• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turns out that is WW just doing what he does naturally.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The poor guy looks a little down in the dumps.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was pooping on a Yugo, well I mean the car is essentially asking for it.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Guy getting chased by the cops, decides to do some tricks.

CAbNo2JUsAAPRiJ.png

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It probably won't take long, college students being what they are, for fans of the Medicine Hat Rattlers to initiate the following cheer: Give us an F, give us a U, give us a C ... You get the point.

But this won't be some frat-boy attempt at thumbing their noses at authority. That's because they'll simply be spelling the surname of one of the team's best players.

You see, the guy listed in the programs and newspaper reports as Guilherme Carbagiale was in fact playing under a pseudonym, sort of. That's because his real name is Guilherme Carbagiale Fuck. And that fact that it's pronounced Foo-key wasn't enough for team officials to allow his real name to be used -- at least at first.

But now that the secret is out, well, what the F's the difference?

Boy named Sue has nothing on this Canadian basketball player | Eh Game - Yahoo Sports Canada

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like Fuk-U-Do-Me better.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Germanwings plane crash: Co-pilot 'wanted to destroy plane' - BBC News

Well... That's just terrifying.

I think I'm going to have to stay away from news outlets for a while as this guy will no doubt be tied to ISIS, Al Qaeda, The Tea Party, the New York Yankees and the Hitler Youth. My gut feel is this is no different than one of those people who walks into a school or mall and shoots some people before punching their own ticket. My life sucks so I'm taking others with me. At least in a mall or school there is some sense of opportunity for escape...

I thank God that reviewing those recordings is not my job.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
things swung one way quickly after 9/11 ... do they swing wildly the other way now?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny thing my ONLY fear for flying is not Terrorism, not Faulty Mechanics, not a pilot getting sick but this. A Pilot deliberatley flying a plane into the ground. I dont think they need to change anything than maybe ensuring 2 people are in the cockpit at all times (dont they always have 3 flight crew in bigger planes?) if a pilot or copilot need to step out a flight crew member should go in for the time.

things swung one way quickly after 9/11 ... do they swing wildly the other way now?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny thing my ONLY fear for flying is not Terrorism, not Faulty Mechanics, not a pilot getting sick but this. A Pilot deliberatley flying a plane into the ground. I dont think they need to change anything than maybe ensuring 2 people are in the cockpit at all times (dont they always have 3 flight crew in bigger planes?) if a pilot or copilot need to step out a flight crew member should go in for the time.

yah ... i had thought this was current protocol

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

another thing that I read that needs more information on is why he took a personal leave to interupt his training. For the serious nature of this disaster and the reason behind it nothing is private in this mans life anymore (the lead investigator said it was a private issue) and certainly not against the safety of the public and our ease of mind.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is in North America - the rest of the word, it's pretty spotty. Airlines like Virgin, Korean Air, British and Etihad all mandate it. Apparently, Lufthansa doesn't, at least not in their budget carrier. Or this pilot didn't enforce it.

I think a more appropriate response is better mental health assessment and care for high stress jobs. Pilots are some of the most overworked and stressed workers out there. High stress jobs, particularly ones with the safety of the public in their hands, should have completely free and anonymous counseling. And if someone is starting to show signs of cracking, they should be taken off duty with full pay to sort it out. There just can't be a financial punishment for seeking appropriate help.

I've said it dozens of times before. No one just snaps. There are always places along the road where it could be caught and rectified. Someone just needs to care enough to look for or recognize it.

I just feel so terrible for those families...

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is in America

fify

of course it would be Air Canada that didnt already have this protocol mandated ... Air Canada :L

Air Canada will now require at least two people in the cockpit at all times after revelations Thursday that a Germanwings co-pilot steered Flight 9525 into a mountainside while the captain stood helpless outside a locked cockpit door.

Air Canada spokesman Peter Fitzpatrick said the policy change will be implemented “without delay.”

In a voice recording from the cockpit of downed Flight 9525, the captain can be heard pounding on the cockpit door while his co-pilot set the airbus on a course toward a mountain, killing all 150 aboard, French prosecutor Brice Robin alleged Thursday.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing about this plane crash, logically it should* shut up some people who dont think a plane hit the pentagon on 9-11 because to them it didnt look like a plane crash because they could not clearly make out plane debris. In the pictures of this crash, I see one piece thats easily identifiable as part of a plane.

*it wont

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another thing that I read that needs more information on is why he took a personal leave to interupt his training. For the serious nature of this disaster and the reason behind it nothing is private in this mans life anymore (the lead investigator said it was a private issue) and certainly not against the safety of the public and our ease of mind.
Except that privacy laws in Germany are much stronger than they are here, and whatever private issue it was may have involved people who are still alive and entitled to their privacy. For example if it was a medical issue with a spouse or former spouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.