• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Stars Hockey

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really showed up to play tonight. You could tell just from the 1st period on that the effort was there and they put in that extra aggression and hustle they don't always show. That was one of the best games I've seen them play in a while.

There's no question that the talent is there and that on any given night they can beat any team in the league. It's just that they don't always get the consistency from their youngsters or the effort from their geezers. But on nights like tonight when it all comes together, it can be very fun to watch!

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really showed up to play tonight. You could tell just from the 1st period on that the effort was there and they put in that extra aggression and hustle they don't always show. That was one of the best games I've seen them play in a while.

There's no question that the talent is there and that on any given night they can beat any team in the league. It's just that they don't always get the consistency from their youngsters or the effort from their geezers. But on nights like tonight when it all comes together, it can be very fun to watch!

I've resigned myself to accepting they will probably miss the playoffs, but they will also play really great hockey for stretches until that happens.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw the stats on the goaltenders and was surprised that it showed the Stars only had 28 shots, seemed like they had 25 in the first period

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care what anyone says. I love crosby and malkin so much.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the best player in hockey by far. I don't wanna hear ovechkin even in the picture anymore because I've seen him play before. He doesn't even play defense. He has the most shots in the league. Crosby is amazing at what he does. Call him a pussy, a bitch, whatever you want. I'm sure Lebron feels soooo bad when fans call him a pussy for flopping 25 times a game, but the dude is the best. If crosby played for dallas then there is absolutely no doubt we embrace the "pussy" that he is because he is so smart and dominant.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crosby is a douchebag that has had a silver spoon his entire life. No thanks.

How is he a douche? He's the best hockey player in the world hands down and he's as humble for his status as you can be.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crosby isn't a douche off the ice. I feel like they're all douches on the ice, but that shouldnt matter. Off the ice he's incredibly humble. I have no idea what you're talking about. Name one time where crosby has gotten in trouble outside of hockey. One time. You probably can't, because he's like the nicest dude in the league. Always signs autographs, never goes out and parties, always says the right things. He's just an all around good guy

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is he a douche? He's the best hockey player in the world hands down and he's as humble for his status as you can be.

That's like asking me to explain how LeBron is a douche. Fuck Sid Crosby. Liking someone because they are the best is trite and boring.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crosby isn't a douche off the ice. I feel like they're all douches on the ice, but that shouldnt matter. Off the ice he's incredibly humble. I have no idea what you're talking about. Name one time where crosby has gotten in trouble outside of hockey. One time. You probably can't, because he's like the nicest dude in the league. Always signs autographs, never goes out and parties, always says the right things. He's just an all around good guy

I don't give a shit how he is off the ice. I will never meet him. He's a little smug prick on the ice. Telling refs shit like "How can you call that on me, I don't like to hit." Hating people is way too fun man. You should try it.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They all say that! You must hate every hockey player then, cuz I'm 100 percent sure Jamie Benn, Seguin, Morrow, Modano, whoever have said "why the fuck are you calling that on me?"

They're competitors. That's like getting mad at Richard Sherman for talking shit ON the field. Who cares? He's a competitor. He's very passionate. When I played baseball I was very passionate as well. I think that's a pretty poor reason to hate an athlete when they all do that.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They all say that! You must hate every hockey player then, cuz I'm 100 percent sure Jamie Benn, Seguin, Morrow, Modano, whoever have said "why the fuck are you calling that on me?"

They're competitors. That's like getting mad at Richard Sherman for talking shit ON the field. Who cares? He's a competitor. He's very passionate. When I played baseball I was very passionate as well. I think that's a pretty poor reason to hate an athlete when they all do that.

I do care, because Sherman is a dumbfuck that acts like he is brilliant. They do not all act like douches on the playing field. You are quite wrong there. Enough with the cliches....

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, actually most hockey players do. As long as I've watched, it turns out that no matter who it is, they all do it. It is part of the hockey culture. Modano did it, and Crosby does too

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going to hate on people that argue calls that are for or against them then can you even really be a sports fan at this point?

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crosby is WIDELY recognized as the biggest crybaby in the league. His peers even voted him so. He whines incessantly. No other player even comes close in that regard. He was also voted the biggest diver in the league. Plus he plays with a huge sense of entitlement. You all can defend him all you want, but those are the facts. He might be the best player in the world, but it isn't by a wide margin like you claim. Stamkos, Malkin, Ovechkin, and Toews are all right there in the discussion. Crosby does have weaknesses to his game. He isn't perfect.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've resigned myself to accepting they will probably miss the playoffs, but they will also play really great hockey for stretches until that happens.

Yeah, this is pretty much how I feel about them too. Barring a major hot streak, they're going to just miss the playoffs, probably somewhere around where they are now (9th or 10th place).

As much as I want to see Stars playoff hockey, I can wait another year as long as they continue to develop the young players, add valuable assets like draft picks and prospects, and clear cap space to sign the last impact player or two once they're closer to competing.

I think we all as Stars fans can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and for the first time in a long time it's not an oncoming freight train.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't the point. I'm saying that THEY ALL do that. I realize crosby is the "biggest crybaby." Remember, I'm from the DC area. If you guys feel that way imagine how THEY feel. But there is no doubt he is the best hockey player in the nhl. Will the Thrill, on that same players poll, which player did they also vote as "the most respected in the league" AND "the best overall player in the league"? Crosby. He is also known for his philanthropic activities outside of hockey and as being known as one of the best fan players in hockey (signs all autographs, engages in conversation, nice in public, etc.) Ya, he bitches about calls on the ice, probably moreso than most other players. He also plays for one of the best franchises in hockey for the past 10 years as a captain, is the captain of Team Canada, has given an incredible amount of attention to the sport in general which was snowballing downhill fast, and is the face of hockey. Say whatever you want about Sidney Crosby, but that dude has saved the NHL and I'd love for him to play here. If you can't handle him bitching about some calls every game then tough. The pros highly outweigh the cons.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, actually most hockey players do. As long as I've watched, it turns out that no matter who it is, they all do it. It is part of the hockey culture. Modano did it, and Crosby does too

Why do you care that I think he is a douchenozzle? How that does that affect you in anyway? I will never like the dude. I don't care how good he is. I think Michael Jordan is a huge asshole, but that doesn't mean he's not the best player in NBA history. I don't care about anything about him off the ice.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just doing it for the sake of argument. I don't agree with your opinion, and I made facts to back it up. That's usually how it works right. Even if your opinion doesn't sway, you learn new things about said athlete by reading the posts I've put together.