• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gambling is just as destructive as tobacco or alcohol and the massive amount of advertising for it now is a problem. Gambling shouldn’t be prohibited but if you can’t advertise for smoking you really shouldn’t be able to advertise for the other two either.

You're making far too much sense. Time to slander your character. Leafs fan lol

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gambling is just as destructive as tobacco or alcohol and the massive amount of advertising for it now is a problem. Gambling shouldn’t be prohibited but if you can’t advertise for smoking you really shouldn’t be able to advertise for the other two either.

Speaking of gambling can I get a Javy Baez homer today please?!?

6BC09567-A090-4554-8C13-1EEE7934AAFB.jpeg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I definitely had the gambling bug in my single days, but as soon as I got married and started a family, it quickly faded away. I think I inherited it from my grandfather on my dad's side as he often told me about vacations spent at the race track lol.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will not have you besmirch the good name of gambling and will not let you imply that a lot of shady deals are going down so all major sports hold events in Vegas and put teams there to encourage poor people to fork over money they cannot afford to lose. I for one think that racing F1 cars through a parking lot and down the strip will be INFINITELY better that racing through the Ardenne Forest like they have for nearly 70 years.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely had the gambling bug in my single days, but as soon as I got married and started a family, it quickly faded away. I think I inherited it from my grandfather on my dad's side as he often told me about vacations spent at the race track lol.
Which is fine. We’re all human and should be free to make our own decisions.

But advertising something that thousands, if not millions, are in recovery from or susceptible to is just so irresponsible.

I smoked for a long time. I still get jealous when I see people smoking on tv or movies etc. When my mom, who hates sports (“all you guys do is yell at the tv when it’s on!”) and almost exclusively watches TLC and HGTV, complains about the number of gambling commercials she sees I think it’s a bit of an issue lol.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PA can't quite FL but they sure try.

I take back my "can't quite" statement. This is full Florida. Never go full Florida.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take back my "can't quite" statement. This is full Florida. Never go full Florida.

4vllc8cowbs81.jpg

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he gets to keep his award?

Cool cool...

Yeah this whole thing is a crime of assault live in front of millions and not a serious consequence. Chris Rock is also wrong here for not pursuing charges and Suing him. That entire Hollywood scene is fucked up

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think about Biden's new executive order? That if you get Wordle in 3 tries or less you get a day off of work...

Status
Not open for further replies.