• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Stars Hockey

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell ya. I dont know why we play so well on the road but whatever

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
999213_10200888744975943_261006341_n.jpg

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitney blows. Trade him please.

Unfortunately this was the season where that age wall hit. I think a contender would take a chance on him as a midseason acquisition for a playoff run since he's free after the season.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately this was the season where that age wall hit. I think a contender would take a chance on him as a midseason acquisition for a playoff run since he's free after the season.

Exactly. I would take anything for him. Tough loss there. It seems the more shots we have,
the less we score. It's very strange. We need more from Benn and Seguin.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I would take anything for him. Tough loss there. It seems the more shots we have,

Benn and Seguin have been playing great but it hasn't resulted into points sadly the last few weeks. Benn had a ton of shots and chances today but luck wasn't on his side and Bernier played awesome. He stole the game for Toronto tonight like Kari did against Chicago on Tuesday night. The Fiddler/Roussell/Garbutt line has been fantastic and Shawn Horcoff has looked so much better the last few weeks. Maybe Whits will get better since he was injured this season for a bit and hasn't been the same so far yet but it does seem the wall has hit a bit for him. But then again he's had his chances...maybe he just needs to convert on a few for the floodgates to open.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its funny because over the years I have noticed a very strange trend. A lot of times, not all the times but many times, a team will have triple the shots of the other team and still lose by two goals. The reason this happens is that when one goalie is on his game and is blocking shot after shot, eventually a rebound is gonna bounce the right way for the defense and they are gonna find themselves with an advantage or a break way or even an open slot to shoot from. The counterattacks are to the huge disadvantage to the goalie not doing anything. So I've stopped looking at shot totals really. Usually when I watch a game I base it on the quality of the shots

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nichushkin with another great game. He looks better and better with each game, and he's now up to 5th in rookie scoring. At this rate, he will be top-2 very soon.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sick and tired of the blackhawks. Fuck those guys. Why cant some indian come and ruin their name too, this is bullshit

The Commish

Texas Rangers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the Blackhawks AND the Bears.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sick and tired of the blackhawks. Fuck those guys. Why cant some indian come and ruin their name too, this is bullshit

Patience. Dallas is still rebuilding and are still a work in progress. Other than the times they play Dallas they are truly a delight to watch. They are awesome.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patience. Dallas is still rebuilding and are still a work in progress. Other than the times they play Dallas they are truly a delight to watch. They are awesome.

That may be, but their "fans" are as obnoxious and as bandwagon as it gets. "Lifelong" Blackhawks fans now come out of the woodwork to take up half of the AAC and talk smack every time Chicago is in town. Yet you could literally count the Blackhawks fans in the AAC on one hand during the days of Zhamnov and Daze, when the Hawks were a laughingstock. Their supposed loyal following was nowhere to be seen then. They draft Kane and Toews and cheat the rules** to sign Hossa and now all of a sudden their fan base of "diehards" is somehow 100 times what it used to be.

** Hawks better enjoy Hossa while they can, because the new cap recapture penalty put into the latest CBA, which was designed to punish fraudulent front-loaded and extremely long-term contracts like Hossa's, is going to be taking away more and more of their cap space with each passing year as a penalty.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya blackhawks fans are so damn obnoxious. I tried to be gracious to them at the game but every chance they got the group in front of me would just flip off everything the jumbotron showed or every call we got with kids around and everything. So classless

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's safe to say with that this team won't be making the playoffs. The higher the pick the better. I'm usually not for team tank, but I am in this case. Add another top youngster to this group.

On another note, does anyone worry about Seguin starting to hate it here at some point, and requesting a trade? I do. He's used to winning.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's safe to say with that this team won't be making the playoffs. The higher the pick the better. I'm usually not for team tank, but I am in this case. Add another top youngster to this group.

On another note, does anyone worry about Seguin starting to hate it here at some point, and requesting a trade? I do. He's used to winning.

Not yet. He's become really close friends with Benn and supposedly really likes it here. But if the losing were to drag on for multiple seasons he might want to leave.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They likely weren't a playoff team anyways. This team is having an ok season in a badass conference. They have a lot of room to mature and progress. I am not an advocate of tanking because the core and nucleus of this organization going forward is already here. If you tank, that will rub off on everyone negatively and you are totally F'd if you get a losing culture into these players. This team is fine. Seguin is fine...he loves it here. 21 year old multi millionaire hockey player living in Dallas, TX. He along with Benn and all those young bucks are probably living it up the same way Modano did during the 90's. He knows the situation he's in and he's stated many times that he loves it here because he feels love and he feels wanted. They're still rebuilding and going through growing pains. Patience is the key.

Last edited by a moderator:

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The boys have come down to earth a little bit. The potential is there though. Just not this season

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The boys have come down to earth a little bit. The potential is there though. Just not this season

They're actually having an ok season tho. It's only been 30 games with 52 left to play. If they stay consistent the rest of the season in how many points they're projected to get then I would certainly consider it a more than successful season.