• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To this day you have to give Mean Gene (RIP) and Stevie Ray credit for keeping it straight faced.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My review of Little Caesar's arena:

Area looks like they are really trying to revitalize and build up a community around it. Should be nice when done. Kind a minefield of construction barrels and barriers now.

Concourse feels more like a mall or airport than an arena. Wide, vendors, restaurants and shops on both sides as you walk.

I got a Darren McCarty bobblehead.

Suite was awesome. The pizza came in Little Caesar's boxes but it was not Little Caesar's quality. It was actually good which made me wonder if all LC's up there make good pizza and they just ship the crap elsewhere. Also had wings, chili dogs, mac and cheese and salads. Food was good. There are like 3 different levels of boxes and half were empty.

During the game, the atmosphere felt flat. Don't know if it was because I was surrounded by suits who didn't care about the game or if it really was flat. Felt like the only crowd noise was when Marchand touched the puck or when the Wings scored. Maybe I am just spoiled with the nuthouse that is Nationwide.

Overall, cool arena. Got a high five for my Jim Craig jersey. Hope the Red Wings get good soon to live up to the place.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To this day you have to give Mean Gene (RIP) and Stevie Ray credit for keeping it straight faced.
What happened? I do not know and am not having any luck searching.....

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Darren McCarty bobblehead.

During the game, the atmosphere felt flat. Don't know if it was because I was surrounded by suits who didn't care about the game or if it really was flat. Felt like the only crowd noise was when Marchand touched the puck or when the Wings scored. Maybe I am just spoiled with the nuthouse that is Nationwide.
a) redundant?

b) my suite experience last weekend was a bit similar. there was me and about 8 others (out of about 30) who actually sat down and watched the game. the rest were milling about up top. I know was technically a work event, but that's what intermission is for!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My review of Little Caesar's arena:

Area looks like they are really trying to revitalize and build up a community around it. Should be nice when done. Kind a minefield of construction barrels and barriers now.

Concourse feels more like a mall or airport than an arena. Wide, vendors, restaurants and shops on both sides as you walk.

I got a Darren McCarty bobblehead.

Suite was awesome. The pizza came in Little Caesar's boxes but it was not Little Caesar's quality. It was actually good which made me wonder if all LC's up there make good pizza and they just ship the crap elsewhere. Also had wings, chili dogs, mac and cheese and salads. Food was good. There are like 3 different levels of boxes and half were empty.

Overall, cool arena. Got a high five for my Jim Craig jersey. Hope the Red Wings get good soon to live up to the place.
I stayed overnight in Detroit for a Leaf game when I was like 20 and the Little Caesar’s pizza wasn’t the worst thing that went in my stomach that night (that would be the bullet).

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stayed overnight in Detroit for a Leaf game when I was like 20 and the Little Caesar’s pizza wasn’t the worst thing that went in my stomach that night (that would be the bullet).
See thats just rude and a rookie move. In Baltimore when we see a tourist we usually do not aim for the torso. If you hit an extremity you can often still get a good review on travelocity.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gambling is just as destructive as tobacco or alcohol and the massive amount of advertising for it now is a problem. Gambling shouldn’t be prohibited but if you can’t advertise for smoking you really shouldn’t be able to advertise for the other two either.

Status
Not open for further replies.