• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Stars Hockey

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First line was beasting. And Sceviour had a beauty for his first NHL goal.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on #100 Kari! Youngsters looked good. Val is starting to figure it out. There was a moment when the camera caught Val, Seguin, and Benn next to each other on the bench. I wanted a poster of it because that's our future right there.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love sceviour. its crazy in hockey... ive read scouting reports and they dont say much about the kid. but he scored in the ahl, and he's scoring in the nhl. sometimes kids just have a knack for being in the right place at the right time. he seems like he's a very intelligent player and is always in the right slots. reminds me a bit of chiasson from last year. he just scores goals, and that's what we need. how many young impact players do we have? Seriously, we're like the cardinals of hockey. We bring up a kid and basically no matter who it is he's solid.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put in a bid on ebay to buy a stars jersey (the old stanley cup green ones). They are surprisingly cheap. I don't care if its used unless there is noticable wear and tear on it. My favorite stars jerseys of all time are the old white ones with the star logo. I thought those looked so sleek. They looked fantastic on tv. Those are going for like 40 bucks on ebay, so I think I'll snag one. I already got a new seguin sweater on the way. My favorite jersey, in any sport, is the old washington capitals one. The white one with the eagle on it

Washington Capitals 98-99 Jersey Photo by spyboy1 | Photobucket

I'm thinkin on makin a hockey room in my house with a bunch of those jerseys on the walls. That would be pretty sweet

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The core and nucleus of this organization's future is already here. They just need to develop, mature, and figure it all out collectively. All this team needs to develop next is their defense and we already have Dillon up here. There's still Oleksiak, Nemeth, Klingberg, and jokipakka that's in the minors and still developing. This organization is setup to potentially have a great great run for 10-12 years. We have to be patient. We don't need to make any knee jerk trades for short term at this point.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
k whoever is outbidding me here for that jersey needs to control themselves right now

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The core and nucleus of this organization's future is already here. They just need to develop, mature, and figure it all out collectively. All this team needs to develop next is their defense and we already have Dillon up here. There's still Oleksiak, Nemeth, Klingberg, and jokipakka that's in the minors and still developing. This organization is setup to potentially have a great great run for 10-12 years. We have to be patient. We don't need to make any knee jerk trades for short term at this point.

I agree. If we make a trade, I don't want anyone above 28 years old. The seguin trade was completely out of the blue and there wont be anyone else like that available, but I would love someone on defense who can help us out. We are atrocious there. Kari has been carrying us. At the deadline (if we're still in it) I wouidn't be opposed to getting a mid 20's aged defensemen. Either that or evander kane. I don't really care for any other forward. Shea Weber seems perfect to me. Michael del zotto would be nice as well, but expensive. He's very scrappy and is great in the clubhouse

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. If we make a trade, I don't want anyone above 28 years old. The seguin trade was completely out of the blue and there wont be anyone else like that available, but I would love someone on defense who can help us out. We are atrocious there. Kari has been carrying us. At the deadline (if we're still in it) I wouidn't be opposed to getting a mid 20's aged defensemen. Either that or evander kane. I don't really care for any other forward. Shea Weber seems perfect to me. Michael del zotto would be nice as well, but expensive. He's very scrappy and is great in the clubhouse

I don't see Weber being dealt. He's great but he has an insane contract. Del Zotto is good but as you said would be expensive. True number 1 defenseman are not on the market unless you're willing to give your left nut for them and even then that may not be a deal maker. I do think we need guys over 28 and in their 30's. Tho they both had slow starts and haven't lighten it up this season I think Cole, Whitney, and Horcoff, Gonchar, and Robi have been great for this thing. We don't only want to go kids because that may not work. Just look at the Oilers. I just think this organization is trending so much up right now that the rest of the league is noticing us. It's great to be a Stars fan right now especially if you've closely followed them since they moved here in 93.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
won that mike modano jersey. Got this...

Rakuten.com - MIKE MODANO Dallas Stars 1999 CCM Throwback Away NHL Hockey Jersey

for 50 bucks. What a freakin steal. Mind you, its only a replica, but they are still going for 100 plus right now.

Anyway, could we actually pull this off IN sanjose? Holy crap. I don't even know what to think of this team anymore lol. You think they are down, then they beat colorado, vancouver, and possibly san jose all in a row. Those are 3 incredibly tough opponents. I love hockey

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
won that mike modano jersey. Got this...

Rakuten.com - MIKE MODANO Dallas Stars 1999 CCM Throwback Away NHL Hockey Jersey

for 50 bucks. What a freakin steal. Mind you, its only a replica, but they are still going for 100 plus right now.

Anyway, could we actually pull this off IN sanjose? Holy crap. I don't even know what to think of this team anymore lol. You think they are down, then they beat colorado, vancouver, and possibly san jose all in a row. Those are 3 incredibly tough opponents. I love hockey

Do they have another one? The link I clicked on said it was an XXL. If it's a small XXL it will do but that's a size or size and a half too big for me. Plus how did you pay $50? It shows $219 when I click on it.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to lose it when you're up 2-0 but SJ is a great team and they still managed to get a point out of it. Just stay within striking distance and keep on accumulating points and they may be able to sneak in to the final playoff spot.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought mine off ebay lol. I was just showing you the type of jersey I bought. To get my price you gotta either do ebay or craigslist because hockey jerseys are ridiculously expensive. There are some cheap ones on ebay though, you just gotta be careful and not buy the ones with the logos/numbers pressed on. You gotta get the stitched logos. In other words, you should be able to feel the difference in the texture of the logo and the jersey itself. If the logo feels like it was printed onto the jersey and there is no difference in the textures, its bad quality

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to lose it when you're up 2-0 but SJ is a great team and they still managed to get a point out of it. Just stay within striking distance and keep on accumulating points and they may be able to sneak in to the final playoff spot.

exactly. ill take a point in san jose anyday. Tough to lose when we were ahead, but I'm happy with the point at their place

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought mine off ebay lol. I was just showing you the type of jersey I bought. To get my price you gotta either do ebay or craigslist because hockey jerseys are ridiculously expensive. There are some cheap ones on ebay though, you just gotta be careful and not buy the ones with the logos/numbers pressed on. You gotta get the stitched logos. In other words, you should be able to feel the difference in the texture of the logo and the jersey itself. If the logo feels like it was printed onto the jersey and there is no difference in the textures, its bad quality

Oh ya that I know. Even the CCM for $219 isn't all that bad a price. I saw one on Ebay a few months ago which was authentic KOHO brand for 400ish.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of jerseys, always buy them blank and have the numbers custom sewn on. Most jerseys these days which come with the player names and numbers already on them just have the cheap heat-pressed knockoff lettering. Blake's in Garland has all of the official Stars fonts and will stitch on the numbers and letters at a decent price. I found out about that place a few years back when I saw several fans with the black home jerseys at a watching party who all had authentic-looking stitched names and numbers and they told me where they got theirs done.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of jerseys, always buy them blank and have the numbers custom sewn on. Most jerseys these days which come with the player names and numbers already on them just have the cheap heat-pressed knockoff lettering. Blake's in Garland has all of the official Stars fonts and will stitch on the numbers and letters at a decent price. I found out about that place a few years back when I saw several fans with the black home jerseys at a watching party who all had authentic-looking stitched names and numbers and they told me where they got theirs done.

Wow that is awesome. Thanks for the tip.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
goin to a caps game tonight. should be interesting

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jusst got back from the game. wow... im just letting all of you know now, if you've never been to a hockey game in the northeast, put it on your bucket list. ive never been to any game, college or pro, that had that same environment and atmosphere. it was louder in their then a playoff stars game. sooo much fun.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jusst got back from the game. wow... im just letting all of you know now, if you've never been to a hockey game in the northeast, put it on your bucket list. ive never been to any game, college or pro, that had that same environment and atmosphere. it was louder in their then a playoff stars game. sooo much fun.

DFW crowds are an embarrassment to professional sports. Glad you had fun Terps!