• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our First College Football Draft : CHAT

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats happening is college football fans are being put of by the "NFL prospects" mentality. College football fans are some of the most passionate in al sports. If that was the case it would have changed the dynamic of everyone draft or some may not have participated. I would suggest guidelines next time as FCS is not remotely close to the same and most definitely skews the College NFL prospect lines. I'll get into it more come voting. Hell we had an IMDB pick :L
What’s an IMDB pick and I’m sorry for making it?:noidea:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot take: if my team is better than your college team and you watch college football, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot take: if my team is better than your college team and you watch college football, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Too be honest we should just give Devil the win so y'all can move on. We all should have drafted 10 players from USC and we too would have a chance...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s an IMDB pick and I’m sorry for making it?:noidea:
Michael Oher who was known more for The Blind Side than as an actual college offensive linemen.

giphy.gif

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Oher who was known more for The Blind Side than as an actual college offensive linemen.

giphy.gif

Gonna be completely honest first time I ever heard of OJ Simpson was from the Naked Gun. I had no idea he was a football player.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not to shit on someone trying to do a good thing... and i commend you for that... but i must admit, i don't understand risking ANYTHING for nothing AND risking it for somebody that means nothing to you...

I don’t feel I’m risking much but some pain but what I can give will hopefully save this guys life so I say why wouldn’t I.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t feel I’m risking much but some pain but what I can give will hopefully save this guys life so I say why wouldn’t I.

i guess this shows my true colours... but i wouldn't help...

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know shit about shit when it comes to college football, but I just tried to draft the most accomplished collegiate athletes I could find. I valued production over name in most cases otherwise I have no baseline to support my draft choices. Like Troy Edwards may not get as much love as say Randy Moss or Jerry Rice, but he had two of the top 25 single season receiving yards in college football history and was an all-american.

IMO, if you're going to say a player wasn't as good as another based on the level of competition they faced, we can go back to every single draft we've ever done and re-evaluate the players. Wilt Chamberlain is one of the greatest Centers of all time in basketball, but played his entire career against guys who were significantly smaller than he was. Most of the great centers of his era were like 6'9"ish. His biggest competition was Bill Russell who by all records was 6'9" 225-230 in his playing days. We don't hold that against him and say he's completely overrated. We value his dominance and what he was able to do against the competition in front of him. You don't think if you took David Robinson and put him in the 60's he'd be considered probably a top 3 center of all time instead of maybe the 3rd best of his era?

If you're starting to compare players to competition they played against, this becomes a real slippery slope IMO.

Eh...it's tough with college but stats generated by a TT QB could look amazing but relatively meaningless for the sake of this....

I'd value AA status, team overall accomplishments and then stats within

Like I just chose Todd Lyght but did look at DeAngelo Hall

Hall would be more instantly recognized but Lyght was definitely the better college player (and a decent pro)

Same goes for Marvin Jones

4th in Heisman voting. Dude was an absolute monster in college. Mediocre as a pro.

I don't care if I win or not this has been a blast but I've tried to stay true to the spirit of the draft.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

Yet he went to the University of Mississippi, was an All American and a NFL first round draft pick, yep, musta sucked in college. From this point forward everyone needs to run their pick by Wes to be sure it's acceptable.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet he went to the University of Mississippi, was an All American .

:fify: should have stopped after won 1 all american. Theirs Outland,Rimmington etc...Award winners OTB

Ive got an Olinemen in Hicks that finished second in the Heisman which is rare. 3 time all americans...And they did it without Sandra Bullock. Omer's claim to fame is The Blind Side

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh...it's tough with college but stats generated by a TT QB could look amazing but relatively meaningless for the sake of this....

I'd value AA status, team overall accomplishments and then stats within

Like I just chose Todd Lyght but did look at DeAngelo Hall

Hall would be more instantly recognized but Lyght was definitely the better college player (and a decent pro)

Same goes for Marvin Jones

4th in Heisman voting. Dude was an absolute monster in college. Mediocre as a pro.

I don't care if I win or not this has been a blast but I've tried to stay true to the spirit of the draft.

Same. Since I don’t know anything about college drafts I just tried to draft guys who were accomplished. Like all of my CBs were Jim Thorpe winnners and both of my safeties were 2x all americans. Not sure how my team will do but felt pretty good about it.

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why y'all laughing at my post about Scott/LB pick? He's a real person we know, and those are his numbers and stats while at Texas. Hell, I bought his UD Card for a buck, because I know the man.
Man, players looked really old back then. Looks like he's 60 when he's 22, lol!

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:fify: should have stopped after won 1 all american. Theirs Outland,Rimmington etc...Award winners OTB

Ive got an Olinemen in Hicks that finished second in the Heisman which is rare. 3 time all americans...And they did it without Sandra Bullock. Omer's claim to fame is The Blind Side

WHO GIVES A FUCK!!! You made it sound like he was a joke of a pick! Fact is, he wasn't! Fact is not everyone has to have the same opinion as you! Fact is this isn't the draft only award winning players from Wes approved schools or he will talk down to you like you are a fucking child!

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi guys can we all get along by hating Ritz? That guy is the worse.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHO GIVES A FUCK!!! You made it sound like he was a joke of a pick! Fact is, he wasn't! Fact is not everyone has to have the same opinion as you! Fact is this isn't the draft only award winning players from NCAA approved schools or he will talk down to you like you are a fucking child!
If you say so and Roaf wasn't an NFL pick....College draft not prospect draft.. I would go with NCAA approved.I am not the one who sets the levels in college football.This is exactly why we should have used P5/G5 buckets imo

Hall

Hoopla Cash
$ 128,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roaf finished second in the Outland trophy voting that year and is on the fwaa all time team. It wasn't an NFL pick...

Consensus AA and Outland Finalist and Football Writers all time team from a small school is a plus to me. He earned all those accolades in spite of his school recognition. You obviously view it opposite it is what it is.