• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our offense

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, except I did think pass pro was better. Chase had a pretty solid pocket most of the time. He still looked better in the system than Trubisky had, regardless.

I truly can't say if it will keep up. However, he was better Sunday. That's all I know.

I thought interior protection was better.

Massie has actually, in my opinion, been pretty solid all season.

Leno was a complete mess Sunday.

Chase made the pocket look better than Mitch has by staying in it longer.

Mitch has had a habit of looking first read, checkdown, and then move if the throw isn't there. Even when the pocket is there he isn't sticking around.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought interior protection was better.

Massie has actually, in my opinion, been pretty solid all season.

Leno was a complete mess Sunday.

Chase made the pocket look better than Mitch has by staying in it longer.

Mitch has had a habit of looking first read, checkdown, and then move if the throw isn't there. Even when the pocket is there he isn't sticking around.

Yeah, I actually think Mitch's pocket awareness has regressed from where it was early-mid last season. Which is a bad sign. He's sort of back to where he was his rookie season. Feeling pressure that isn't there, flushing into pressure, etc.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I actually think Mitch's pocket awareness has regressed from where it was early-mid last season. Which is a bad sign. He's sort of back to where he was his rookie season. Feeling pressure that isn't there, flushing into pressure, etc.

He flushes into pressure way too much for my liking.

I don't even know how coachable it is.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back and watch the deep passes he threw and compare them to all of Trubisky's deep passes this season.

Mitch's deep ball completion percentage is around 35%.....Daniel completed 66% Sunday.

Bringing up total yards is just a deflection from the point being actually talked about.

Ugh. It's like that Saltine cracker from Eddie Murphy Raw deal. "We threw for under 200 yards, but respect Chase Daniel's deep ball." F*ck outta here with that. All but 4 teams AVERAGE over 200 yards passing per game. The median is 246. Chase Daniel's deep throw ability is not anywhere near the point of being feared/respected. Comparing him to Trubisky, who struggled over 3 games, is pointless. Nobody is going to give two sh*ts about facing Chase Daniel. He is not a game changer. It's really that simple. The second Mitch is ready, he's back under center.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So bad...

Thanksgiving at DET

27 for 37 72% CMP 230 Yards 2 TD's 0 INT's 106.8 Rating 6.2 Y/A

at NYG

26 for 39 66% CMP 285 Yards 1 TD 2 INT's 75.3 Rating 7.3 Y/A

TOTAL: 69.7% CMP 515 Yards 3 TD's 2 INT's 90.6 Rating 6.78 Y/A

Those are eerily similar to Trubisky numbers. Since the midway point of last season, they're better.

And yet, you and I and the coaching staff and the Bears front office KNOW who is going back under center after the bye (or whenever his injury ends). Telling story is telling moreso than bolded numbers.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. It's like that Saltine cracker from Eddie Murphy Raw deal. "We threw for under 200 yards, but respect Chase Daniel's deep ball." F*ck outta here with that. All but 4 teams AVERAGE over 200 yards passing per game. The median is 246. Chase Daniel's deep throw ability is not anywhere near the point of being feared/respected. Comparing him to Trubisky, who struggled over 3 games, is pointless. Nobody is going to give two sh*ts about facing Chase Daniel. He is not a game changer. It's really that simple. The second Mitch is ready, he's back under center.

So how many yards does a QB need to throw for before we can talk about deep balls?

Please....inform me of what the rule is.

No one said Daniel's deep ball is feared. You're just making stuff up again.

No one has said Mitch shouldn't be under center.

The point made, and it's correct, is Daniel's deep back accuracy is ahead of Mitch right now. Care to counter that point with something on topic?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ugh. It's like that Saltine cracker from Eddie Murphy Raw deal. "We threw for under 200 yards, but respect Chase Daniel's deep ball." F*ck outta here with that.

Again, I just don't even know what this means. If he throws for 5 more total yards, it's okay to talk about his deep ball? lol. What does 195 yards have to do with him hitting his deep balls when he had to?

It's an argument that I cannot address because it does not exist. You are arguing something that doesn't even have a basis.

Majority of Chase's yardage came in the first half. We were in clock killing mode the entire 2nd half. Runs and short passes. Chase's intermediate to deep passing results vs Trubisky's speaks for itself.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet, you and I and the coaching staff and the Bears front office KNOW who is going back under center after the bye (or whenever his injury ends). Telling story is telling moreso than bolded numbers.

And if we drafted Chase #2 overall... guess who would be starting?

Irrelevant to who played better.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how many yards does a QB need to throw for before we can talk about deep balls?

Please....inform me of what the rule is.

No one said Daniel's deep ball is feared. You're just making stuff up again.

No one has said Mitch shouldn't be under center.

The point made, and it's correct, is Daniel's deep back accuracy is ahead of Mitch right now. Care to counter that point with something on topic?

But that IS the point...Who gives a sh*t IS THE POINT. It's comical...thus the picture. A fan of a team with strong quarterback play will read this and cackle like a witch. Chase Daniel's deep ball accuracy is not nearly enough to put him anywhere near the hump, much less over the hump, to lead a playoff bound team. And Mitch is going under center the minute he's ready health-wise. You guys are nitpicking some dumbass sh*t with this deep ball accuracy well.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if we drafted Chase #2 overall... guess who would be starting?

Irrelevant to who played better.

Right...If you want Chase Daniel under center because he "played better" in one game...Knock yourself out. God only hopes Nagy doesn't want that.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that IS the point...Who gives a sh*t IS THE POINT. It's comical...thus the picture. A fan of a team with strong quarterback play will read this and cackle like a witch. Chase Daniel's deep ball accuracy is not nearly enough to put him anywhere near the hump, much less over the hump, to lead a playoff bound team. And Mitch is going under center the minute he's ready health-wise. You guys are nitpicking some dumbass sh*t with this deep ball accuracy well.

Who gives a shit that our #2 overall pick starting QB is being outperformed by a scrub backup journeyman? Is that the question?

Let me just say I do. It bother me greatly and I definitely give a shit. I give a lot of shits, actually.

Didn't realize that in today's NFL deep ball accuracy was meaningless. Thanks again for teaching me that.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a shit that our #2 overall pick starting QB is being outperformed by a scrub backup journeyman? Is that the question?

Let me just say I do. It bother me greatly and I definitely give a shit. I give a lot of shits, actually.

Didn't realize that in today's NFL deep ball accuracy was meaningless. Thanks again for teaching me that.

Chase Daniel is not better than Trubisky. You already know that. So yes, your little stat is meaningless.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right...If you want Chase Daniel under center because he "played better" in one game...Knock yourself out. God only hopes Nagy doesn't want that.

Your goal post moving is unparalleled in this thread.

You have literally managed to move the topic to "who should start once Trubisky is healthy?". Lol. Straw man much? Who the hell argued that? Not me. Not BWW.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your goal post moving is unparalleled in this thread.

You have literally managed to move the topic to "who should start once Trubisky is healthy?". Lol. Straw man much? Who the hell argued that? Not me. Not BWW.

Says the guy that just made Chase Daniel a #2 pick in the draft...You get what you give.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But that IS the point...Who gives a sh*t IS THE POINT. It's comical...thus the picture.

Ah, yes. Who gives a shit about Trubisky (the shoulders with which our franchise rests on) being outperformed by the likes of Chase Daniel? lol

Chase Daniel's deep ball accuracy is not nearly enough to put him anywhere near the hump, much less over the hump, to lead a playoff bound team.

Oh my good lord above in heaven. lol. How many times must things be repeated to you.

Who said it was? The point is that it was better than Trubisky's.

And Mitch is going under center the minute he's ready health-wise.

I.... I just... oh my god

What do you even say at this point?

You guys are nitpicking some dumbass sh*t with this deep ball accuracy well

Yes. Mitch's downfield accuracy has never been the most criticized part of his game. That has NEVER had anything to do with the criticism of Mitch.

This is keyboard vomit dude. You are vomiting on your keyboard and hitting "post reply" in this thread.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy that just made Chase Daniel a #2 pick in the draft...You get what you give.

Lol. Now I'm just laughing. That merely demonstrated why Trubisky is and will continue to be given more chances than Chase.

I am starting to wonder whether or not you even know what "goal post moving" or "straw man" means. If you learn what those things are - perhaps it will better serve you in these types of conversations.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say you said that. I said you know that.

Still a straw man. lol

You are disputing a point which was never put forth by anybody.