• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Stars Hockey

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I don't think there are any situations at all where you would. You gotta keep the youth on the team right now. Trade picks, minor leaguers, and gonchar or goli.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Names to watch for are Del Zotto from NYR, kane from winnapeg, gaborik from columbus (fastest player in hockey) and if we get REALLY lucky shea weber from the predators.

But I've already heard we are looking to trade garbutt and fiddler.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars get hammered today if not for Kari. Love the win but they were pretty much outplayed the whole game. But hey I'll take the win and 2 points. Due to the salary cap situations I can't see there being much done in terms of deals unless the salaries are matched. Gonchar won't be going anywhere right now because of Val. Goose is playing a lot better now and I don't see anyone taking on his contract with 2 seasons left after this one. I think they'll continue to play the same guys and let the team take their lumps.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you know? Nichushkin gets promoted to the top line and all of a sudden starts showing signs of the stud player the Stars thought they were getting at #10 overall. Amazing what happens when you don't force a 19 yr old kid who is learning a new culture and the North American game into a checking line role with guys who don't have half of his offensive skill. I just knew that if Ruff put him alongside Benn and Seguin that he would come out of his shell and show off his elite skill. He's still a work-in-progress (gotta cut down on the turnovers), but that will all come with time.

Too bad the Stars are going to have to battle like crazy to get one of the last playoff spots in the West due to how insanely stacked the West is. They would easily get in in the East.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just gotta control what they can control, and that's winning games right now. Val is superb. His numbers aren't gonna stand out at the end of this year, but make no mistake that dude is a playmaker. He controls the puck so well, which is a stat that unfortunately goes unrecognized. Sorta like fielding range in baseball. When he gets the puck he does a great job at putting his body between the defender and the puck. He loves to get into point blank range as well and chip away. Love the kid.

And how about Seguin? Didn't really think he would be better than benn, but I think his performance has blown benn's away. Not saying jamie has played bad, just seguin has been great. Chiasson has slowed down a bit, but I'm confident he'll get at it again. Goli still sucks, but even he is playing a LITTLE better. I mean we got the players and we are winning during the toughest part of our schedule. It looks bright in dallas

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to the game tonight against the Rangers. Should be a good one. I can't remember the last time they were in town. Maybe the game Dallas just crushed them like 10-2 like 4 or 5 years ago?

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going tothe blackhawks game next friday. Its completely sold out already...

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going tothe blackhawks game next friday. Its completely sold out already...

Is that the one on the 10th? If so I am going to that one as well. Tho I can probably sell them and get a good payback from the mini plan I have but I think I'll end up going instead.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should go, itll be a great game. I havent seen the aac sold out in a while. Hockey is relevant in dallas again

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should go, itll be a great game. I havent seen the aac sold out in a while. Hockey is relevant in dallas again

Oh ya I'll be going. Haven't seen Chicago yet. I had tickets to the last game against them but I had a last minute commitment and had to sell them. I'm hoping for a different outcome the 2nd time around tho.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hossa and kane are incredible, but if we can beat chicago I'm convinced we can beat anyone

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hossa and kane are incredible, but if we can beat chicago I'm convinced we can beat anyone

I love watching the Hawks. They are just fantastic to watch. I think we can beat them but our blue line has to be just good enough and Kari has to be impeccable all at once.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really baffles me how we beat several good teams on the road and play an average-above average team at home and lose, despite outshooting them in the first period like 23-5 or something...

but its just one hiccup in what has been a very successful run. Not really worried about it

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really baffles me how we beat several good teams on the road and play an average-above average team at home and lose, despite outshooting them in the first period like 23-5 or something...

but its just one hiccup in what has been a very successful run. Not really worried about it

We played great the first 25-30 minutes and didn't so much after that. Lundquist was fantastic and is probably the reason NY won last night. The so-so play at home has been epidemic for a long time. In fact the AAC has not been as kind to the Stars as Reunion was and it really hasn't been that true home ice advantage. Reunion, while old and smaller was a very loud arena and provided a tough place to play for the opponents. Hopefully in a couple of years the AAC will start feeling that.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, a 6th round pick was the best we could get for him?

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, a 6th round pick was the best we could get for him?

Probably sounds about right. He has some talent but his upside is unknown. With the way the scouting and development has been the last few years and now adding Nill to the mix that 6th round pick has a chance to be something. There's a surplus of forward here so there just wasn't space for him. I wish him the best in Calgary and he should get plenty of playing time and chances to prove his worth in the NHL level.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kari is a late scratch. I have a feeling this one is over before it starts.

Ellis is a solid backup. If the defense is going to hang him out to dry then I agree the game was over it began.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game tonight. A nice whoopin on Anaheim.