• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our offense

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is in trouble.....

We dont have a qb to count on....
We dont have a running game to count on....
Cant block worth a shit....
Only wr we have is A-Rob and he cant do it by himself....

We are in deep shit......Does anyone know whats up with Truubisky......?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest with you, I'm way more concerned why Smith was pulled for personal reasons than how the Bears looked on offense.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is in trouble.....

Beside all the negativity, we will no more on Mitch after Monday. My guess, based on the fact he had no ice on that shoulder, out til after the bye week.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is in trouble.....

Let's just say that all of this is correct (which I don't think it is)

Who cares? Seriously, no... I am not joking. Who cares?

We might have the greatest defense of all-time and that's not hyperbole. This D is far better than anything we had under Lovie. If we score 17-20 points per game. We probably win 12-13 games. If we score 20-24. We absofreakinglutely win the Super Bowl.

We also sat on the ball the entire second half. We had a backup QB with no first team reps out there running the offense quite comfortably. Pass protection was great. They have a good D too.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beside all the negativity, we will no more on Mitch after Monday. My guess, based on the fact he had no ice on that shoulder, out til after the bye week.

It looks like a torn labrum on his non-throwing shoulder to that one twitter doctor whose always out ahead of these things. Which is nothing. He'll need off-season surgery, but if it's not your throwing arm. It hinders nothing. My last baseball season in college I tore my labrum and I finished the year DH'ing. I never even went under the knife. It's torn to this day and it makes zero difference. I lift weights 4-5 days a week, play in football and softball leagues. I have never even felt a pinch. Kyle Long played with this injury last season.

If it's separated. That's a different thing. Let's hope it's not.

However, it's not insane to suggest that Chase is a better option right now. We don't need much from the offense. Chase is a professional. He's a bit more accurate and will probably protect the ball better.

If we were anything less than GOAT caliber on D. You 100% need Mitch's upside and play making ability. However, it's simply not insane to think Chase could be a decent option for a bit.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like a torn labrum on his non-throwing shoulder to that one twitter doctor whose always out ahead of these things. Which is nothing. He'll need off-season surgery, but if it's not your throwing arm. It hinders nothing. My last baseball season in college I tore my labrum and I finished the year DH'ing. I never even went under the knife. It's torn to this day and it makes zero difference. I lift weights 4-5 days a week, play in football and softball leagues. I have never even felt a pinch. Kyle Long played with this injury last season.

If it's separated. That's a different thing. Let's hope it's not.

However, it's not insane to suggest that Chase is a better option right now. We don't need much from the offense. Chase is a professional. He's a bit more accurate and will probably protect the ball better.

If we were anything less than GOAT caliber on D. You 100% need Mitch's upside and play making ability. However, it's simply not insane to think Chase could be a decent option for a bit.
Heh, funny you should mention torn labrum, tore mine last spring and yea, not going under the knife as it really doesn't effect me too much. Playing Basketball if I use my left (which I often do and is the left labrum that is torn, am right handed) up over my head it will bug me a bit, but not worth surgery for.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is in trouble.....

Re hashing what your points where... Daniels did well, I thought, as Mitch, if not a bit better, 102 qbr I think I read (side note: Cousins had a QBR in the 90's, which tells everyone the value of that stat). Your points 2-3 go together, you really can't have one without the other, so yea, run blocking has been sub par. In fact, the O line has been sub par in pretty much all aspects this year compared to last year which isn't saying a whole lot. You are being harsh on Taylor Gabrial after that 3 td performance last game. It is obvious he can play wr.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest with you, I'm way more concerned why Smith was pulled for personal reasons than how the Bears looked on offense.

Let's just say that all of this is correct (which I don't think it is)

Who cares? Seriously, no... I am not joking. Who cares?

We might have the greatest defense of all-time and that's not hyperbole. This D is far better than anything we had under Lovie. If we score 17-20 points per game. We probably win 12-13 games. If we score 20-24. We absofreakinglutely win the Super Bowl.

We also sat on the ball the entire second half. We had a backup QB with no first team reps out there running the offense quite comfortably. Pass protection was great. They have a good D too.

Well we definetley have on ferocious defense,but damn, we need to score to win....
Can we rely on our def every week.....?

Its the same def we had last season and made the first round and lost......

Defenses will now plan for Daniels .....And hes not anything to be afraid of......

I hope ypu all are right about the def carrying the ooffense,but we need points......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re hashing what your points where... Daniels did well, I thought, as Mitch, if not a bit better, 102 qbr I think I read (side note: Cousins had a QBR in the 90's, which tells everyone the value of that stat). Your points 2-3 go together, you really can't have one without the other, so yea, run blocking has been sub par. In fact, the O line has been sub par in pretty much all aspects this year compared to last year which isn't saying a whole lot. You are being harsh on Taylor Gabrial after that 3 td performance last game. It is obvious he can play wr.

As I said above,Minnesota planned for MT,not Chase.......
If MT is out for 4-6 weeks or better,not sure where we are gonna be......

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said above,Minnesota planned for MT,not Chase.......
If MT is out for 4-6 weeks or better,not sure where we are gonna be......

But I'd almost say its a fairly easy adjustment to go from a game plane to stop Trubisky to one to stop Daniel. There really isn't anything unique you have to watch out for with Daniel... It isn't like we brought in a Taysom Hill type QB or something. Daniel is pretty vanilla.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I'd almost say its a fairly easy adjustment to go from a game plane to stop Trubisky to one to stop Daniel. There really isn't anything unique you have to watch out for with Daniel... It isn't like we brought in a Taysom Hill type QB or something. Daniel is pretty vanilla.

Well your probaably right with the comparison, but it would make me feel better knowing we had MT playing.......

Our offense is gonna be letting our defense for the ages go to waste......

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have zero confidence in check down Chase. The rest of the offense will improve and have improved every game this year. We need Trubs back.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we definetley have on ferocious defense,but damn, we need to score to win....
Can we rely on our def every week.....?

Its the same def we had last season and made the first round and lost......

Defenses will now plan for Daniels .....And hes not anything to be afraid of......

I hope ypu all are right about the def carrying the ooffense,but we need points......

This defense is better than last year. Pagano's aggressive/blitzing style has brought it to a whole new level. This defense could be on par with any D from the history of the sport, IMO. Whether that's the 00 Ravens, the 85 Bears or the 15 Broncos. That would mean if we post 20-ish (give or take a few) points in each game. That we probably don't lose to anyone.

I don't think we have to score to potentially make a run to the SB. The NFC has no front runner. However, if we CAN get the offense going (which I certainly think we have time to get it to a reasonable, average to above average level). Watch. The. Fuck. Out.

Daniel will only play one game and it is vs Oakland. Chase Daniel is not a name that has any bearing on the outcome of this team's season. He only would if Mitch comes back and suffers a season ending injury of some kind.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have zero confidence in check down Chase. The rest of the offense will improve and have improved every game this year. We need Trubs back.

Reports are that Chase will only play vs OAK.

And I mean... Trubisky wasn't doing any less checking down than Daniel did. Let's call that what it is. Even if I do want Trubisky back, that's just the truth behind what was going on.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are that Chase will only play vs OAK.

And I mean... Trubisky wasn't doing any less checking down than Daniel did. Let's call that what it is. Even if I do want Trubisky back, that's just the truth behind what was going on.
Trubs was checking down because of the blocking not holding up, Chase just checks down because that's who he is.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubs was checking down because of the blocking not holding up, Chase just checks down because that's who he is.

Trubisky was checking down because he is currently incapable of going through his progressions and if his first read is not open... he goes straight to his check down.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I noticed with chase was the fact that he wasn’t missing deep throws terribly. He also did the small things right that Mitch hasn’t learned yet. Chase knows the offense. I hope Trubisky takes some notes on how Chase runs the offense in Oakland. I feel like he could learn a lot.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky was checking down because he is currently incapable of going through his progressions and if his first read is not open... he goes straight to his check down.

This is what I see consistently as well.

Daniel on the other hand had patience even when the pocket was collapsing.

Overall the offensive line didn't block any better than they had the previous 3 games. Leno was awful.