• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Joe Pa done

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calamity... just for the record, I'm not saying you are excusing him or on his side or anything like that, so I hope you don't take anything I say personally toward you.

I think it's because Sandusky is 100% guilty. He deserves the full punishment of the law, and the full punishment of his cell mate. With Joe, there is (to some, not to me) room for debate. But like I have stated in all of my posts about the subject... it's not just Joe, it's everyone involved. But Joe is the face of that program for better or worse. If he gets the credit and praise for the good, he also should be scrutinized for the bad.

It's an ugly thing that's gone on and the shitty thing is I'm sure they are just scratching the surface. Usually when a couple victims have the courage to come forward, more will follow.

Tallglass, nothing personal at all. Never took that from you to begin with so please assure that anything I say is not directed at you or to be taken personal. This is a sensitive subject and everyone has their opinion, view etc.... in the end there won't be true justice served IMO for the real victims....

The dismissal of Joe is a sad way to end an unmatchable legacy that I hope years from now, when there are new people to college football or sports in general, that it won't take away what he's accomplish. It's sad that "nothing more" was done on his behalf but he wasn't the only one who should've done more(why didn't that grad assistant intervene if he heard/saw(idk) those wrong acts). But Joe being Joe Paterno, he's the one to suffer the most rather than that POS Sandusky.....

I, particular, did not like like and was disgusted how ugly it turned on Joe by the media and sports analyst so hastly. To me that's aggravating and disrespectful... but that's my opinion and stance on it. Cannot turn people to my POV on the matter since its a very serious and emotional discussion to begin with.

Last edited by a moderator:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you are fucking Morons. Schulz WAS THE HEAD OF THE POLICE when Paterno reported it. He did take it to the police. Also Schulz despises Paterno, always has. He is probably the one trying to put it all on JoePa.

What do you mean Schulz was head of the police(other than the actual statement)? I am not too familar with names and their relationships to this case as much as others are... sorry!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean Schulz was head of the police(other than the actual statement)? I am not too familar with names and their relationships to this case as much as others are... sorry!

I'm not 100% on this but I think he was head of the university police at the time. So while Paterno did not go to the actual police with whatever information he had at the time. He did take it to someone at the universities he should have known to report it.

The whole thing against Paterno is crap and university right now is just using his face and status to lessen the heat on themselves. Their are a lot of people far more responsible for all this than Paterno and unlike a lot of him at least he reported something.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Among other things he oversaw the Penn State Police. Which is hardly the real police. Which doesn't escuse Paterno or anyone else who saw what they saw and knew what they knew, wouldn't you expect to hear something more about this issue after you reported it? Wouldn't you follow up? This wasn't some petty crime. He let it slide after initially reporting it. He's not the only bastard but he certainly is a bastard.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Some of you are fucking Morons. Schulz WAS THE HEAD OF THE POLICE when Paterno reported it. He did take it to the police. Also Schulz despises Paterno, always has. He is probably the one trying to put it all on JoePa.

You have a link for that?

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Among other things he oversaw the Penn State Police. Which is hardly the real police. Which doesn't escuse Paterno or anyone else who saw what they saw and knew what they knew, wouldn't you expect to hear something more about this issue after you reported it? Wouldn't you follow up? This wasn't some petty crime. He let it slide after initially reporting it. He's not the only bastard but he certainly is a bastard.

I understand this but lets say Shultz says we looked into it and it was a misunderstanding. Then what does JoePa do? He has been told by his superior and the head of the University Police (who are indepentent fully functioning police station) that it's over. I know a couple of universities I've had friends go to don't allow outside police to come and handle campus crimes.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a link for that?

He wasn't head of the police exactly, he just oversaw them, although I'm not sure Shultz did this to get Joe Paterno, I think he just covered it up for the sake of the University. That Grand Jury report that I posted talks about that, but it also goes into some horrific detail of what Sandusky did..

That guy is disgusting

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A source told ESPN's Schad that Paterno hopes to clarify what he was told by McQueary as soon as Thursday. According to the source, Paterno recalls McQueary "vaguely" referencing "fondling" or "touching" or "horsing around" by Sandusky and a youth. But Paterno never had the understanding that McQueary had witnessed a "sodomy" or "r*pe."

Joe Paterno, president Graham Spanier out at Penn State - ESPN

I'm pressing the GA for more details and I am calling the cops to report the guy taking a shower with a child in my locker room period. What part of showering, fondling or naked touching and naked horseplay between a grown man and a child is OK in your opinion?

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand this but lets say Shultz says we looked into it and it was a misunderstanding. Then what does JoePa do? He has been told by his superior and the head of the University Police (who are indepentent fully functioning police station) that it's over. I know a couple of universities I've had friends go to don't allow outside police to come and handle campus crimes.

He asks them to describe how an old man naked in a shower with a young boy in the mddle of the night is a "misunderstanding" and then he goes to the real police. Fuck that. He fucked up big time, he wasn't the worst of the bunch but he's definitely guilty of at the very least being a pussy who looked the other way rather than being a man and demanding some answers.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So Joe Pa originally reported it to the Athletic Director Curley.

Then he had a meeting with Curly and Schultz.

Doesn't that seem weird that Schultz oversaw the University Police as part of his job as Vice President for Finance and Business?

It would be bizarre to me if police chief was actually reporting to a finance guy on a matter like this. Common sense would be for Joe Pa to simply contact the actual police. This Schultz guy can't have a police chief role with that title. Although maybe that's the problem.

This whole thing gets weirder and weirder the more you look into it.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn state is done as a football school. It will get the death penalty from public opinion and will end off worse than MSU

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Joe Paterno should have done more than just tell his boss, but I have to imagine Sandusky was a long time friend?? 30-40 years? I try to imagine how I'd react to that kind of story about a guy I've counted as a friend for half of my life, while also trying to consider the strange upbringing of people in their 70s. They were kind of taught to mind their own business, and just look out for their own.

I agree how tough it would be when it's your friend of so long, but there are times when loyalty should go out the window. I always tell my friends that if they get jumped or sucker punched, I would jump in. But if they are acting like an asshole and a guy beats them up... I'm not doing a thing. (Unless it started to get out of hand) I know it's totally different than the Penn state situation, but it's just an example. And if he had the mentality of the "mind my own business" then he should not be in the position he was in. Because when you are Joe Paterno, EVERYTHING that happens around your program is your business.

I almost married a girl who was molested by her step dad and his best friend knew about it and did nothing. And a good friend of mine was drugged and raped twice in the same night at a party and nobody did anything about it. She was embarrassed so she never pressed charges either. And she wouldn't tell me who it was because she didn't want me to do anything stupid. So this hits kind of close to home for me. Maybe because of this I hold these people to a higher standard because I know what I would do in the same situation.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

He did not take it to the police, Schulz was not "the police".

I also don't buy the notion that campus cops can't tell city, county or state law enforcement that they are not allowed to investigate a crime that took place on campus.
"Hey Statie, we got this triple homicide covered. You are not allowed to come on campus so take a hike".

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Look, there's a pretty crucial difference between the head of the campus police department and a university VP who, among his many duties, oversaw the practical operation of the police department. The former is a police officer who has official power to take police action. The latter is just an administrator with no power to arrest people, etc. I haven't seen anything to suggest that Schultz was the head of the campus police.

At a bare minimum, if Paterno was going to continue to allow Sandusky to use the football team's facilities, and to operate a camp for young children on campus, he had an obligation to look into it. He either didn't or he didn't take action as a result of doing so, and he lost his job as a result. That's kind of how this sort of thing tends to work. It's how this sort of thing should work.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This asshole Schultz should be fired and thrown in a box full of fire ants as well! This only confirms my distrust of Univerity figures in general.

They're all to blame, but the higher up it goes the madder I get. I hope the president of the school somehow goes to jail for this. I don't know if he's a mandatory reporter or not...

You find out a grown man touches (MUCH LESS RAPES) a naked boy in the shower you go STRAIGHT to the police, and then you DON'T stop for a bite to eat before you go to that kid's parents as well! YOU SEE IT HAPPENING? YOU KICK THE SCUM BAG'S DEPRAVED ASS AND TELL THE BOY TO RUN!!!

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Penn state is done as a football school. It will get the death penalty from public opinion and will end off worse than MSU

Unless the stories get worse than they are now - or worse than I understand - in five years this will be a non-story. If it had been Paterno himself - someone whose influence can't just be scrubbed from history - it would be a different story. But a school will survive a freak assistant coach, IMO.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

I hope so. They deserve it. There are consequences to being complicit in the molestation of God knows how many children over the last 9 years.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This asshole Schultz should be fired and thrown in a box full of fire ants as well! This only confirms my distrust of Univerity figures in general.

They're all to blame, but the higher up it goes the madder I get. I hope the president of the school somehow goes to jail for this. I don't know if he's a mandatory reporter or not...

You find out a grown man touches (MUCH LESS RAPES) a naked boy in the shower you go STRAIGHT to the police, and then you DON'T stop for a bite to eat before you go to that kid's parents as well! YOU SEE IT HAPPENING? YOU KICK THE SCUM BAG'S DEPRAVED ASS AND TELL THE BOY TO RUN!!!

Sick, out of curiosity, who do you trust? And if this is part of your standard, we've seen this sort of behavior in churches, corporations, political parties. You name it, it's it's large enough, a group has covered up something like this.