over 5 years except for his one magical season which came out of nowhere in 2011 when he turned back the clock to 2002 and carried the Cards to the WS. 2010 saw him get booed out of NY and released by the Yankees for being so awful. 2012 he did nothing again and was going to call it quits due to injuries. He even freely admitted before spring training that he didn't know whether his body would hold up. Lainey is right, it was a terrible signing, especially considering it was seen as the move to "replace" Hamilton.
He was bad in 2010 only the past 5 seasons. But don't let facts get in your way or anything.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tying run at the plate? Will we do it,
no.
Could I possibly be more negative,
no.