• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our PAC-12 preview thread 2016

Who do YOU think will win the PAC-12?

• Stanford

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Washington

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Oregon

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Washington State

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Arizona

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Utah

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • USC

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prukop has the game experience, Jonsen has the playbook and schemes knowledge. both have talent but strengths vary a bit
Right, like I said, neither is a flat out stud or there wouldn't need to be a battle. That doesn't mean they both suck, but I'm not worried either is going to light up the conference this year either. Ducks are going to be a run first team.

VFL1995

Vol For Eternity
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a weird feeling that USC wins the Pac-12 this year

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, like I said, neither is a flat out stud or there wouldn't need to be a battle. That doesn't mean they both suck, but I'm not worried either is going to light up the conference this year either. Ducks are going to be a run first team.

True . If you had a young kid playing just as good as a 5th year guy you just picked up, why in the world would you start the 5th year guy whos not someone you developed? You'd want to start the one who will also be there next year and the year after. You've already used a renta QB the year before. You know they wouldn't do it this year unless they really don't like the younger home grown kid. Only a true Oregon home wouldn't admit this.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True . If you had a young kid playing just as good as a 5th year guy you just picked up, why in the world would you start the 5th year guy whos not someone you developed? You'd want to start the one who will also be there next year and the year after. You've already used a renta QB the year before. You know they wouldn't do it this year unless they really don't like the younger home grown kid. Only a true Oregon home wouldn't admit this.
Could we not spread your repetitive argument to another thread, Jim? You're not going to change anyone's opinion at this point.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could we not spread your repetitive argument to another thread, Jim? You're not going to change anyone's opinion at this point.
My option is correct. You Ducks don't seem to mind going on like there's nothing wrong with the development of QBs since Marcus Marriota took over. Your coaching staff acted like he'd be there forever and they never got one QB recruit good enough to start even two years after MM left. Sorry if the truth hurts.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My option is correct. You Ducks don't seem to mind going on like there's nothing wrong with the development of QBs since Marcus Marriota took over. Your coaching staff acted like he'd be there forever and they never got one QB recruit good enough to start even two years after MM left. Sorry if the truth hurts.

Opinion is correct is a contradictory statement. Your opinion is your opinion and only correct to you or like minded people. My opinion is different and to me correct and correct to like minded people. Thats how opinions work.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: @Ducks fans talking about someone else making repetitive statements.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Mike Leach...that is all.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah it's almost as funny as how many times Trojans fans told us they are back.

It might actually have been funny if any Trojans had said that. Since no one has, we can just continue to :lol: @Ducks saying others are repetitive while also trying to argue with a PAC-12 preview.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your opinion is just that, and it isn't any more correct than any other's. You've been jumping up and down on this shtick all off season without change. Just about everyonein the pac thread is tired of reading it. I for one stop reading anything you type once you start talking about oregon QBs.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your opinion is just that, and it isn't any more correct than any other's. You've been jumping up and down on this shtick all off season without change. Just about everyonein the pac thread is tired of reading it. I for one stop reading anything you type once you start talking about oregon QBs.

So you just responded to a post you didn't read? :scratch:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you just responded to a post you didn't read? :scratch:

Yeah . He responded more times, telling me he won't read my post ,more times than I posted.lol
Gotta love the way they stick their heads in the sand. It's like getting two flats, having no spare , looking you straight in the face and telling you they don't have a tire problem.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why no ASU option. :)

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington State

Preview segment: The Washington State Cougars

Last season: Whoa... This whole "Oregon QB issue" thing REALLY touched a nerve with you guys if this thread is any indication. And I got this feeling it'll continue when I look at teams like Utah, Stanford, Cal, and Arizona State.
Washington State is not one of those teams; their QB Luke Falk is still here and ready to challenge for the PAC-12 title game. And if Mike Leach can shake off an opening loss to Portland State and get his team an 9-4 record last year, he can do anything.

Good news: Also with Falk is his usual array of strong WR's, but be forewarned: The Cougars may actually have a RUNNING game this year (as the RB spot is deep as well)! The defense is looking to make another leap forward...

Bad news: ...but it will NOT be easy, as the D-line is Wazzu's biggest area of concern. The left side of the O-line must be rebuilt, and special teams could use more attention from the coaching staff.

Key games:
9/10 @ Boise State (After [hopefully] dealing with Eastern Washington, Wazzu hopes to help out the PAC-12 by throwing Boise State out of the "New Year's Six" office pool.)
10/1 vs. Oregon (Last year, Leach and Falk conquered Autzen Stadium with a 45-38 double-OT win. And the rematch will be in Pullman.)
10/8 @ Stanford (By this time, Stanford should have a starting QB all set for this contest. Remember that, Mr. Leach.)
10/15 vs. UCLA (The good news is, if Wazzu beats Stanford, then maybe College Gameday will FINALLY come to Pullman when UCLA and Josh Rosen come over for a QB battle.)
11/25 vs. Washington (In last year's "Apple Cup", the Huskies had to upset the Cougars just to make a bowl game. This year, the "Apple Cup" may decide the PAC-12 North.)

Bottom line: There are a few holes to fill, but it's nothing a good coaching staff can't fix. If the defense continues to improve, Luke Falk will handle the rest and get Washington State back into the Top 25 this year. Those games against Oregon and Stanford will decide if Wazzu goes to Santa Clara in 2016.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon State

Preview segment: The Oregon State Beavers

Last season: A miserable 2-10

Good news: The offense looks good, as the O-line returns 4 starters and experienced WR's. Plus, newcomer QB Darell Garretson has already been voted a team captain by his teammates.

Bad news: A LOT of newcomers will have to step up on defense, as it's going through an almost total rebuild.

2016 X-factor: Seth Collins- Oregon State's former starting QB WAS going to transfer to Northern Illinois, but decided to stay. In 2016 he'll be a "slash" player, helping out wherever he can... We'll see how this goes.

Key games:
9/1 @ Minnesota (Do not underestimate this game, whatever you do. Both the Gophers and Beavers are rebuilding, and would just LOVE to win this game for their conference and for early momentum.)
9/24 vs. Boise State (Regardless of whether or not Boise defeats Washington State, they'll be fired up for this trip to Corvallis. Hopefully, OSU's offense will be ready for it.)
10/8 vs. California, and 10/15 vs. Utah (It would be great for OSU's postseason chances if they can win one or both of these games.)
11/19 vs. Arizona (Much like the Beavers, Arizona has a strong offense and questions on defense. :yes: I smell a shootout here!)
11/26 vs. Oregon (The "Civil War" will have it's 120th meeting in Corvallis.)

Bottom line: With the rest of the PAC-12 North ready to go to war, Oregon State's young team could get swallowed up. If the defense doesn't improve, 4 wins may be all the Beavers get in 2016.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might actually have been funny if any Trojans had said that. Since no one has, we can just continue to :lol: @Ducks saying others are repetitive while also trying to argue with a PAC-12 preview.
I wouldn't have said it if I hadn't heard it or read it

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah . He responded more times, telling me he won't read my post ,more times than I posted.lol
Gotta love the way they stick their heads in the sand. It's like getting two flats, having no spare , looking you straight in the face and telling you they don't have a tire problem.
Oregon had tires some better than others. some rolled away before they got on the car. 1 had an issue but appears to be ready to be put on. Oregon went and got spares, you know, temp use tires. 1 was used. 1 might be used but its there.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon hasn't done a great job of developing QBS in recent years. With that said, there were multiple highly touted QBS signed with Oregon that transferred out when they saw that Mariota was going to be a 3 year starter.