• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

nfl.com trade

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh Steelers

Pittsburgh Steelers

TRADE WITH
Minnesota Vikings

Minnesota Vikings

Steelers receive:
  • No. 12 overall (Round 1)

Vikings receive:
  • No. 20 overall (Round 1)
  • 2023 first-round choice
  • 2023 third-round choice

In the wake of Ben Roethlisberger's retirement, the Steelers signed former Bears and Bills quarterback Mitch Trubisky to an incentive-laden two-year deal. That contract does not scream "long-term starter," though, suggesting outgoing GM Kevin Colbert might want to add one of the top four young signal-callers mentioned above before leaving his post.

The pressure to move up increases if at least two quarterbacks are picked in the top 10 selections. Pittsburgh will be under the gun to get into the range between the 10th and 12th overall picks, with the Eagles (who hold picks No. 15, 16 and 19) being unpredictable, the Saints (No. 18 overall) and Commanders (No. 11) bringing in older quarterbacks with question marks, the Texans (Nos. 3 and 13) considering whether second-year passer Davis Mills is the answer in 2022 and the Titans (No. 26) potentially evaluating the rookie draft class in the wake of Ryan Tannehill's up-and-down 2021 season.

Minnesota has a new administration in place and extended quarterback Kirk Cousins this offseason. Dropping down eight spots and grabbing future draft capital is a good way to re-shape the roster while installing new offensive and defensive schemes. GM Kwesi-Adofo Mensah will find good value at linebacker, receiver, cornerback or along the offensive line with the Steelers' assigned pick.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did this with the Vikings. I do this in a heartbeat if Pitt wanted #11. That is more than what the Giants got from the Bears last year to get Fields.

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did this with the Vikings. I do this in a heartbeat if Pitt wanted #11. That is more than what the Giants got from the Bears last year to get Fields.
Pittsburgh Steelers

Pittsburgh Steelers

TRADE WITH
Minnesota Vikings

Minnesota Vikings

Steelers receive:
  • No. 12 overall (Round 1)

Vikings receive:
  • No. 20 overall (Round 1)
  • 2023 first-round choice
  • 2023 third-round choice

In the wake of Ben Roethlisberger's retirement, the Steelers signed former Bears and Bills quarterback Mitch Trubisky to an incentive-laden two-year deal. That contract does not scream "long-term starter," though, suggesting outgoing GM Kevin Colbert might want to add one of the top four young signal-callers mentioned above before leaving his post.

The pressure to move up increases if at least two quarterbacks are picked in the top 10 selections. Pittsburgh will be under the gun to get into the range between the 10th and 12th overall picks, with the Eagles (who hold picks No. 15, 16 and 19) being unpredictable, the Saints (No. 18 overall) and Commanders (No. 11) bringing in older quarterbacks with question marks, the Texans (Nos. 3 and 13) considering whether second-year passer Davis Mills is the answer in 2022 and the Titans (No. 26) potentially evaluating the rookie draft class in the wake of Ryan Tannehill's up-and-down 2021 season.

Minnesota has a new administration in place and extended quarterback Kirk Cousins this offseason. Dropping down eight spots and grabbing future draft capital is a good way to re-shape the roster while installing new offensive and defensive schemes. GM Kwesi-Adofo Mensah will find good value at linebacker, receiver, cornerback or along the offensive line with the Steelers' assigned pick.
NOPE!
Are you paying attention to what's happening in this league? The Eagles just traded with the Saints for this...

The Eagles are trading two 2022 first-round picks (No. 16 and 19) and a 2022 sixth-round pick (No. 194) to the Saints.

in exchange for a 2022 first-round selection (No. 18), a third-round pick (101), and a seventh-round selection (237), as well as a 2023 first-round and 2024 second-round pick.

What does this mean for Washington? Well, New Orleans made this move in order to jump the L.A. Chargers at #17, this means that there's a very obvious trading partner sitting at #17 which is 3 picks ahead of the Steelers #20. Dreams of Pittsburg moving up in any draft are foolhardy, this is something that they don't typically do. Washington, if they are even interested in trading down would be better served in trading with the Chargers.

BTW: with this move, the Eagles just announced that their 2022 starter is J. Hurts. He will be given every opportunity to win the job there. Additionally, this move put Philly in a win-win situation with respect to the QB position. Should hurts secure the job, they can then load up in the next two drafts. Should he fail, they are in a great position to move up, if necessary to get one of the projected top QBs in 2023.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOPE!
Are you paying attention to what's happening in this league? The Eagles just traded with the Saints for this...

The Eagles are trading two 2022 first-round picks (No. 16 and 19) and a 2022 sixth-round pick (No. 194) to the Saints.

in exchange for a 2022 first-round selection (No. 18), a third-round pick (101), and a seventh-round selection (237), as well as a 2023 first-round and 2024 second-round pick.

What does this mean for Washington? Well, New Orleans made this move in order to jump the L.A. Chargers at #17, this means that there's a very obvious trading partner sitting at #17 which is 3 picks ahead of the Steelers #20. Dreams of Pittsburg moving up in any draft are foolhardy, this is something that they don't typically do. Washington, if they are even interested in trading down would be better served in trading with the Chargers.

BTW: with this move, the Eagles just announced that their 2022 starter is J. Hurts. He will be given every opportunity to win the job there. Additionally, this move put Philly in a win-win situation with respect to the QB position. Should hurts secure the job, they can then load up in the next two drafts. Should he fail, they are in a great position to move up, if necessary to get one of the projected top QBs in 2023.
I wonder if Rivera has the brains to make a trade happen. After the Trent Williams and Carson Wentz trade, he might give up the 11th pick for two 7th rounders.

We need to find a way to slide back in this draft. We need a lot of help.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles on some Madden Franchise mode moves,

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Rivera has the brains to make a trade happen. After the Trent Williams and Carson Wentz trade, he might give up the 11th pick for two 7th rounders.

We need to find a way to slide back in this draft. We need a lot of help.
Rivera has zero experience as a front office participant and he now has the final call on all moves, so two 7th round picks for 11 seem plausible based on that lack of expertise. I get his belief in the guys that he's gotten for this team but that happens on every team and they unlike him and his team seek to improve even if their season ends with a SB victory.

How far back in this draft makes sense to you, what rationale for doing so (ex: can still get the guy that they want), and what would the expectant return be for such a move?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivera has zero experience as a front office participant and he now has the final call on all moves, so two 7th round picks for 11 seem plausible based on that lack of expertise. I get his belief in the guys that he's gotten for this team but that happens on every team and they unlike him and his team seek to improve even if their season ends with a SB victory.

How far back in this draft makes sense to you, what rationale for doing so (ex: can still get the guy that they want), and what would the expectant return be for such a move?
Can we get a difference maker at 11? That is why he 1st thought . If we get a trade down can we actually make good picks ? Davis brown and BSJ appear to be trash

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we get a difference maker at 11? That is why he 1st thought . If we get a trade down can we actually make good picks ? Davis brown and BSJ appear to be trash
I think after year 2 we can make that official judgment. That being said, yes, at this point, they look to be sub standard players. Davis looked awful and Brown simply runs down the field as fast as he can. BSJ is hurt as soon as he steps on the field...sigh

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOPE!

You are nuts to say no to that trade. Houston at #13 could be in the market for a QB. That is why the Steelers could trade up. Are you saying no to that trade offer or you don't think anyone would trade with us?

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd make this trade. At best we lose in the first round of the playoffs. Two first round picks could attract a new head coach.
While i respects what RR has done in this toxic environment, his record is still awful.
Peace out

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are nuts to say no to that trade. Houston at #13 could be in the market for a QB. That is why the Steelers could trade up. Are you saying no to that trade offer or you don't think anyone would trade with us?
I'm saying NO to your trade proposal because it makes less sense than trading with the Chargers. I get it you want to amass as many draft picks as possible this year and next. The problem in moving to 20 gives you a much less chance to land the better positional player that you want this year vs a move to 17. BTW: If Pittsburg is actually in the QB market, and Washington has zero interest in drafting one, all Pittsburgh has to do is sit tight at 20 and they'll get either Pickett or Willis neither of them ready to start this year. Pickett is the most starter ready and won't go sooner than pick #6 (Carolina) The problem with the Panthers taking him is he doesn't offer them more than Darnold at this point.

Atlanta (8) and Seattle (9) might be in the QB market too but with Pickett possibly off the board, neither will draft a QB in the top ten who isn't starter ready, so both will pass on Willis.

Houston is NOT in the QB market and if they were the better move for Pittsburgh would be with the Vikings at 12.

The next team up in NEED of a QB... Washington who we've agreed will pass (you because you want them to trade down, me because I don't trust RR and Co. to do the right thing)

The next team up that might have interest in drafting a QB... New Orleans (picks #16 and #19) poses the biggest threat to Pittsburgh (pick 20) in taking Willis. If Pittsburgh has any interest in drafting a QB, trading with New Orleans makes a lot more sense than going from 20 to 11. I enjoy reading about your fanciful dreams of well-run organizations suddenly becoming brain dead shells of themselves and saving Washington from themselves but in the real world, historically smart, well-run organizations don't become Washington-like overnight.

This is a weak QB market @Dean, try to understand that and lighten your grip on the idea that desperation will force good organizations to do dumb things.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest needs for this team are QB and WR, they probably have convinced themselves that QB has been taken care of (it hasn't) so WR becomes top priority. Based on that, YES, they can get a difference-making WR at 11, and a lesser chance to do so at #20.

History indicates that the farther down you are in the draft, the fewer holes are needed to be filled. Washington doesn't meet this standard so "good picks" might put bodies in place, but the name of the game is quality over quantity. Here's the difference... some here want to draft a WR likely to be the #2 (these are "good picks") with TM as WR1. For me, I'd prefer to get that high-end WR who has the ability to relegate TM to WR2. One situation makes them good, my own makes them dangerous.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd make this trade. At best we lose in the first round of the playoffs. Two first round picks could attract a new head coach.
While i respects what RR has done in this toxic environment, his record is still awful.
Peace out
Interesting, but my question to you is... if the standard is upgrading, who do you take at #20, at the same position, likely WR, as good or better than TM?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying NO to your trade proposal because it makes less sense than trading with the Chargers. I get it you want to amass as many draft picks as possible this year and next. The problem in moving to 20 gives you a much less chance to land the better positional player that you want this year vs a move to 17. BTW: If Pittsburg is actually in the QB market, and Washington has zero interest in drafting one, all Pittsburgh has to do is sit tight at 20 and they'll get either Pickett or Willis neither of them ready to start this year. Pickett is the most starter ready and won't go sooner than pick #6 (Carolina) The problem with the Panthers taking him is he doesn't offer them more than Darnold at this point.

Atlanta (8) and Seattle (9) might be in the QB market too but with Pickett possibly off the board, neither will draft a QB in the top ten who isn't starter ready, so both will pass on Willis.

Houston is NOT in the QB market and if they were the better move for Pittsburgh would be with the Vikings at 12.

The next team up in NEED of a QB... Washington who we've agreed will pass (you because you want them to trade down, me because I don't trust RR and Co. to do the right thing)

The next team up that might have interest in drafting a QB... New Orleans (picks #16 and #19) poses the biggest threat to Pittsburgh (pick 20) in taking Willis. If Pittsburgh has any interest in drafting a QB, trading with New Orleans makes a lot more sense than going from 20 to 11. I enjoy reading about your fanciful dreams of well-run organizations suddenly becoming brain dead shells of themselves and saving Washington from themselves but in the real world, historically smart, well-run organizations don't become Washington-like overnight.

This is a weak QB market @Dean, try to understand that and lighten your grip on the idea that desperation will force good organizations to do dumb things.

We should get calls for the #11 pick, especially if Willis is there. Saying NO to the deal that was proposed is crazy to me. Why wouldn't we want a 1st round pick next year? Of course Pitt is in the QB marker. Why wouldn't Houston be in the Qb market? There is no way Willis is going to last until #20. Someone will trade up for him. How long did Fields last in the draft last year? Is the same thing this year. I also think the Packers will be willing to trade up to land a top notch WR. They have a ton of picks.

So to sum up Im looking at Pitt and GB to trade up with us. If Willis is gone by #11 then we have to hope GB is willing to come up to get Wilson or London. Some people are saying the Jets are taking Burks at #10. I cant believe you are saying we will receive no phone calls for #11 if WIllis, London, and Wilson is there

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should get calls for the #11 pick, especially if Willis is there. Saying NO to the deal that was proposed is crazy to me. Why wouldn't we want a 1st round pick next year? Of course Pitt is in the QB marker. Why wouldn't Houston be in the Qb market? There is no way Willis is going to last until #20. Someone will trade up for him. How long did Fields last in the draft last year? Is the same thing this year. I also think the Packers will be willing to trade up to land a top notch WR. They have a ton of picks.

So to sum up Im looking at Pitt and GB to trade up with us. If Willis is gone by #11 then we have to hope GB is willing to come up to get Wilson or London. Some people are saying the Jets are taking Burks at #10. I cant believe you are saying we will receive no phone calls for #11 if WIllis, London, and Wilson is there
I know that it seems crazy to you but that's because it's an extremely remote, rather bizarre proposal considering far more likely alternative scenarios that I've countered with.

We wouldn't want a 1st round pick next year because we don't get the high-end player that we want this year. You don't hurt yourself now for some remote return next year. Smart teams don't do this, but I suppose that if you're suggesting that Washington should then that makes sense because they aren't very smart. An example of what you propose can be seen with Kansas City...they have 12 picks in this draft (the most) do you think that there are 12 holes on their team that needs filing? NO!! so what will they do? trade out of this draft for future picks just as you suggest, only they would be doing so from a position of strength. In order to get there you have to "hit" on your draft picks, trading down lessens your chances of doing that.

If Willis is there at 11 and as you suggest, Washington passes, then he'll either be drafted by New Orleans at 16 or 19.If they pass as I believe they will, Pittsburgh will have the opportunity to get him. (They will pass too!) BTW: If Carolina passes on Pickett and Willis as some are suggesting, both will be available after the 11th pick comes and goes.

Washington's top needs are QB and WR so now you're suggesting that Washington trades away their opportunity to get that "top notch WR" to Green Bay? So what does Washington get towards filling their need for a "top notch WR?"

NO sir, what I'm saying concerns those calls that Washington no doubt will get... unless the trading partner is just a couple of spots below #11 AND Washington is fully confident that they will still be able to draft their guy at the new spot... P.A.S.S.!!!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that it seems crazy to you but that's because it's an extremely remote, rather bizarre proposal considering far more likely alternative scenarios that I've countered with.

We wouldn't want a 1st round pick next year because we don't get the high-end player that we want this year. You don't hurt yourself now for some remote return next year. Smart teams don't do this, but I suppose that if you're suggesting that Washington should then that makes sense because they aren't very smart. An example of what you propose can be seen with Kansas City...they have 12 picks in this draft (the most) do you think that there are 12 holes on their team that needs filing? NO!! so what will they do? trade out of this draft for future picks just as you suggest, only they would be doing so from a position of strength. In order to get there you have to "hit" on your draft picks, trading down lessens your chances of doing that.

If Willis is there at 11 and as you suggest, Washington passes, then he'll either be drafted by New Orleans at 16 or 19.If they pass as I believe they will, Pittsburgh will have the opportunity to get him. (They will pass too!) BTW: If Carolina passes on Pickett and Willis as some are suggesting, both will be available after the 11th pick comes and goes.

Washington's top needs are QB and WR so now you're suggesting that Washington trades away their opportunity to get that "top notch WR" to Green Bay? So what does Washington get towards filling their need for a "top notch WR?"

NO sir, what I'm saying concerns those calls that Washington no doubt will get... unless the trading partner is just a couple of spots below #11 AND Washington is fully confident that they will still be able to draft their guy at the new spot... P.A.S.S.!!!

Someone will trade up for Willis. Just like the Bears did for Fields. Most fans would have to think moving down is their #1 option. WR is one of the deepest positions in this draft so im not worried. Top needs are LB, CB, S, and WR. To get a #1 next year would be huge. If someone offers and #1 next year RR will take it.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, I agree with GB looking at our pick. They need help in the worst way. I can see them trading up to grab Wilson, London or Olave actually.
I doubt the Chiefs panic and move up but they could. They have before.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, but my question to you is... if the standard is upgrading, who do you take at #20, at the same position, likely WR, as good or better than TM?

Both Tankathon and Cbssports mock drafts have Olave and Burks available at #20. I'd be happy with either, I'd prefer Burks, possession and jump ball capable , good blocker, high ceiling.
Turner got extended, so i guess RR won't be fired. Once wince fails, draft capital will be needed to move up for a qb.
That's my logic, if somehow wince is still around, i can attack two positions of need in the 1st.
If i overlooked something, i will edit this reply. Thanks Sty!!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Tankathon and Cbssports mock drafts have Olave and Burks available at #20. I'd be happy with either, I'd prefer Burks, possession and jump ball capable , good blocker, high ceiling.
Turner got extended, so i guess RR won't be fired. Once wince fails, draft capital will be needed to move up for a qb.
That's my logic, if somehow wince is still around, i can attack two positions of need in the 1st.
If i overlooked something, i will edit this reply. Thanks Sty!!

Plus Lloyd and Dean could be there at #20 also..

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams might trade ip for any number of reasons besides needing a qb.

GB might trade up for a wr, so might KC.

If any team falls in live with the best lb, safety, cb Some of which should he availavle at 11, then washington should have trade down partners.