• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - Sixers

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, homer. You arent being balanced or critical in any way. You just want your guy to be better with no substance but google him to back you up. You think he's a better prospect coming out than Durant? I sure as hell dont, but hey, I dont know basketball. Every year there is this he's the best since LeBron hogwash, there was Durant, Wiggins was this all world prospect, there was Anthony Davis, Karl Anthony Towns. Simmons isnt a better prospect than any of those guys, and its not close. I watched Simmons all year at LSU, my point remains, he cant shoot, is poor in the half court, and got his buckets in either transition or by just being bigger and stronger than his guy. Thats not gonna work in the NBA. His passing will 100% translate, no doubt. The rest is a work in progress.

Fultz is the dream PG prospect, size, shot, passing, defense, half court ability, athleticism. He's a better overall prospect than Simmons because he has less question marks. He also plays the PG position better. So enjoy your Sixers colored glasses, I hope Simmons is all you think he is, but I dont think he will be.

I'm not being a homer... go Google it. Simmons is the highest rated prospect since Lebron and would EASILY be the #1 pick this year. I guess you haven't seen me post. I am critical of our teams and try to stay balanced. I'd give you the links if I had a computer now but it ain't even close between Fultz and Simmons.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you trying to claim he's not a better shooter now than he was in November? And what would you be basing that on? I have a whole month of his most recent games.

And no I'm not just using his best month. That accusation is pure chicken shit. I'm using his most recent month. Are you assuming he has not been developing and getting stronger at all since high school? It's very likely he has.

If you were paying attention you would notice a progression instead of whatever the hell you're seeing.

Your "whole month of his most recent games" is all of 16 attempts. It's too small of a sample size and you're only using it because it fits your narrative.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ending up with Isaac and Markkanen is pretty much a nightmare scenario for this team. Although, if Markkanen is left at #10, there are probably a number of teams that would be willing to trade for him. Not sure how much they'd get in return -- but he's a valuable commodity.
I think Markkanen would be a great fit on this team. Him and Embiid could create great spacing. And I think Isaac is a pretty good prospect with a high floor.

Unless you mean that it doesn't address the guard position, which I would agree with. They'd have to sign someone like Jrue Holliday or bring over Korkmaz.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a stat about Josh Jackson as a shooter. Once he saw the light from 3 point land in game 19 he finished the year from that point (16 game span) shooting 25-52 from long range ... an incredible 48% clip!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your "whole month of his most recent games" is all of 16 attempts. It's too small of a sample size and you're only using it because it fits your narrative.
He's lightning fast. He rarely had to shoot it from deep at that level.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's lightning fast. He rarely had to shoot it from deep at that level.
So, you're admitting that he doesn't know how to shoot and think that 16 attempts is a good indication for how he will shoot from longer range in the future? Unless you can point to some mechanical changes, then I assume you are looking at a positive result set from a small sample of shots and are only using that to prove that he improved as a shooter during a year in which he was truly abysmal.

Again, I think he will be a better shooter at the pro level than he was at the college level, but to say that he will be fine based off of 16 attempts is absurd.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's a very real possibility that Lonzo Ball falls past the Lakers. I know everyone has him going 2 as a foregone conclusion, but it's mostly due to his dad trying to state it as a fact and everyone going with the flow. I think there's a chance the Lakers going Fox, Jackson or Tatum there instead ... hell, they can even make that trade with Sacramento where they move back to 5 and 10 (to make up for us having their 1st next season). Either way, would you guys be happy with Lonzo Ball as a Sixer?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's a very real possibility that Lonzo Ball falls past the Lakers. I know everyone has him going 2 as a foregone conclusion, but it's mostly due to his dad trying to state it as a fact and everyone going with the flow. I think there's a chance the Lakers going Fox, Jackson or Tatum there instead ... hell, they can even make that trade with Sacramento where they move back to 5 and 10 (to make up for us having their 1st next season). Either way, would you guys be happy with Lonzo Ball as a Sixer?

I've already stated I don't know what best to do with the sixers pick at 3 or 5 and can see Ball a choice at either. I only watched like 3 NCAA games last year. One of them was Oregon vs. UCLA and I only caught the 1st half. Ball didn't look like anything special to me there. It's a horribly small sample size and I think he came on in the second half.

It seems like a solid draft all around, but a lot of nice PG prospects. Regardless of how they choose to use Simmons, I'd like to see them pick up a PG (and when I say PG, I would include Monk in that list knowing he'd be playing with Ben). With that said, I wouldn't be upset if they came away from the draft with Jackson or Isaac.

I've seen it said Ben isn't good in the half court (he played with a shit team, so who knows), he has no confidence in his shot (he looks like a special cat, and Embiid improved his shot when he was on the shelf, I'm not wiling to say he can't shoot the ball), what I'm getting at, I hate hearing what all the best fits are with the current cast of characters. Who looks like they can be special? I can't determine that, I hope the people in power can get it right, I think there's a fair amount of right answers in this draft. I trust we have a group in place to make sure they get their provided we take them.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be very happy and I'm not sure why fans say they want nothing to do with him. If the answer is because of his dad, then that seems pretty weak (especially since his dad will be busy getting his other two sons into college and the NBA). If it's because he has a weird shot or that his midrange game might be weak (because of his form), then I'm not too worried. He has great range and I personally don't think a weak midrange game is that much of a negative in today's NBA (especially not with his skillset).

Ball seems very similar to Jason Kidd, but with a better shot and worse defense. Having a Jason Kidd on offense that can shoot from outside instead of midrange seems like a good idea to me.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Ball would bring a lot of offensive efficiency to the Sixers.

If Simmons/Embiid/Covington create a lot of space with PnR matchups, that means Ball could see a lot of open 3s. If this happens and he can hit them at a 40% rate, it really doesn't matter what his shot 'looks' like. And when defenses respect his game, he has the vision/passing ability to make them pay. My only question is his defense. If Ball guards opposing teams PGs, maybe have Simmons bring the ball up, which allows Ball to put more energy into defending.

Ball has potentially more offensive efficiency.
JJ has potentially more defensive efficiency.

I'm happy with either one.
I would also consider trading back for the SAC Woolworths connection, though I don't think that happens in reality.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would be OK with Ball, but would rather have Fox or Jackson @ #3, or do the trade back to 5 and 10, and hopefully get Monk or Smith @ 5; and then get Isaac or Nitilinka @ ten, although that may be a stretch that either will b there.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Ball would bring a lot of offensive efficiency to the Sixers.

If Simmons/Embiid/Covington create a lot of space with PnR matchups, that means Ball could see a lot of open 3s. If this happens and he can hit them at a 40% rate, it really doesn't matter what his shot 'looks' like. And when defenses respect his game, he has the vision/passing ability to make them pay. My only question is his defense. If Ball guards opposing teams PGs, maybe have Simmons bring the ball up, which allows Ball to put more energy into defending.

Ball has potentially more offensive efficiency.
JJ has potentially more defensive efficiency.

I'm happy with either one.
I would also consider trading back for the SAC Woolworths connection, though I don't think that happens in reality.

How about Fox?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Fox?

Defensive efficiency.

It's tough, because I don't know how high his ceiling is offensively.
All three have 2-way potential and you can throw Isaac into that mix, as well.

I'm pretty sure Ball will be adequate defensively and above average on offense.
Fox/JJ/Isaac will be above average defensively, but it remains to be seen if they will be adequate offensively, especially FT% for Fox/JJ if they can drive.

If I had to guess on which player has the best chances of becoming a star on the 76ers, I might put Ball at the top of the list, because this team needs outside scoring threats. But, picking up 5 and 10 and getting Donovan Mitchell with #10 gives you a lot of choices at #5. Which is why I don't think this will happen. SAC has to see that there is more value in 5 and 10. Which might also hurt the SAC 2019 pick.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be very happy and I'm not sure why fans say they want nothing to do with him. If the answer is because of his dad, then that seems pretty weak (especially since his dad will be busy getting his other two sons into college and the NBA). If it's because he has a weird shot or that his midrange game might be weak (because of his form), then I'm not too worried. He has great range and I personally don't think a weak midrange game is that much of a negative in today's NBA (especially not with his skillset).

Ball seems very similar to Jason Kidd, but with a better shot and worse defense. Having a Jason Kidd on offense that can shoot from outside instead of midrange seems like a good idea to me.

I don't want Ball because he does not fit the biggest need of this team. That is a pure shooter and Lonzo does not fit that bill. He is a point guard that needs the ball in his hands because he creates his own shot. I personally don't like the idea of taking a one and done player. I just think they take longer to develop. The story was that Simmons was a can't miss prospect along the lines of Lebron so that makes it harder to pass up on that.

With that said Ball's 3pt shot does not appear to be bad at all but again......his game is to handle the ball. He led the NCAA in assists per game. So it makes absolutely no sense to draft him knowing we are not going to put the ball in hands. We are going to make him change his game which has bust written all over it. If he drops down to us at #3 the best option for us would be to trade the pick.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he's not considered a pure shooter because of his form, but he was 3rd in the NCAA in 2-point FG% and shot 41.2% from 3-point range while attempting 5.4 3-pointers per game. I'm not exactly sure how a great shooting guard is not the biggest need of the team. He's also more athletic than most reports say he is.

While he does play well with the ball in his hands, he also plays well without it. And even if Simmons is the primary ball-handler, I assume that he won't be bringing it all the way up the floor. It would be similar to having Kyrie and Lebron, which I don't consider a bad thing.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he's not considered a pure shooter because of his form, but he was 3rd in the NCAA in 2-point FG% and shot 41.2% from 3-point range while attempting 5.4 3-pointers per game. I'm not exactly sure how a great shooting guard is not the biggest need of the team. He's also more athletic than most reports say he is.

While he does play well with the ball in his hands, he also plays well without it. And even if Simmons is the primary ball-handler, I assume that he won't be bringing it all the way up the floor. It would be similar to having Kyrie and Lebron, which I don't consider a bad thing.

But what was his shooting percentage on 2-point jumpshots?

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what was his shooting percentage on 2-point jumpshots?
Does it really matter? Do you want someone shooting 20 footers when the player has great passing ability, can finish at the rim, and shoot 41.2% from 3-point range?

Are 2-point jumpshots that important, especially for a guard, in today's NBA?

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it really matter? Do you want someone shooting 20 footers when the player has great passing ability, can finish at the rim, and shoot 41.2% from 3-point range?

To run the pick and roll? I'd say so.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is not going to face mediocre players in the NBA every night like he did while at UCLA. I think his jump shot is going to be a problem for him. I think it is just too slow to be really good in the NBA. The motion is just bad but one thing I noticed when I was looking at vids on him is that his shot tends to always start from the waist area. I did notice that when he gets the ball to the point of release he actually has a pretty quick release. I just think his motion getting there may be a problem. He is very tall for a guard and that is a huge advantage for him. I just not completely sold on him yet. While checking his numbers I noticed he is not a good free throw shooter. Which seemed odd to me considering he has a good three point shot....at least for college standards. The NBA three point shot is 3 feet longer.