• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen reviews with that on human tinder too.

I think it should always be called Human Tinder now.
Next time someone says they signed up for Tinder ask - "human tinder?"

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie Whiting: F1 race director dies aged 66 on eve of season-opener in Melbourne

Very sad news for any F1 fans out there. The guy in charge of reigning in the monkeys on the track in this multi-billion dollar traveling circus (and keeping them safe) has passed away unexpectedly overnight. He was 66.

In a sport with so many out of control egos, the fact that there is NO ONE who has a bad word to say about the guy charged with discipline is pretty remarkable.

This photo is from yesterday. He died 10 hours later.
a1heuewf61m21.jpg

I am shocked and saddened. RIP Charlie.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie Whiting: F1 race director dies aged 66 on eve of season-opener in Melbourne

Very sad news for any F1 fans out there. The guy in charge of reigning in the monkeys on the track in this multi-billion dollar traveling circus (and keeping them safe) has passed away unexpectedly overnight. He was 66.

In a sport with so many out of control egos, the fact that there is NO ONE who has a bad word to say about the guy charged with discipline is pretty remarkable.

This photo is from yesterday. He died 10 hours later.
a1heuewf61m21.jpg

I am shocked and saddened. RIP Charlie.
Heard about that. And yet Max Mosley is still alive. Go figure.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Most Bizarre Details From the College Cheating Scandal

What is this, I don't even.

Malcolm Abbott, a “rapper” who goes by “Billa,” defended his parents for allegedly paying $125,000 to inflate his sister’s SAT and ACT scores, while also smoking a huge blunt outside their Fifth Avenue apartment, and promoting his new CD.

“They’re blowing this whole thing out of proportion. I believe everyone has a right to go to college, man,” he told the New York Post.

He added: “Check out my CD, Cheese and Crackers.”

Or, for good measure:

YouTube will always be my #1 passion. I promise I’d way rather be filming 24/7 than sitting in 6 hours of classes straight but an education is also super important to me so thank u for ur patience and letting me figure out time management . Ily bbs

— Olivia Jade (@oliviajadee) February 6, 2019

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's federal budget week and one of the things getting a buzz around here and I'm sure out west is the Liberals possibly instituting shared-equity mortgages. As the Star puts it:

Government would partner with certain first-time homebuyers in taking on a share — say 30 per cent — of a mortgage. When the time comes to sell the house, government would reap part of the reward, taking profits in proportion to its equity stake.

There's about a dozen things off the top of my head to not like about this but considering this would be aimed almost solely at the Toronto & Vancouver housing markets wouldn't this just exacerbate the current critical lack of supply issues those areas have and result in even higher prices? Or am I missing something.

I think politicians are seeing stats where home sales are down significantly but home prices have remained high and/or are still climbing and are conflating the two indicators.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's federal budget week and one of the things getting a buzz around here and I'm sure out west is the Liberals possibly instituting shared-equity mortgages. As the Star puts it:

Government would partner with certain first-time homebuyers in taking on a share — say 30 per cent — of a mortgage. When the time comes to sell the house, government would reap part of the reward, taking profits in proportion to its equity stake.

There's about a dozen things off the top of my head to not like about this but considering this would be aimed almost solely at the Toronto & Vancouver housing markets wouldn't this just exacerbate the current critical lack of supply issues those areas have and result in even higher prices? Or am I missing something.

I think politicians are seeing stats where home sales are down significantly but home prices have remained high and/or are still climbing and are conflating the two indicators.
Sounds like they are trying to put a band aid on a severed arm to stop the bleeding.

No clue how people afford to buy homes in Toronto?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So glad that I grab my summer clothes from the bins on Thursday.

Smiles at the suckers in pants.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burton may have his own way to rock, but it doesn't sound like a fine state of affairs...

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got another day in FLA (orlando) ... florida guys help me out ... clearwater or daytona beach ... please dont answer neither :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.