• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Stars Hockey

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big picture is all that matters here and I don't think there is a need to make trade this season unless they try to unload everything so they can bring up the rest of the kids this season but I don't see it happening. Most teams are at or near the cap so whatever deals are going to happen we'll be getting the same money back in all likelihood. I just hope we're not buyers because it will be fools gold if we do. This team isn't ready to compete and aren't serious at making cup runs. They're still learning how to win, lose, play together and rebuild this thing from the ground up. Individually we have decent defenseman but I think collectively they're just not good...I'm pretty sure there would be plenty of teams wanting Daley's and Goose's services and they're not bad players...they've just struggled the last few years. I don't see Gonchar going anywhere for the simple reason that not only has his game fell off completely but they want him to be here because of Val and that is fine by me. The more time our kids get seasoning the better it will be when they come up. I don't think this organization is ready yet...I say stand pat and demonstrate serious patience. Instant gratification does not usually happen in sports and if they do then more times than not it just turns into fools gold.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a joke. Holland is a dumbass. He should forfeit his paycheck until he comes back from the injury. He had a responsibility to his team

Although that is how he likely injured his knee we don't know for sure and probably won't ever know.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord this is happening all too often. That should be it. If it happens again, then something is wrong. But we've had 4-6 game bad streaks for the past 3 seasons or more. Then we come back and play like nothing was ever wrong. We can't have a 3rd period meltdown like that though. I don't care who you are and who you're playing

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so hard to watch this defense, or lack thereof. I know you die hard hockey fans will probably hate this, but we might as well start trying to move up in the draft. Let the youngsters come up and get some experience while trading some of the vets.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know losses can be frustrating, but I don't think we played that bad tonight. 2 of their goals were just lucky bounces or deflections. I thought our defense was halfway decent. I agree that we should trade up or trade for some prospects, but I wouldn't use tonight as an example. I think Boston is just a much better team than us. I mean, just looking at the names you can easily see that. Tuuka Rask, Boychuk, Lucic, Chara, Iginla, Marchand. I think tonight was just a better team playing against a team that is struggling mightily at the moment. We fought hard though, and I'm not against this effort. They probably should've had 3 or 4 goals in the second, but only got a last second goal on a lucky bounce off the boards when Goose tried to clear it.

I can't wait til the deadline though. Most fans can't wait for it because it means they're gonna get a star player. I can't wait for it because this draft is gonna be so clutch for us. We can get another 1st round pick or a nice prospect. I doubt we'll be able to move up though because the teams worse than us aren't "buying" at the deadline. We'd have to get a pick from a team who is playing well, but made a trade a couple years ago to acquire a top pick in this draft by luck. We're about to get even more young guys. And its not like losing peverly, or whitney, or fiddler is gonna kill us. Peverly is good at face offs. Thats about it. Whitney sucks. Fiddler is feisty but lacks skill in most areas. Then there is Cole, who has been are most reliable guy lately. But that just means Seguin or Benn have to step up. I think we could get a decent haul for cole. He's having a pretty good year and many teams would love to have him

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know losses can be frustrating, but I don't think we played that bad tonight. 2 of their goals were just lucky bounces or deflections. I thought our defense was halfway decent. I agree that we should trade up or trade for some prospects, but I wouldn't use tonight as an example. I think Boston is just a much better team than us. I mean, just looking at the names you can easily see that. Tuuka Rask, Boychuk, Lucic, Chara, Iginla, Marchand. I think tonight was just a better team playing against a team that is struggling mightily at the moment. We fought hard though, and I'm not against this effort. They probably should've had 3 or 4 goals in the second, but only got a last second goal on a lucky bounce off the boards when Goose tried to clear it.

I can't wait til the deadline though. Most fans can't wait for it because it means they're gonna get a star player. I can't wait for it because this draft is gonna be so clutch for us. We can get another 1st round pick or a nice prospect. I doubt we'll be able to move up though because the teams worse than us aren't "buying" at the deadline. We'd have to get a pick from a team who is playing well, but made a trade a couple years ago to acquire a top pick in this draft by luck. We're about to get even more young guys. And its not like losing peverly, or whitney, or fiddler is gonna kill us. Peverly is good at face offs. Thats about it. Whitney sucks. Fiddler is feisty but lacks skill in most areas. Then there is Cole, who has been are most reliable guy lately. But that just means Seguin or Benn have to step up. I think we could get a decent haul for cole. He's having a pretty good year and many teams would love to have him

I wasn't talking about them being "buyers". I meant the more we lose the higher we'll pick.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can expect a move in the next couple of days just to wake the boys up. Someone like erik cole or pev. I liked the move of putting roussel on the first line with Seguin. Gives you a fantastic skater in seguin on the same line with someone who skates at 100 percent every shift and is always the first one in the offensive zone. Too many times I saw Seguin all alone, but today wasn't the case.

We're still struggling though and its about time to make a move. I've accepted that this isn't the season, but no matter what happens throughout the rest of it I am very pleased with the direction we're going.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can expect a move in the next couple of days just to wake the boys up. Someone like erik cole or pev. I liked the move of putting roussel on the first line with Seguin. Gives you a fantastic skater in seguin on the same line with someone who skates at 100 percent every shift and is always the first one in the offensive zone. Too many times I saw Seguin all alone, but today wasn't the case.

We're still struggling though and its about time to make a move. I've accepted that this isn't the season, but no matter what happens throughout the rest of it I am very pleased with the direction we're going.

I can see a move but not Cole or Pev. It is hard to say tho...Sceviour is ready for the NHL but once he's up he has to stay. I think Whitney, Daley and Goose will all be shopped but I still say that I wouldn't be surprised if no move happened just because I think Nill is determined to keep the big picture in mind.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Daley being shopped. We've already reportedly shopped cole, pev, gonchar, and fiddler according to nhl rumors

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice move on the penalty shot for the Captains brother.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know right? That was sick. From a freakin defensemen who is one of the worst players on the team

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know right? That was sick. From a freakin defensemen who is one of the worst players on the team

Razor loved it. He went nuts. Dallas actually had a PP tonight too...If only every game looked like that.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to the game on Thursday night against the Leafs. I've been to like 5 games this season and I'm 0'fer. Toronto is hot right now so I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas lost. It just blows that I haven't witnessed a win yet in person this season.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang. I've only been to two losses this year, but they were both ugly. Every other game we've won. But have fun, the leafs are extremely fun to watch. I watched that HBO series 24/7 with them and the red wings and I learned alot about their players. Watch this short video of them mic'd up on the ice talking shit to sid crosby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hddxqb65YiM

Kadri, Phaneuf, Van Remsdyk, Kessel, Bodie ahhh man I'm jealous. Just don't let all those leafs fans start any chants, cuz no doubt they'll outnumber us

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang. I've only been to two losses this year, but they were both ugly. Every other game we've won. But have fun, the leafs are extremely fun to watch. I watched that HBO series 24/7 with them and the red wings and I learned alot about their players. Watch this short video of them mic'd up on the ice talking shit to sid crosby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hddxqb65YiM

Kadri, Phaneuf, Van Remsdyk, Kessel, Bodie ahhh man I'm jealous. Just don't let all those leafs fans start any chants, cuz no doubt they'll outnumber us

I don't remember the last time Toronto was here but is it as bad as it is when Chicago or Detroit comes to town? For some reason it's a huge blur the last time they were here.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so much, but Toronto is probably in the second tier of fans who travel well I'd say. If you remember the montreal game I bet its similar to that. There were french chants going through the AAC after the game. Incredibly annoying

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to the game on Thursday night against the Leafs. I've been to like 5 games this season and I'm 0'fer. Toronto is hot right now so I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas lost. It just blows that I haven't witnessed a win yet in person this season.

I've only been to 1, but we won.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally witness a damn win in person this season. Thorough ass whipping. Team played great and they've probably got some confidence and momentum back. Not sure what will happen tomorrow as the Penguins are in town and there will be lots of Pens fans in the arena. Hopefully it will be competitive and the team can get a point out of it.