• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Texas Rangers against the Oakland A's 9/2 -9/4

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Murphy starting today ! We should have gentry or adduci in there !
:doh:

There's only one person who can answer this question, and he's not going to be here. You already know the skinny on this one.

Here's a guy hitting about .220 and he's actually in a slump. Isn't that a contradiction in terms?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L. Martin, CF
J. Profar, SS
I. Kinsler, 2B
A. Beltre, 3B
A. Pierzynski, C
A. Rios, RF
M. Moreland, 1B
L. Berkman, DH
C. Gentry, LF

D. Holland, SP

That's what it should be. Poor Wash is still clueless. Murphy at best will give you a single :L

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any reason to discuss Murphy any more? Seems like we are all wrong and Wash is right. Either that or Wash is so hard headed he can't see the forest for the trees. Wash is making Murphy look worse every day he plays him. Got to believe Murph would rather sit because of his performance.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what it should be. Poor Wash is still clueless. Murphy at best will give you a single :L
He doesn't offer any offensive power, defense, base-running threat, whatever. You name it, he doesn't have it.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't offer any offensive power, defense, base-running threat, whatever. You name it, he doesn't have it.

Gentry has a better OBP of .360. He brings a positive to this team not a negative

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good, dude. Just waiting for this game to come on. Afraid this series will determine how this last month goes. Who's chasing who. Guess I'll see the new banner once it's done. Shame about Pegasus!

As far as Berkman? :hope:

Yeah, you wouldn't have expected that out of Pegasus. And I agree, this is a pretty key series for us. A sweep would put them in a great position but that's going to be really tough but who nows, they seem to step up their game when they play the A's.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any reason to discuss Murphy any more? Seems like we are all wrong and Wash is right. Either that or Wash is so hard headed he can't see the forest for the trees. Wash is making Murphy look worse every day he plays him. Got to believe Murph would rather sit because of his performance.

:agree: I asked that question earlier today; would Murphy pencil himself in the lineup? And I don't care which arm the opposing pitcher throws with, David should be a part time player at best now.

But to answer your original question; NO. hahaha

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you wouldn't have expected that out of Pegasus. And I agree, this is a pretty key series for us. A sweep would put them in a great position but that's going to be really tough but who nows, they seem to step up their game when they play the A's.

Or any good team or good pitcher for that matter they seem to step it up. But Im not expecting it. You feel more excited when you don't expect things :)

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang, DT. That's half our conversation there. Let's call it "murphyspeak". ;)

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're right on the power and not much else. He's the best defensive OF we have, has blazing speed and is virtually impossible to double up. Good SB base man too.

And to make matters worse, over the past nine games Martin is hitting .139 and Murphy is hitting at .167 over this same period.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Rangers had an interest in picking up Dice-K after the Indians released him, but the Mets scooped him up. Well, he started against the Braves today - 3.0 innings, 6 runs, 7 hits , 3BB....got bombed. Sorry he got away....

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right on the power and not much else. He's the best defensive OF we have, has blazing speed and is virtually impossible to double up. Good SB base man too.

And to make matters worse, over the past nine games Martin is hitting .139 and Murphy is hitting at .167 over this same period.

I believe Sexy was referring to Murphy in his comment

Murphy doesn't have a lot of power, but does have more than Gentry, but in relation to all the other intangibles Gentry provides its really a no-brainer at this point

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO power is overrated as long as you are a winning baseball player thats all that matters to me

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Murphy is the best defensive OF we have? With blazing speed? :doh:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wash likes to go with the hot hand. That only works when it is convenient to use to fit his situation. Murphy hitting under 200 lately and Gentry over 300. So much for that bold faced lie that has been used many times in the past.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah there was confusion on their part as to who you were talking to, I don't see how, just half assed reading I'm guessing

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was amused at Murphy telling what the Rangers have to do to win the game.

WTXRangerFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up with the banner ad fanatics showing Oakland gear & all espn ranger articles ' Facebook comments are by a's fans. Prob typical west coast techie crap oh well it will be decided on the field. A we start out with two hands tied behind our back with EA missing & murph the smurf in LF. Please prove Wash right & me wrong murph...sorry for the murph speak had to get it out upfront.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry, I've already been corrected. I thought you were referring to the soon to be "dearly departed" David Murphy. My bad. We've all made ourselves crazy about this continued use of him.

As I said earlier, I'd have someone, damn near anyone, in LF now instead of him regardless of lefty/righty pitching.