• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Stars Hockey

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because it's baseball off season doesn't mean we should not watch sports! Stars wearing their new sweaters at home. Go Stars!

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is so weird seeing a number 10 on the ice that is not Morrow.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know what that means

Not sure if serious or not.

Anyway I was at the game last night and it was great to have hockey back. The Stars looked up and down but that was going to be expected with the new overhaul. I was disappointed to see some empty seats tho as I think attendance was only a little over 16K. Just shows how bad things really got into the fans' perception of the team during the end of the Hicks ownership era.

All that said this team will get better and will have some growing pains. The blue line is still suspect but that'll be a work in progress. I expect Saturday's game to be much better as Washington is great on offense but a little vulnerable on the defense.

The bright spots last night were the worker bees in Roussel and Fiddler and Kari was just being Kari. Nichuskin also looked damn good and for an 18 year old kid that's awesome and only the sky is the limit for him.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyway I was at the game last night and it was great to have hockey back. The Stars looked up and down but that was going to be expected with the new overhaul. I was disappointed to see some empty seats tho as I think attendance was only a little over 16K. Just shows how bad things really got into the fans' perception of the team during the end of the Hicks ownership era.

All that said this team will get better and will have some growing pains. The blue line is still suspect but that'll be a work in progress. I expect Saturday's game to be much better as Washington is great on offense but a little vulnerable on the defense.

The bright spots last night were the worker bees in Roussel and Fiddler and Kari was just being Kari. Nichuskin also looked damn good and for an 18 year old kid that's awesome and only the sky is the limit for him.
I feel so bad for Kari. The sloppy defense and awful PP were way too much like last season. I know Ruff can fix all of that and it will take time. I like the promise of some of the fast young guys though.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nichushkin is an absolute beast. He could easily wind up as the best player from that draft class. I've seen him play twice in person now and he drives to the net with determination, the type of player the Stars haven't had in some time. Plus he's got incredible hands and even better acceleration. As soon as he adjusts to the North American game and gets more comfortable with our language and customs, he's gonna be dominating on the top line. He and Seguin represent elite young talent that the Stars haven't had since Modano was drafted by Minnesota- better than Morrow, better than Benn, better than Neal.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really great win last night. Freakin love Chiasson. He's just a flat out scorer and assassin.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really great win last night. Freakin love Chiasson. He's just a flat out scorer and assassin.
Kari did a hell of a job in the 3rd too. They were throwing everything at him to try and get that game tied.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars have been bad for a long long time

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars have been bad for a long long time

Haven't made the playoffs in 5 season but they haven't been good enough nor have they been bad enough. But the future is looking super bright as there is a wealth of young and super talented kids on the team and within the organization.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump for using this thread instead of the offseason one.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always make fun of garbutt for his play in previous seasons, but this season he has looked very good i must say... A little fire in his belly. He has been hustling his ass off to make plays

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getzlaf, perry, AND selanne on the power play line. Jesus.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my god did anyone just see what goligoski just did... top 5 dumbest thing ive ever seen in the sport

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i he was expecting someone to be there, but he forget that the person who usually occupies that position is himself. my freaking god hes awful

BUT FUCKIN DILLON/NICHUSKIN

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Val got his first goal. Congrats.

Edit. First point sorry.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his first point. i think they gave it to dillon

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Campbell looks better than Ellis so far?