• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - Sixers

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers are just trying to build interest in multiple prospects to see if a team panics and trades up with them to get "their" guy. This is an excellent lottery draft and the Lakers need help pretty much everywhere. Lets not forget that their 1st rounder next year goes to us (unconditionally) ... so they may be fishing to move back while acquiring someone else's first next year. If they don't find a sucker, my money's still on Ball going #2.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Ball and his dad with the Knicks :dhd:

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Ball and his dad with the Knicks :dhd:
I bet Porzingis would like that too. Get rid of Melo and build with those 2.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porzingis reportedly wants out like anyone who is not crazy would.

I wish we had drafted that kid over Okafor. Hinkie reportedly liked him but for some reason went conventional there. Okafor is a horrible fit for the modern game.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So dow e trade our 3rd to the Kings for picks 5 and 10? I sense something will go down for some reason?

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porzingis reportedly wants out like anyone who is not crazy would.

I wish we had drafted that kid over Okafor. Hinkie reportedly liked him but for some reason went conventional there. Okafor is a horrible fit for the modern game.
Porzingis' agent wouldn't let the Sixers meet with him and steered him to the Knicks.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porzingis' agent wouldn't let the Sixers meet with him and steered him to the Knicks.

Yeah, it was a tough spot for Hinkie. Not sure who he could/should have gone over Okafor.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all true, but Hinkie should have called their bluff. At the time I actually recall reading about how Hinkie liked Porzingis, and people speculating he would take him higher than expected, and wasn't really in favor of it. It would have been controversial. But it would have been right!

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It had nothing nothing to do with calling a bluff. I don't think Hinkie had enough information to draft him at #3 because he didn't have access to the kid.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It had nothing nothing to do with calling a bluff. I don't think Hinkie had enough information to draft him at #3 because he didn't have access to the kid.

Hinkie had great instincts to like Porzingis from the little he got to see of him. But he's an information guy so he didn't pull the trigger on his instincts, he pulled the trigger using the information he had.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on board with the Hinkie Plan but it blew up when Noel got unhappy, Jalil sucked and Embid got hurt. Colangelo is not the guy you want building a team. I fear this doesn't end well mostly because I think Embid will never be the force we had hoped. Hopefully I am wrong but even if Embid plays for extended periods Colangelo is still wrong for this team.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chad Ford says #2 is open for business now with Phoenix looking to get Ball. Also saw some rumblings that Jackson could very well go 1st which would leave Fultz slipping to 3 in a wild scenario.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing that worries me the most about Ball is: What if his 1st couple of years he is a pretty good player and we see him going towards stardom, then the next 2 he makes the NBA All-Star games, at this point the Lakers will want him, and I am sure he will always want to be a Laker. We would end up losing him, after we gave him the opportunity to refine and learn the game here.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about Ball. I just doubt he will become a star in the NBA.

The hot rumor is LeBron leaving for the Lakers, and Paul George will join him there. both will be trades - Cleveland and Indiana trading with the Lakers. Also, the Celtics drafting Jackson #1, so we may get Fultz without trading up, as Funk reported.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing that worries me the most about Ball is: What if his 1st couple of years he is a pretty good player and we see him going towards stardom, then the next 2 he makes the NBA All-Star games, at this point the Lakers will want him, and I am sure he will always want to be a Laker. We would end up losing him, after we gave him the opportunity to refine and learn the game here.

I can see your point but he would lose a ton of money if he did that. If we draft Ball we would be the only team allowed to exceed the cap to sign him to a max deal.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can see your point but he would lose a ton of money if he did that. If we draft Ball we would be the only team allowed to exceed the cap to sign him to a max deal.

Paul George, who reportedly wants to go home and play for the Lakers, has played 7 seasons for the Pacers. I'm not sure Lonzo wanting to play for the Lakers is a huge concern. At the point where you've gotten 7-8-9 seasons out of a player, I don't think you can worry about that kind of stuff.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about Ball. I just doubt he will become a star in the NBA.

The hot rumor is LeBron leaving for the Lakers, and Paul George will join him there. both will be trades - Cleveland and Indiana trading with the Lakers. Also, the Celtics drafting Jackson #1, so we may get Fultz without trading up, as Funk reported.
This is why I dislike the NBA versus other major sports. Each year everyone knows who will be in the finals before the season even gets underway. As a fan, I wish the league would make some changes so it's a level playing field. This BS that superstars can change teams on a dime makes it unwatchable. Just my opinion here, but how fun is that seeing the same 2 teams for half a decade being dominant and knowing your team has no shot? I just do not understand how these GMs can squeeze an all star roster under the cap? Help me out here?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul George, who reportedly wants to go home and play for the Lakers, has played 7 seasons for the Pacers. I'm not sure Lonzo wanting to play for the Lakers is a huge concern. At the point where you've gotten 7-8-9 seasons out of a player, I don't think you can worry about that kind of stuff.

For the NBA I think it is a big deal. All of their contracts are fully guaranteed if I am not mistaken. A player like George can stand to lose $25+ mil by leaving teams. That is a large chunk of change to give up. Sure he may want to play for his home team but I am sure he will give it serious thought. Guys like Lebron can do it because they have insane endorsement money coming in.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the NBA I think it is a big deal. All of their contracts are fully guaranteed if I am not mistaken. A player like George can stand to lose $25+ mil by leaving teams. That is a large chunk of change to give up. Sure he may want to play for his home team but I am sure he will give it serious thought. Guys like Lebron can do it because they have insane endorsement money coming in.

All I'm saying is that we'd control Lonzo for at least 8 years, so what's it matter if he wants to play for the Lakers (assuming he doesn't make some big stink about being traded, which may be too big of an assumption)?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm saying is that we'd control Lonzo for at least 8 years, so what's it matter if he wants to play for the Lakers (assuming he doesn't make some big stink about being traded, which may be too big of an assumption)?

I don't think it is a big deal. I do see your point though.