• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our PAC-12 preview thread 2016

Who do YOU think will win the PAC-12?

• Stanford

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Washington

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Oregon

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Washington State

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Arizona

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Utah

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • USC

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad, although I don't see Cal beating San Diego State on the road even though SDSU's track record against Power 5s has been terrible. I also doubt Oregon State beats Boise, but they are at home so it could happen I suppose. ASU better be careful against Texas Tech. I could see them losing that game.

I'm probably a little higher on Oregon State than most around here. I think year 2 in the system will be huge. I think Anderson is a good coach and his qb will have some experience this year. There's a great chance Boise beats them, but I'm calling upset in that one.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably a little higher on Oregon State than most around here. I think year 2 in the system will be huge. I think Anderson is a good coach and his qb will have some experience this year. There's a great chance Boise beats them, but I'm calling upset in that one.
Im still not sure about Anderson. He did good building up Utah State but he did it in a diminished WAC 4-8 4-8 and then 7-6 the year Boise leaves, 11-2 the year Nevada, Fresno, Hawaii leave and the WAC takes on 2 programs new to FBS. He inherited a pretty good thing at Wisconsin who was coming off 3 Rose Bowls in a row. so Im just still not sure on him.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im still not sure about Anderson. He did good building up Utah State but he did it in a diminished WAC 4-8 4-8 and then 7-6 the year Boise leaves, 11-2 the year Nevada, Fresno, Hawaii leave and the WAC takes on 2 programs new to FBS. He inherited a pretty good thing at Wisconsin who was coming off 3 Rose Bowls in a row. so Im just still not sure on him.

That's a fair critique for sure. I just think they will be much improved. They have a ton of upperclassman on the roster and should be formidable at the skill positions. I think their offense takes a huge step forward.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have Oregon State winning four games minimum in the conference then you definitely should like your chances against Boise at home.

I like Garretson. Since I follow the Mountain West, I've seen some of his performances from when he was at Utah State. He's a really good player.

Boise is ripe for the pickens this year.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think you guys are going to beat us.

I'm hoping so, we need to in order to get gameday for the Oregon. Is little Rypien still starting for you guys?

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping so, we need to in order to get gameday for the Oregon. Is little Rypien still starting for you guys?

He was a true freshman last year who should have started over Ryan Finley from day one. I know he's about as close to a local kid as you can get for you guys since he's from Spokane. We're lucky to have him. The kid's an absolute stud.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, it's not that he is a local kid, he is a legacy and Leach seems to hate anything and everything that is WSU prior to him and didn't even attempt to go after him. Obviously hindsight it isn't a big deal because Falk emerged but going into his senior year our highest rated recruit in years transfered but it didn't move the needle. Best of luck to the guy, except little Trufant and Hardy, I wish all legacies luck with their careers.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, it's not that he is a local kid, he is a legacy and Leach seems to hate anything and everything that is WSU prior to him and didn't even attempt to go after him. Obviously hindsight it isn't a big deal because Falk emerged but going into his senior year our highest rated recruit in years transfered but it didn't move the needle. Best of luck to the guy, except little Trufant and Hardy, I wish all legacies luck with their careers.

Curious. I don't know why he wouldn't offer him. I think he was like somewhere around #6 to about #8 overall on most services for top high school quarterbacks. It's easy to see why. The kid fucking balls out. Boise doesn't get a lot of four stars. He's actually the highest rated quarterback we've ever landed.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think you guys are going to beat us.
Depends. They did just have a WR sent packing and have a couple more leaving for that fight where a player bashed in some dudes face. Add injuries and whatnot and who knows.

On paper the cougs look like a force this year. If your offense isn't up to speed with one of those kinds of 45-42 games it will be a long day at the office. You do have to outscore them to beat them because I don't see a lot of teams holding that offense down.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious. I don't know why he wouldn't offer him. I think he was like somewhere around #6 to about #8 overall on most services for top high school quarterbacks. It's easy to see why. The kid fucking balls out. Boise doesn't get a lot of four stars. He's actually the highest rated quarterback we've ever landed.

Maybe there was something behind the scenes but all things considered it seems Leach alienated ever football alum when he essentially kicked Rueben Mayes son off the team, not saying his uncle could've swayed him but he played in essentially an air raid HS system, so you'd figure he'd at least get an offer. Browne from SC at least got an offer when there was zero chance he would've signed with us. Offer, get shut down no biggie. I can understand not offering little Bledsoe but Rypien was just like Kellen Moore in HS. No reason either should've been Broncos over Cougs..but oh well good luck to you guys this year except against us.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe there was something behind the scenes but all things considered it seems Leach alienated ever football alum when he essentially kicked Rueben Mayes son off the team, not saying his uncle could've swayed him but he played in essentially an air raid HS system, so you'd figure he'd at least get an offer. Browne from SC at least got an offer when there was zero chance he would've signed with us. Offer, get shut down no biggie. I can understand not offering little Bledsoe but Rypien was just like Kellen Moore in HS. No reason either should've been Broncos over Cougs..but oh well good luck to you guys this year except against us.

Moore was only offered by Boise, Eastern Washington, and Idaho. Rypien was much higher rated coming out of high school and when I looked him up on Rivals, it said he was offered by Washington State among several other schools. Interesting.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore was only offered by Boise, Eastern Washington, and Idaho. Rypien was much higher rated coming out of high school and when I looked him up on Rivals, it said he was offered by Washington State among several other schools. Interesting.

Yes, but he would've been a Coug had we not been going through the whole Doba wife's ordeal. Our program sank because they couldn't do real recruiting and just went after the best recruits who couldn't get into schools. Not saying he would've accepted an offer and maybe they talked to him and he said no so they didnt bother but Moore is the perfect recruit for a Mike Price recruited team, which led to his success.