• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - Sixers

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Article on if Ball and Simmons would be good on the same team.

Would Lonzo Ball fit in with Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons? | Bob Cooney

From the article: "The problem for him will be whether he can get enough space in the pros to get his shot off, as it takes a long time for him to get the ball from his hip up through to his release."

I do believe that Ball has a good shot when it is released no matter how weird it looks.....it does drop. I am concerned that he may have a hard time getting it off when defenses press him close. It is the main reason I think he may not be as great as many think he may be.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rumor is that the Sixers and Celtics are in serious talks for the Sixers to acquire the 1st pick. Fultz may be in Philly tomorrow for a meeting.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rumor is that the Sixers and Celtics are in serious talks for the Sixers to acquire the 1st pick. Fultz may be in Philly tomorrow for a meeting.

My sources say LaVar Ball will be our pick, at least that's what LaVar told me.:dhd:

Serious though, Fultz would make our back court sick. Any idea what we are giving up?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly's going to be giving up at least one of their 1st's next season for the move up to 1. If Fultz ends up being that 20-25 ppg guy it is well worth it. My one worry is the health of both Embiid and Simmons moving forward ... right now if either Simmons or Embiid continue with health issues, we have 2 firsts next season to address it. That being said ... Fultz/Embiid/Simmons and Saric is a hell of a core moving forward!

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey, the Sixers will have two 1sts in 2019 to address it, as well. I am all for keeping our boatload of picks, but they have enough to make some kind of move right now.

I probably stand pat and take Ball or Jackson at #3 and hope to bink the #1 next year for Luka Doncic. However, next year is projected to be a very frontcourt heavy draft and if they can't land Doncic, then I don't mind giving up a lottery pick for Fultz (who is a great fit with Embiid and Simmons.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
97.5 reporting that the other pick is Sac's 2019 pick. Sounds too good to be true, but I hope it's real. The rumors are coming in hot and heavy, so we won't know for a couple of days. Fultz is coming in for an interview and a medical check as he had a recent injury. That makes him a typical Sixer - injury.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
97.5 reporting that the other pick is Sac's 2019 pick. Sounds too good to be true, but I hope it's real.

Out of the 1st rounders the Sixers have in '18 and '19, the Kings pick is the one I'd least like to give up.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The latest is that we give up #3 this year, and the Lakers' pick next year. That would be great, as the Lakers are going to sign some free agents, and thus won't be bad next year. Rumors all over that Lebron and anther top name want to go to the Lakers to make up another dream team.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The latest is that we give up #3 this year, and the Lakers' pick next year. That would be great, as the Lakers are going to sign some free agents, and thus won't be bad next year. Rumors all over that Lebron and anther top name want to go to the Lakers to make up another dream team.
I want to hear Labron to the Sixers rumors..:suds:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to give up a top lottery pick but Fultz here could be sick. Only problem I see is a lot of what he does is with the ball in his hands. He is super long though and can finish on both ends a bunch of different ways.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time to get a Fultz jersey guys. The deal is about 99% done.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers don't have enough money to sign anyone good. LeBron isn't a free agent until next offseason. I'm mixed on it -- but I think the 2018 Lakers pick will be more valuable than the 2019 Kings pick.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a trade might be in the works for LA to get LeBron there.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this deal is just about a done deal. Fultz is in Philly today and the staff will look over Fultz's medical record and so forth. To be honest, I love the risk here because just imagine Simmons, Fultz, Saric, Embiid, etc. for the next decade? I'm probably a bit more optimistic than some of you. I think the deal will be a swap of 1 and 3, next years LAL pick we have, and 2019 Kings pick (Sixers have). I may be wrong, but that it what I have been reading on various sites. It's a hefty price, but we don't mess with an of our current roster as of now. We can still make deals to get picks back (Okafor) at some point.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On our local ESPN radio station - 97.5, The Fanatic, thinks it does not include the 2019 SAC pick. If we can, add Okafor just to get rid of his salary cap hit.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the deal will be a swap of 1 and 3, next years LAL pick we have, and 2019 Kings pick (Sixers have). I may be wrong, but that it what I have been reading on various sites. It's a hefty price, but we don't mess with an of our current roster as of now. We can still make deals to get picks back (Okafor) at some point.

That is way too much. Hinkie is probably pissed that Colangelo is going to mess up all the work he did.

I'm not sure what kind of pick you think you can get back for Okafor. A very late 1st? Holmes probably has more value than Okafor.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a trade might be in the works for LA to get LeBron there.
While I think LeBron and Paul George to the Lakers would be a good idea, I doubt the league lets LeBron play in the West. Paul George to the Cavs makes a lot of sense.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, the latest is that the trade has to go down before the draft, otherwise, the Lakers could screw up this deal by drafting Jackson at #2, or if Boston picks Jackson at #1, the Lakers pick Fultz. Either scenario, the Sixers get screwed. So, if the trade goes down before the Draft, the Sixers get Fultz, and the Celtics get whoever they want at #3. they like Jackson, but they can pick anyone, or even trade #3 for more picks or a player. Ainge wants to collect as many premiere picks in order to acquire Jimmy Butler. Also, if we have to include Saric, we will sign Irsan Ilyasova.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For starters, I would not give up Saric unless Saric is all we would be giving up to move up to 1. For the last two "full" months of the season he averaged almost 18 points, around 7.5 rebs and over 3 assists per game. As much as I like Fultz, you don't give up a promising, skilled big man like Saric "and" an extra 1st rounder to move up 2 spots for Fultz; that's crazy! I'd "easily" prefer taking any one of Ball, Jackson or Fox while keeping Saric and a future 1st over just adding Fultz any day. I'm cool with #3 and either one of our 1st's in 2018 ... but if we add Saric I think Boston would be making out like bandits.

Last edited: