• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - Sixers

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For starters, I would not give up Saric unless Saric is all we would be giving up to move up to 1. For the last two "full" months of the season he averaged almost 18 points, around 7.5 rebs and over 3 assists per game. As much as I like Fultz, you don't give up a promising, skilled big man like Saric "and" an extra 1st rounder to move up 2 spots for Fultz; that's crazy! I'd "easily" prefer taking any one of Ball, Jackson or Fox while keeping Saric and a future 1st over just adding Fultz any day. I'm cool with #3 and either one of our 1st's in 2018 ... but if we add Saric I think Boston would be making out like bandits.

I agree, and I don't want to give up Saric. either way, i think we'll sign Ilyasova as a shooter. I hope so. The league has moved to a perimeter game.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The latest from Woj is, it's the Lakers pick in 2018 and a Sixers 2021 1st rd. protected pick. I'm in. Comment fropm a Sixer fan on philly.com

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Embiid's twitter: Sure looks like a done deal to me ... time to go do some extra film work on Fultz :)

DCirlHeWAAE_vXb.jpg

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Embiid's twitter: Sure looks like a done deal to me ... time to go do some extra film work on Fultz :)
Fultz doesn't even work out until 6pm, right? Seems like a small hurdle, but there are still some things to get past.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting a little bit of cold feet with this deal. Giving the Celtics the guy they want (either Jackson or Butler) and picks doesn't sit well with me. I don't think they can trade down past #3, so I'm not sure why the extra 1st round is being included (even if it's protected). The fact that they have the Nets pick next year makes it even worse.

If the Celtics take Jackson and get 2 chances to hit the #1 pick next year and get Luka Doncic would make them tough to beat for a while. The same can be said if they trade for Butler and still keep the Nets pick next year.

I take Jackson (or hopefully Ball) and keep the Lakers pick in hopes that we get some lucky lottery balls next year. I don't think the Lakers will be as bad next year, but it's possible. The only reason I could stomach the trade is that Fultz seems to be a perfect fit for the Sixers. However, I think Ball could be that player and he may even turn out to be the better pro.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you certain that the Celtics have the Nets 2018 1st round pick - again?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The salary difference between the No. 3 and No. 1 picks would free up precious salary cap space and make it easier for Boston to give a near-maximum-salary contract to the free agent of their choosing in July, when they are expected to pursue the likes of small forward Gordon Hayward and forward Blake Griffin."

Via USA Today Article.

Boston is trying to get one of those two since they are looking to win now ... and moving down from 1 to 3 helps them do that. I fully expect this deal to be announced by tomorrow.

Last edited:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The salary difference between the No. 3 and No. 1 picks would free up precious salary cap space and make it easier for Boston to give a near-maximum-salary contract to the free agent of their choosing in July, when they are expected to pursue the likes of small forward Gordon Hayward and forward Blake Griffin."

Via USA Today Article.

Boston is trying to get one of those two since they are looking to win now ... and moving down from 1 to 3 helps them do that. I fully expect this deal to be announced by tomorrow.
I agree. Any word how many and what picks we are giving away for the 1st pick @Rey ? I have heard so many rumors that I don't know which one holds any truth?

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Via USA Today Article.

They've been linked to Hayward for a while. Either way, we're still helping them out. Jackson is a better fit for them and then get a better chance at getting Doncic next year.

Not sure if they're going full out to challenge the Cavs, but adding Butler and Hayward would be pretty strong.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched some of Fultz' workout for the Sixers and he did not shoot well at all ... I doubt that will make any difference as I'm sure they were just making sure he's healthy and ready to go, but he was throwing up some bricks out there.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched some of Fultz' workout for the Sixers and he did not shoot well at all ... I doubt that will make any difference as I'm sure they were just making sure he's healthy and ready to go, but he was throwing up some bricks out there.
I wouldn't put to much into it though. The kid is going through the emotions and he will be fine when it really matters. Can you imagine knowing that in a few days you are about to win the lottery? As long as his medical shows up good, this is going to be a sick back court for years to come.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't put to much into it though. The kid is going through the emotions and he will be fine when it really matters. Can you imagine knowing that in a few days you are about to win the lottery? As long as his medical shows up good, this is going to be a sick back court for years to come.

Agree ... I'm on board

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Done deal! Trade finalized and will be announced soon.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Done deal! Trade finalized and will be announced soon.

any link? or heard on radio?
also any idea what finalized deal is?

edit: done deal notification up on espn home page but no details yet