• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son has the opportunity to win the 40th game of his high school career tonight...

giphy.gif

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess when I hear "the day the music died" I think Buddy Holly - talented guy - big loss, Richie Valens* - talented guy - big loss, The Big Bopper - crickets**. Even judging it against songs of its time, Chantilly Lace is a pretty stupid song and I am not sure we would have ever heard of TBB again. Then I imagine what if he lived and ended up bigger than Elvis? He could have branched out into movies, there could have been conventions, maybe even politics. In a debate he could have answered every question with "whoa baby that's what I like!"

1705_123181818395.jpg

*I resisted putting Lou Diamond Phillips here
**not Buddy Holly and the

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess when I hear "the day the music died" I think Buddy Holly - talented guy - big loss, Richie Valens* - talented guy - big loss, The Big Bopper - crickets**. Even judging it against songs of its time, Chantilly Lace is a pretty stupid song and I am not sure we would have ever heard of TBB again. Then I imagine what if he lived and ended up bigger than Elvis? He could have branched out into movies, there could have been conventions, maybe even politics. In a debate he could have answered every question with "whoa baby that's what I like!"

1705_123181818395.jpg

"Big Bopper" Merzlikins has a nice ring to it.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess when I hear "the day the music died" I think Buddy Holly - talented guy - big loss, Richie Valens* - talented guy - big loss, The Big Bopper - crickets**.
I just think Don McLean.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Police had no right to seize hidden bedside camera from Airbnb condo, judge says

Judge is setting a pretty dangerous precedent here.
I'm no bald lawyer, but I thought police could enter a residence or search a car or something if there was reasonable evidence of a crime?
Wouldn't a complaint to the police saying "this apartment has a voyeur cam, and there it is" be fairly reasonable evidence?

at least now everyone knows that Michael Chow of Toronto is a fucking scumbag. Too bad it's such a common name (presumably).

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update: Still sitting on 39.

Friday night's game turned into the kind of game that would make Mount Torts erupt. Just a complete shit show. He was left out to dry for 61 (yes SIXTY ONE) shots against. Lost 5-0. He faced 7 clean breakaways. That bad. We figured that was the last of his regular season games but the other goalie came down with a fever, so he went again yesterday. Other team had an injury to their goalie and got a special rules exemption to use a sub. Apparently the one they grabbed is a AAA goalie going on to play D1 next year.

My boy stopped 20 of 20. Other kid stopped 39 of 39. 0 - 0 tie.

He came off the ice and said "I feel like I am cursed."

Season GAA: 2.37
Season sv %: .927

12 - 7 - 2

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update: Still sitting on 39.

Friday night's game turned into the kind of game that would make Mount Torts erupt. Just a complete shit show. He was left out to dry for 61 (yes SIXTY ONE) shots against. Lost 5-0. He faced 7 clean breakaways. That bad. We figured that was the last of his regular season games but the other goalie came down with a fever, so he went again yesterday. Other team had an injury to their goalie and got a special rules exemption to use a sub. Apparently the one they grabbed is a AAA goalie going on to play D1 next year.

My boy stopped 20 of 20. Other kid stopped 39 of 39. 0 - 0 tie.

He came off the ice and said "I feel like I am cursed."

Season GAA: 2.37
Season sv %: .927

12 - 7 - 2

Your son needs some run support.

Status
Not open for further replies.