• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our PAC-12 preview thread 2016

Who do YOU think will win the PAC-12?

• Stanford

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Washington

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Oregon

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Washington State

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Arizona

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Utah

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • USC

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Half the conference has a "QB competition" going on.
IMO, they are all either bogus or it shows they probably don't have a killer QB.

That is, either they really do know who they are starting and are either just delaying telling everyone to get an edge on their opening games or just wanting the guy that's going to be second to work as hard as if he really does have a chance, or they have two QB's that both are less than stellar and it will take time to see which has the most potential to at least not kill them in games.

UW went through this last year. It's not that Browning didn't have tremendous upside, but he was a true freshman and becoming starter as a TF is a tall order. I'm sure the staff didn't really pull the trigger on that decision until the week before the Boise State game. They had two tough options. Had they had a stud there wouldn't have been an option. The older kids in the program all had issues and forced their hand.

Both Oregon and Stanford have competitions and yet many still pick either to win the North. They both have NFL caliber running backs and lots of other talent. This is the QB slot we are talking about though. It's going to matter.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Half the conference has a "QB competition" going on.
IMO, they are all either bogus or it shows they probably don't have a killer QB.

That is, either they really do know who they are starting and are either just delaying telling everyone to get an edge on their opening games or just wanting the guy that's going to be second to work as hard as if he really does have a chance, or they have two QB's that both are less than stellar and it will take time to see which has the most potential to at least not kill them in games.

UW went through this last year. It's not that Browning didn't have tremendous upside, but he was a true freshman and becoming starter as a TF is a tall order. I'm sure the staff didn't really pull the trigger on that decision until the week before the Boise State game. They had two tough options. Had they had a stud there wouldn't have been an option. The older kids in the program all had issues and forced their hand.

Both Oregon and Stanford have competitions and yet many still pick either to win the North. They both have NFL caliber running backs and lots of other talent. This is the QB slot we are talking about though. It's going to matter.
I don't necessarily agree with that. Mariota and Bennett were in a competition because Bennett was the back up the year before and even started the Colorado game and put up good numbers. Mariota came out in spring and people started changing their minds on Bennett. and it wasn't until fall that Mariota won the job and was named starter. some times the competition isn't because there isn't 1 killer QB but because the 2 (or sometimes 3) are too close to name one of them the starter prematurely.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the main topic. I think Stanford is still the top team in the North and the south is still too unpredictable. I think Stanford takes the PAC again.
I agree the south is chaotic again. And event with the tough schedule. Until someone steps up the PAC is Stanford's to lose. I wouldn't count Oregon out either tho. If Freeman continues to progress and Prukop adjusts and stays healthy. They still have a solid team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I saw he started to talk about Oregon QBs in yet another thread and asked him to stop. There was no need to read further as his narrative hasn't moved a nanometer in the past 5-6 months.

And the Ducks fans narrative has? :scratch:

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Ducks fans narrative has? :scratch:
No, which is why I said what I did, maybe go back and read it again I didn't say anything about either side being right or wrong, just that we didn't need to rehash the same shit all over again in a new thread.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, which is why I said what I did, maybe go back and read it again I didn't say anything about either side being right or wrong, just that we didn't need to rehash the same shit all over again in a new thread.

No, instead you chose to call one poster out without mentioning that Ducks fans have been doing the exact same thing.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, instead you chose to call one poster out without mentioning that Ducks fans have been doing the exact same thing.
I have primarily been responding not bringing it up

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not, Jim has been bringing this topic up over and over and over and over for months with no change just to get a rise out of Duck fans, particularly Oly, then you Trojan fans get pissy when we call him on it. I don't harp too much about it in the PAC thread but would like to keep it confined there as it can get heated and mind numbing when you read the same points on the same issue every other week for months on end.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do understand that you responding is why it keeps getting brought up, right?
No see the way a response works is it got brought up by someone else first

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not, Jim has been bringing this topic up over and over and over and over for months with no change just to get a rise out of Duck fans, particularly Oly,

And it works...

Every. Single. Time.

Yet no word from you telling Oly to stop responding.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it works...

Every. Single. Time.

Yet no word from you telling Oly to stop responding.
:hellno:
This isn't the NFL where we punish the one who retaliates.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

And what do you think would happen if no one responded?
the couple of guys both UW fans and Trojan fans would still be talking about it anytime anything about Oregon came up

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the couple of guys both UW fans and Trojan fans would still be talking about it anytime anything about Oregon came up

Only one way to find out. Smart money is against you being able to not respond though.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not, Jim has been bringing this topic up over and over and over and over for months with no change just to get a rise out of Duck fans, particularly Oly, then you Trojan fans get pissy when we call him on it. I don't harp too much about it in the PAC thread but would like to keep it confined there as it can get heated and mind numbing when you read the same points on the same issue every other week for months on end.

I bring it up because I keep wanting to hear OLYs logic one more time and see if it makes any sense and no matter how many times he comes up with an excuse it never makes sense. But it's very entertaining how long he can go without admitting it's an issue. You see if OlY or Wiz tell me USC has been doing a crappy job of getting players for the D line, I can't really deny that. They had Williams a few years back who was great but other than him it's been a sore spot for a while now. This year they got the only returner with experience hurt and out for the year so it can get ugly this year because they will be playing a lot of younger guys. See how that works. And then we move on.
The rest of college football can see that Oregon getting two rentals at the QB spot one after the other spot means you're not using guys you recruited. Why can't you guys see that? Or admit that? lol

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bring it up because I keep wanting to hear OLYs logic one more time and see if it makes any sense and no matter how many times he comes up with an excuse it never makes sense. But it's very entertaining how long he can go without admitting it's an issue. You see if OlY or Wiz tell me USC has been doing a crappy job of getting players for the D line, I can't really deny that. They had Williams a few years back who was great but other than him it's been a sore spot for a while now. This year they got the only returner with experience hurt and out for the year so it can get ugly this year because they will be playing a lot of younger guys. See how that works. And then we move on.
You have to admit comparing Oregon's QB issues to the stream of 4-5* that flock to USC is disingenuous at best.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to admit comparing Oregon's QB issues to the stream of 4-5* that flock to USC is disingenuous at best.

For three years we saw QB recruit after QB recruit being pimped by our local Duck fans as the next in the line. Don't act like the Ducks didn't have a shot at good QBs, heck even Cal and Oregon State and Washington State have had decent if not good QBs lately. You guys had a Heisman hopeful and eventual winner and didn't capitalize and find a few good ones to follow him. , this is what i mean , lame excuses.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rest of college football can see that Oregon getting two rentals at the QB spot one after the other spot means you're not using guys you recruited. Why can't you guys see that? Or admit that? lol
I can admit they arent using guys they recruited. this is the first time you have made that statement in that way. its your arguement that they cant recruit and cant develop players and that you dont see the reasons the way i see them is what i respond to.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can admit they arent using guys they recruited. this is the first time you have made that statement in that way. its your arguement that they cant recruit and cant develop players and that you dont see the reasons the way i see them is what i respond to.

Really? lol. I haven't said Oregon hasn't used QBs they recruited?