• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Stars Hockey

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jusst got back from the game. wow... im just letting all of you know now, if you've never been to a hockey game in the northeast, put it on your bucket list. ive never been to any game, college or pro, that had that same environment and atmosphere. it was louder in their then a playoff stars game. sooo much fun.

I know it was a while ago but did you get to experience a Stars game in the 90's and early early 2000's? The core Stars fan are probably the best and most loyal of all the sports teams in the metroplex. IMO those days sort of rivaled a northeast environment. Been to a NYR, Flyers, and Devils game. But you're right that environment is great. In the spring time I'm tentatively scheduled to go to a Leafs game in Toronto and Canadiens game in Montreal. Should be a dandy.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Reunion Arena in the 80's when the Mavs first started getting good for the first time was also great. Nothing like it is today.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AAC ruined our home field atmosphere. Reunion was freakin rockin in the late 90's, and now its more about comfort and kid friendly stuff. I'm okay with that, but jeez, its just not hockey. You guys seriously gotta try it. Whenever you are in DC or new york, or chicago, or detroit, make it a point to get to a hockey game and I assure you you won't be disappointed. Like, I was a huge caps fan tonight. I didn't even realize it, but I transformed at that game because the atmosphere was so incredible and electric. They know how hockey works. Unfortunately, we don't anymore.

Anyway, lets pull off this win in LA! LA is a freakin great team and beating them on their ice would be a fantastic win. The western conference is so stacked right now its not even funny. Vancouver, San Jose, Detroit, Colorado, LA, Anaheim. Good lord every team we play is scary. Nice to see our first line doin work today. Goals from Seguin, Benn, and Val

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EAKIN!!!

BTW, do any of you guys have nhl center ice? Just so you can watch all the hockey games I mean. Its only 200 bucks apparently, and you can watch home or away broadcasts of every nhl game. Definitely doing it next year. I love watching players skate, and it would give me something to watch whenever we arent playing. I go to 90 percent of our games, but I like watching other teams play and seeing their formations, how they skate, how they check/fight, etc

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sat 2nd row today. My god, Roussel became my favorite player today. I heard everything he said to hornqvuist. Called him a little bitch like 3 times. Said twice during a faceoff "just drop them (his gloves) you pussy" in his french accent. Freakin amazing. We got 4 in a row at home. This game against st louis is HUGE. We need a point here. Even if we dont win, take it to OT because theyre really good

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game. They did what they were supposed to do. I'm curious to see if Nashville pulls the plug on Barry Trotz. He's been there since the beginning and I don't believe he's the reason they've struggled mightily this season. Need to get a point against the Blue but like you said they are a great team.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will likely make the playoffs this year. Our schedule is much easier than colorado's and we play most of our games at home. As tough as our division is, that's crazy to think about. Minnesota is spiraling downwards at the moment, just lost their best player and has also played 3 more games than us. In other words, we have 3 more games than them yet to play in which we can either tie or win. We're only one point out of it. I'm not saying we'll go far in the playoffs, but this was certainly unexpected for this year. I think we're about even with colorado, but they have struggled recently as well. It will be us and them fighting for that 3rd playoff spot. Every division game for now on is huge. We gotta win and we gotta root for colorado to lose because that's just as important

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will likely make the playoffs this year. Our schedule is much easier than colorado's and we play most of our games at home. As tough as our division is, that's crazy to think about. Minnesota is spiraling downwards at the moment, just lost their best player and has also played 3 more games than us. In other words, we have 3 more games than them yet to play in which we can either tie or win. We're only one point out of it. I'm not saying we'll go far in the playoffs, but this was certainly unexpected for this year. I think we're about even with colorado, but they have struggled recently as well. It will be us and them fighting for that 3rd playoff spot. Every division game for now on is huge. We gotta win and we gotta root for colorado to lose because that's just as important

We are chasing Phoenix now more than MIN. Both are struggling though.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'll be there tonight. We just gotta pull off a point here. I'd love a win, but lets scratch a point from them. Their defense is like the best in the NHL. Pietrangelo is a top 3 defensemen imo. lets do this boys!

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'll be there tonight. We just gotta pull off a point here. I'd love a win, but lets scratch a point from them. Their defense is like the best in the NHL. Pietrangelo is a top 3 defensemen imo. lets do this boys!

I hope there's not TOOO many empty seats. With the Cowboys playing tonight I imagine some will not go to tonight's game. Another reason I hope they show up is to give Brendan Morrow a standing ovation during his video tribute.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was basically sold out! I don't know if you could hear our vuvuzelas on tv but the entire first half of the game we blew them. Then, with 8 minutes left in the 2nd, an AAC supervisor CAME UP TO US AND TOLD US THAT IT WAS BUILDING POLICY NOT TO BRING NOISEMAKERS TO A FUCKING GOD DAMN HOCKEY GAME. I AM NOT FUCKING WITH YOU. I argued with him that they fucking hand them out at mavs games every time so how is it building policy? He just kept saying that he could either kick us out or we could put them up. As he was walking away I yelled at him that we're the only arena in all of hockey that doesnt allow noisemakers. You go to any other arena and you hear horns and drums. At the freakin caps game I went to THEY PASSED OUT COWBELLS. What a joke. The guy told me to send an email to change the policy because he agreed with me. Fucking kidding me.

Now about the game, as I said before they have the best defense in the NHL. You need 6 guys on defense ( 2 guys on 3 lines) so let me read off who they have real quick...

bouwmeester
PIETRANGELO
Barret Jackman
Ian Cole
Kevin Shattenkirk
Carlo Colaicavo.

Almost all of those guys are all stars. They freakin showed it. I have NEVER seen so many blocked shots in my entire life. It was almost crazy. That first period you could tell how much more big and physical their defense was. I haven't seen numbers, but I'm willing to bet they had double the amount of big hits on us. Crazy good defense. Like, you can put their entire defense on an all star team and it would be okay. Then they have Oshie at forward who is a stud. They are a good team.

I'm happy with the point, but holy shit kevin connauton cost us 2 goals. That stupid fucking turnover led to one of their goals. He turned it over to their best player 10 feet from the net. How do you do that? What a joke. Then he made a stupid retarded penalty in overtime. It was senseless. He hooked a guy that was about to get hip checked. It was so unnecessary. He cost us 2 out of 3 of their goals. We played great today. That game was on him

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was basically sold out! I don't know if you could hear our vuvuzelas on tv but the entire first half of the game we blew them. Then, with 8 minutes left in the 2nd, an AAC supervisor CAME UP TO US AND TOLD US THAT IT WAS BUILDING POLICY NOT TO BRING NOISEMAKERS TO A FUCKING GOD DAMN HOCKEY GAME. I AM NOT FUCKING WITH YOU. I argued with him that they fucking hand them out at mavs games every time so how is it building policy? He just kept saying that he could either kick us out or we could put them up. As he was walking away I yelled at him that we're the only arena in all of hockey that doesnt allow noisemakers. You go to any other arena and you hear horns and drums. At the freakin caps game I went to THEY PASSED OUT COWBELLS. What a joke. The guy told me to send an email to change the policy because he agreed with me. Fucking kidding me.

Now about the game, as I said before they have the best defense in the NHL. You need 6 guys on defense ( 2 guys on 3 lines) so let me read off who they have real quick...

bouwmeester
PIETRANGELO
Barret Jackman
Ian Cole
Kevin Shattenkirk
Carlo Colaicavo.

Almost all of those guys are all stars. They freakin showed it. I have NEVER seen so many blocked shots in my entire life. It was almost crazy. That first period you could tell how much more big and physical their defense was. I haven't seen numbers, but I'm willing to bet they had double the amount of big hits on us. Crazy good defense. Like, you can put their entire defense on an all star team and it would be okay. Then they have Oshie at forward who is a stud. They are a good team.

I'm happy with the point, but holy shit kevin connauton cost us 2 goals. That stupid fucking turnover led to one of their goals. He turned it over to their best player 10 feet from the net. How do you do that? What a joke. Then he made a stupid retarded penalty in overtime. It was senseless. He hooked a guy that was about to get hip checked. It was so unnecessary. He cost us 2 out of 3 of their goals. We played great today. That game was on him

Sounds like a Walt Disney atmosphere at a hockey game. Wtf is that shit? That guy who told you to pipe down needs a kick in the nuts. DFW crowds are the quietest in pro sports. You could hear a pin drop during a mavs game and none of the spoiled corporate guys at cowboys stadium make any noise. It's a joke

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a Walt Disney atmosphere at a hockey game. Wtf is that shit? That guy who told you to pipe down needs a kick in the nuts. DFW crowds are the quietest in pro sports. You could hear a pin drop during a mavs game and none of the spoiled corporate guys at cowboys stadium make any noise. It's a joke

Reunion arena atmosphere was incredible. Almost like a college football game. Now they want it quiet. What a freakin joke. So what, when the screen says make some noise should we be quiet? SCrew off

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reunion arena atmosphere was incredible. Almost like a college football game. Now they want it quiet. What a freakin joke. So what, when the screen says make some noise should we be quiet? SCrew off

I remember years ago at a rangers game, ushers gave some lady who was wearing a t-shirt that said "Yankees suck" a choice: leave the game or turn your shirt inside out. She left..... Seriously? Who could you offend with the word "suck"? Too politically correct.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unreal. Sorry we're trying to get the crowd involved at a hockey game. We'll use our inside voices next time we go to a sporting event

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unreal. Sorry we're trying to get the crowd involved at a hockey game. We'll use our inside voices next time we go to a sporting event

They want it to be like a library.... So the other team can concentrate and play well...:wtf2:

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a guest at the AAC tonight for the Stars game. I go to every single Stars game, and I've been to hockey games at arenas around the nation. Tonight, I decided to bring a horn to the game to influence the "LETS GO STARS" chant. The crowd absolutely loved it. They were completely into it and it was the best atmosphere that the arena had in many years. Then, in the 2nd period, a "supervisor" came up to me and told me it was "building policy" to not bring noisemakers TO A SPORTING EVENT?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Every other arena I have ever been to ENCOURAGES noise. I went to a Washington Capitals game 2 weeks ago and they handed out cowbells and drums!!!! We can't make noise at a game I spent 200 dollars to go to? And that I have spent thousands of dollars on this season alone? Are you joking me? Not only that, but he said it was building policy. May I ask you what you hand out at Mavs games? Those cheap little annoying balloons that people bang together right? When the guy left people booed him. I was in the front row of my section, so its not like I was blowing into someone's ear. I made sure to blow it only in appropriate situations and so that it wasn't in anyone's ear. I was in shock. Sorry, next time I go to a game I'll be sure to use my inside voice. It completely ruined the night. Not only that, but we scored 2 goals when we were blowing it, and when we stopped we didn't score again the rest of the game. I know that it probably doesn't affect the outcome of the game, but I assure you if you go down our roster and ask every player, they would all think you people are crazy for banning them. It absolutely ruined my night. Why should I spend money every night on a luxury suite if I can't even do what I want in them? I've given you people thousands of dollars this year, and that's what I get? Give me one legitimate reason why we shouldn't make noise at a hockey game. Next time the big screen says "make some noise", I'll be sure to tell everyone to be quiet or you'll get kicked out.

I leave you with this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29coo0KFMj4]Roy's pass to Lehtinen - COL@DAL 1999 PO, WCF, Game 7 - YouTube[/ame]

THATS WHAT A SPORTING EVENT SHOULD SOUND LIKE. THATS WHAT I PAY MONEY TO SEE. You guys completely ruined my night tonight. I spend more money than anyone else, and that was ridiculous. I am shocked. I want this policy changed. It is senseless. I will be at the game on NYE, again spending money. But if I don't get a quality answer I'm boycotting. That's borderline insane that the zambonis can have loud horns, the screen says make some noise 20 times a game, numerous videos are played encouraging banging and screaming, a goal is scored and a deafening horn is played for 10 straight seconds, but I can't bring a cheap horn to the game that half of the crowd can't even hear. Absolutely ridiculous. I spend too much money to be told something absurd like that. People booed that man for a reason. They loved the horns. They wanted me to keep going after he left. Please get back to me on this issue, because I love my stars and it would be a shame to boycott the games because I can't bring a cheap horn to a game that encourages people to be as loud as possible. Thanks.

This is the email I sent the AAC.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several hockey people in the arena that night and many nights that had no dog in the fight during those years said those two WCF series against the Avs were the loudest arena they had ever been to. Both Reunion and Nicholls were loud loud arenas.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you honestly think DFW crowds are the quietest and most embarrassing in pro sports, you need to get around more. A LOT more. Maybe DFW doesn't compete with places like Chicago or Boston, or places like Portland where they only have 1 team to cheer for. But go to a game anywhere in Florida and tell me those fans are louder and more supportive than DFW's. The Rays draw poor crowds as do the Jaguars, and the 4 Miami pro teams have absolutely apathetic fans (the ones who actually show up).

You've also apparently never been to a game in Anaheim or San Diego. Those fans are as laid-back Southern Californian as it gets.

Maybe DFW fans aren't the rowdiest or loudest in pro sports (although Reunion Arena used to be one of the loudest venues in sports). But at least our stands aren't filled with the human garbage that shows up in Oakland and Philadelphia. At least we don't have to worry about getting stabbed or beaten to death like in SF and LA. At least our kids can go to games without getting cussed out and spit on like in New York and Boston.