• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Texas Rangers at the Los Angeles Angels (9/5 - 9/7)

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how one GIDP from Baker in the third could lead to a total abortion of a suckfest. Texas had the game and was cruising at the point. Then a DP and a cloud of shit rolled in.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why I do this, had a fantastic day...and now am angry.

oh baseball

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent? You are giving JD way too much credit. It's his fault the Rangers are in the mess they're in, specifically with the lack of offense. JD put this team together and it's all on him that they can't score enough. The Rangers have not been a great situational hitting team for some time. But they had absolute mashers like Napoli, Hamilton, Cruz, Beltre, and even Kinsler who could mask that deficiency by scoring runs via the long ball. Well now Hamilton and Napoli are gone, Kinsler is only so-so, and Cruz is suspended. That leaves 1 true power hitter in Beltre and a bunch of inconsistent other hitters. JD did nothing to fill the power void left in the offseason. Berkman is a fragile joke and AJP is nowhere close to the power threat of Napoli. Martin, Gentry, Profar, Moreland, Baker, Andrus, Murphy, and Soto are all just ok hitters. One or two might have a good game but it's just very rare when enough of them are hitting at the same time. That's why the Rangers don't put up many long sustained rallies or huge innings anymore- too few really good hitters to string together anything.

Not many great contact singles hitters + hardly any power = weak/inconsistent offense. And JD built this roster.
JD is not responsible for the injuries to the SP, the position players, or Cruz getting himself suspended.

1502tuley

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What would it take for JD to fire Wash? Maybe 2 years in a row of missing the PO's? I would hope that would do it.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this team needs another team meeting at this point of the season, forget it. Throw in the towel.

spicesadie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why I do this, had a fantastic day...and now am angry.

oh baseball

Me too Lainey, I get so mad and then go to bed mumbling under my breath.....

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...Lainey is on the fire Wash train?

yep, have been since Murph kept playing, I've had enough...you must have missed it.

JFC, my Father who STILL holds the record for the most ASA FP softball wins in my state knew enough to ALWAYS field the best team

a freaking Softball coach

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD is not responsible for the injuries to the SP, the position players, or Cruz getting himself suspended.

What injuries to position players? The entire offense is healthy and available minus Nelson Cruz. Even with Cruz the lineup still stinks. You've got to have at least one of two elements to have a successful offense, either a lot of great contact hitters/high OBP guys or a lot of mashers capable of going yard at any time. The Rangers have neither.

Only lately has the pitching faltered. It has been good almost the whole season. The offense has been MIA since late-May. You really think Thad Bosley, Scott Coolbaugh, and now Dave Magadan are all to blame? Hell no. And as much as I can't stand Wash and his idiotic decisions, he isn't to blame for the hitters just downright failing. The hitters just aren't that good, plain and simple. And JD put that lineup together. He's done a ton of good for the Rangers, but if you're gonna heap all of the praise on him for everything he's done right, you have to blame him for what he's done wrong too-assembling this putrid offense.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What injuries to position players? The entire offense is healthy and available minus Nelson Cruz. Even with Cruz the lineup still stinks. You've got to have at least one of two elements to have a successful offense, either a lot of great contact hitters/high OBP guys or a lot of mashers capable of going yard at any time. The Rangers have neither.

Only lately has the pitching faltered. It has been good almost the whole season. The offense has been MIA since late-May. You really think Thad Bosley, Scott Coolbaugh, and now Dave Magadan are all to blame? Hell no. And as much as I can't stand Wash and his idiotic decisions, he isn't to blame for the hitters just downright failing. The hitters just aren't that good, plain and simple. And JD put that lineup together. He's done a ton of good for the Rangers, but if you're gonna heap all of the praise on him for everything he's done right, you have to blame him for what he's done wrong too-assembling this putrid offense.
You want me to list the guys that have been on the DL this year and are still nursing those nagging injuries?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, have been since Murph kept playing, I've had enough...you must have missed it.

JFC, my Father who STILL holds the record for the most ASA FP softball wins in my state knew enough to ALWAYS field the best team

a freaking Softball coach
Glad you've seen the light Lainey. Tried to tell you last year with MY playing everyday.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not his best off-season. I couldn't believe the Berkman signing and said so at the time.
that doesn't excuse the way Wash has been managing

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you've seen the light Lainey. Tried to tell you last year with MY playing everyday.

Playing Murphy is far worse, not that I was fond of it...but we didn't have a whole lot of DH options

at least MY had a long history of being able to hit well....little tougher situation

but put the two together=Wash needs to go