• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are we.

Stopped 31 of 33 shots. Lost 2-1.

As it turns out, the other team used a ringer AAA goalie wearing the jersey of their regular goalie (Signed in with the regular's name and everything) and had to forfeit the result. The team actually used him 5 times and had to forfeit all five games. 4 of their 6 wins on the season...

So that's 40. 13-6-2 on the season

It's a game FFS.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sons tier 4 team played a tier 2 team in playoffs on sunday. The best player on the opposing team (#19) got a major for boarding in his prior game on the thursday night so he was suspended for the sunday game. Our entire team (players and families) knew about this because the penalty came in an exhibition game against our tier 3 team. So all our kids learned about this at school the next day from their friends/classmates at their various burnaby schools lol

you cant really scam the system here because the game tracking/record keeping is rigidly bureaucratic. The league uses the hisports app (online game sheets) and its pretty foolproof. each team declares their roster online pregame and the system will automatically exclude suspended players from selection.

To our surprise, #19 shows up sunday morning and the opposing team manager says pregame “ya i dont know whats up with hisports but its not letting me add him to the roster ... can you guys just add him manually in the game notes section”

good effort lmao :clap:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, if anyone ever asks you to participate in a flash mob event in Baltimore - do not say yes! Oh the humanity.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sons tier 4 team played a tier 2 team in playoffs on sunday. The best player on the opposing team (#19) got a major for boarding in his prior game on the thursday night so he was suspended for the sunday game. Our entire team (players and families) knew about this because the penalty came in an exhibition game against our tier 3 team. So all our kids learned about this at school the next day from their friends/classmates at their various burnaby schools lol

you cant really scam the system here because the game tracking/record keeping is rigidly bureaucratic. The league uses the hisports app (online game sheets) and its pretty foolproof. each team declares their roster online pregame and the system will automatically exclude suspended players from selection.

To our surprise, #19 shows up sunday morning and the opposing team manager says pregame “ya i dont know whats up with hisports but its not letting me add him to the roster ... can you guys just add him manually in the game notes section”

good effort lmao :clap:

In our case, the goalie was kicked off AAA team for behavior, and his brother plays for the High School team. So instead of just petitioning the league to allow the kid to play for them, they went ahead and had him play as another kid on the team who happened to be hurt.

The team managers provide the lists of players for the scoresheet (which are all paper) so they are not really vetted unless someone notices something weird. Which is what happened in this case, one of our players said at chalk talk the next Monday "I thought Andy was playing AAA this year." Coach said Andy who and went to the scoresheet and said that he was listed as Brian. Our player was like "No, I played with him for 3 years, that was Andy. His brother Caleb plays for them too. "

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it turns out, the other team used a ringer AAA goalie wearing the jersey of their regular goalie (Signed in with the regular's name and everything) and had to forfeit the result. The team actually used him 5 times and had to forfeit all five games. 4 of their 6 wins on the season...

So that's 40. 13-6-2 on the season

It's a game FFS.
We had something similar with HS football around here about a decade ago. Two or three of the schools had to forfeit their season and another cost the school district (taxpayers) nearly $100K but was ultimately "cleared" (I use the quotes because the conclusion, if I remember correctly, was essentially that they weren't doing things right, but they didn't have enough evidence that it was wrong to punish anyone).

Basically they had kids' families falsifying residency to get them into the district with the best football programs. One of those programs won something like 100 straight games. Oddly the investigation only started after they lost a game...

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
In our case, the goalie was kicked off AAA team for behavior, and his brother plays for the High School team. So instead of just petitioning the league to allow the kid to play for them, they went ahead and had him play as another kid on the team who happened to be hurt.

The team managers provide the lists of players for the scoresheet (which are all paper) so they are not really vetted unless someone notices something weird. Which is what happened in this case, one of our players said at chalk talk the next Monday "I thought Andy was playing AAA this year." Coach said Andy who and went to the scoresheet and said that he was listed as Brian. Our player was like "No, I played with him for 3 years, that was Andy. His brother Caleb plays for them too. "
When I ran a team in the stockbrokers league, some asshole was famous for paying players, cheating rosters, having his "industry players" sit on the bench the entire game.
They made it to the finals one year, and brought out the then current version of the UBC Thunderbirds (far and away the top university team in the province). The other team in the final kicked up a fuss, but what are you going to do.... not play the game? We were a self regulating league, and everyone knew this guy was a cheating c-bag going into it.
Everyone in the league was thrilled that the Thunderbirds lost the final.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
BBZS6fQ.img

Health officials in the United Kingdom are scrambling to find anyone who may have had close contact with man being referred to as a "superspreader" after being linked to 11 new infections of the novel coronavirus.

The man, said to be in his late 50s, travelled to Singapore for a sales conference from January 20 to 22, where it is thought he caught the novel virus, several news outlets reported. The man then flew to a ski resort close to the French Alps, before returning to his hometown of Hover and visiting a local pub, The Washington Post reported.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BBZS6fQ.img

Health officials in the United Kingdom are scrambling to find anyone who may have had close contact with man being referred to as a "superspreader" after being linked to 11 new infections of the novel coronavirus.

The man, said to be in his late 50s, travelled to Singapore for a sales conference from January 20 to 22, where it is thought he caught the novel virus, several news outlets reported. The man then flew to a ski resort close to the French Alps, before returning to his hometown of Hover and visiting a local pub, The Washington Post reported.

You have an alert set up for any article or site using the term 'superspreader' don't you?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have an alert set up for any article or site using the term 'superspreader' don't you?

Have you been around
Have you done your share of comin' down
On different things that people do
Have you been aware
You got brothers and sisters who care
About what's gonna happen to you in a week from now

Maybe I'll be there to shake your hand
Maybe I'll super spread across the land
And then we'll be dying away
But at least we're dying together
I'm talkin' 'bout together now

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

don't say "that's how I met your mom"

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's a topsy-turvy world, and maybe the problems of two people don't amount to a hill of beans. But this is our hill. And these are our beans!"

Leslie Nielsen's birthday today

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the bootleg version of Rocky 3 I just bought - in every scene that featured "Eye Of The Tiger" they had replaced that music with Survivor's "Is This Love". It's not so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.