• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Stars Hockey

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to the game tonight and gonna have to endure the massive packs of idiot bandwagon Red Wings fans. Wish me luck.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. They are very beatable this year, but they are also very good on the road. Its a matchup of two very mediocre defenses lol should be fun

elziegreat42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This sucks. We have played well enough to be winning. PHX is up 3-1 too.

Yeah, very frustrating when the stars are outworking, out shooting, and out skating the opponent for the last two games and nothing notable to show for it!! It seems that every scoring chance the habs and wings have had have turned into goals the last two games

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is the Flyers came back froma 3-1 deficit to win 5-3. They've lost 2 in a row. Too bad we haven't gained any ground. Seems like Kari is about to go through one of his rough stretches. He's the only thing that keeps the D mediocre. When he's bad it emphasizes how bad the D is.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just at the game and I don't think we out worked them at all. The shot totals are misleading. I think they just took better advantage of their chances. We didn't have that many QUALITY shots. You don't lose 5-1 at home when you play better. I though we were extremely sloppy and sluggish. We whiffed on passes a ton and we turned the puck over a ridiculous amount. They ran us out of our own arena. We played well in te first but thy completely destroyed us the final two periods. In the 3rd, roussel and garbutt were the only two that looked like they were still playing. Everyone else was awful. Connauton and chiasson honestly don't even deserve to be inthe NHL right now. Absolutely pissed we played 2 horrible games against 2 beatable opponents. I mean fuck, Detroit was even missing their superstar player but ya could've fooled me.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just at the game and I don't think we out worked them at all. The shot totals are misleading. I think they just took better advantage of their chances. We didn't have that many QUALITY shots. You don't lose 5-1 at home when you play better. I though we were extremely sloppy and sluggish. We whiffed on passes a ton and we turned the puck over a ridiculous amount. They ran us out of our own arena. We played well in te first but thy completely destroyed us the final two periods. In the 3rd, roussel and garbutt were the only two that looked like they were still playing. Everyone else was awful. Connauton and chiasson honestly don't even deserve to be inthe NHL right now. Absolutely pissed we played 2 horrible games against 2 beatable opponents. I mean fuck, Detroit was even missing their superstar player but ya could've fooled me.

We had at the time of my post. It was during the game.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're fucking garbage now. Take a 2-0 lead on the road into the first break and then got outscored 7-1 in the last 2 periods.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're fucking garbage now. Take a 2-0 lead on the road into the first break and then got outscored 7-1 in the last 2 periods.

They were playing over their heads...Just gotta stay patient...Unlike the mavs they have a future.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worried about them. The past two seasons (season and a half I guess) this is what they've done. Had a 3-5 game stretch where you think that they have major issues and then 4-6 games where you think they've figured it out. That's just how hockey is.

elziegreat42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Stars looked like they were trying to get through a thorn thicket with a butter knife against the NJ blue line tonight. Geez!

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent blue line though.... that's just hockey though. If it gets past 6 games, ill be worried. til then, I think theyll figure it out

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really tough loss on the road tonight, being just 2 minutes away from earning a point. The 2 veteran defensemen let them down on that last goal. I can't wait until the youngsters in the minors are ready and we don't have to watch Daley, Rome, and Gonchar anymore.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really tough loss on the road tonight, being just 2 minutes away from earning a point. The 2 veteran defensemen let them down on that last goal. I can't wait until the youngsters in the minors are ready and we don't have to watch Daley, Rome, and Gonchar anymore.

They've been worse since Daley came back. I didn't think it could get any worse. Things were looking up for awhile, but now we're 6 points back. Pretty close to the time where I say trade Whitney and possibly Cole, and look to move up in the draft.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After hearing about Hollands knee, let me just say, Fuck Hockey

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they played pretty well today. Just really tough luck. We were pounding their zone almost the entire 3rd, and then they get a lucky deflection and we all saw what happened.

Holy hell Garbutt showed some greatness today. Eakin too. Roussel was better as well.

But ya I agree. I've always been pleading that regardless of where we are at, we should make trades. You can not win in the playoffs with shitty special teams, and we're shitty across the board in that department. Whitney, Cole, and Peverly should be bait. Fiddler should be as well considering he asked to be traded earlier this year. The only one out of those 4 names that even provide anything imo is Cole. Peverly is great at faceoffs, but that's about it. Whitney has been completely overrated since he was an all star 3 seasons ago. I've always thought that even if we make the playoffs we won't succeed there, so trade some of the guys that other teams may find valuable. Get some picks and prospects.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After hearing about Hollands knee, let me just say, Fuck Hockey

Its a fantastic sport. Don't blame him being a dumbass on hockey. That's like blaming a school shooting on the gun, or blaming why someone's fat on the fork.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with both of you that they should definitely be building for next season. I want them to qualify for the playoffs just as badly as anyone. But let's face it. Even if they were to get hot at the right time, they don't have the defense or the depth to get past Chicago, St. Louis, or Pittsburgh in a series. They've waited this many years to get back to the playoffs. What's one more at this point?

Trade away Daley, Gonchar, Cole, Whitney, and even Goligoski for anything anyone is willing to give them (even if it's just salary cap space and a mid-round pick). If a team was willing to part with a mid to upper 1st round pick or a top prospect for Lehtonen, I'd seriously consider that offer too (Kari's annual salary jumps up next season and Campbell is the future in net). Build around Benn, Seguin, Nichushkin, Chiasson, Eakin, Roussel, and Dillon. Bring up Oleksiak, Gaunce, Nemeth, Ritchie, and Sceviour and let the kids get more seasoning at the top level.

Great things are only a season or two away from happening!

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with both of you that they should definitely be building for next season. I want them to qualify for the playoffs just as badly as anyone. But let's face it. Even if they were to get hot at the right time, they don't have the defense or the depth to get past Chicago, St. Louis, or Pittsburgh in a series. They've waited this many years to get back to the playoffs. What's one more at this point?

Trade away Daley, Gonchar, Cole, Whitney, and even Goligoski for anything anyone is willing to give them (even if it's just salary cap space and a mid-round pick). If a team was willing to part with a mid to upper 1st round pick or a top prospect for Lehtonen, I'd seriously consider that offer too (Kari's annual salary jumps up next season and Campbell is the future in net). Build around Benn, Seguin, Nichushkin, Chiasson, Eakin, Roussel, and Dillon. Bring up Oleksiak, Gaunce, Nemeth, Ritchie, and Sceviour and let the kids get more seasoning at the top level.

Great things are only a season or two away from happening!

I like Daley. I think he's one of our top 2 defensemen. He's been with us for longer than anyone. He plays pretty well with Goose too, but ya I think we should trade gonchar or some veteran to clear a spot for a younger guy. At the end of the day, the young guys are gonna progress best in an nhl situation where there is no pressure of a veteran coming back and taking their spot. I can't wait for this years draft. If we play our cards right at the deadline then we should have tons of great chances

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a fantastic sport. Don't blame him being a dumbass on hockey. That's like blaming a school shooting on the gun, or blaming why someone's fat on the fork.

It was a joke. Holland is a dumbass. He should forfeit his paycheck until he comes back from the injury. He had a responsibility to his team