• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have kept a log of the 3-day stint at my in-laws. We could trade yarns all week long.

We went out with a few of my cousins, and decided to stop and get them some food because we ruined their pizza night plans. we went to a famous place (that is 4 miles from their house) and got them crab imperial.

They were upset because one wanted cream of crab soup and the other wanted the crab cake that the missus bought. So the missus, who cannot get crab cakes where we live, gave it up. Pops ate half of it and threw it away.

They also did not want the leftover pizza.

It's a very nice feeling crossing the Ohio river and seeing that sign.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to a college visit with the boy to Robert Morris. Got a nice tour and saw that they have a tremendously kick ass hockey facility there. It's on the list. For those that don't know, it is in Pittsburgh, just west of the city.

So at the end, the recruiter gave him a coupon for a free sandwich at Primanti Brothers and said he needed to experience a true Pittsburgh icon. He was over with the recruiter for a bit asking what was so special and the recruiter told him he had to get the "Pitts-Burger" or the "Carnegie" and explained what they were.

As we were walking to the car I asked what he thought of the school and he said "I am not sure I can spend that much time around people who think it's okay to put french fries on sandwiches."

That's my boy.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to a college visit with the boy to Robert Morris. Got a nice tour and saw that they have a tremendously kick ass hockey facility there. It's on the list. For those that don't know, it is in Pittsburgh, just west of the city.

So at the end, the recruiter gave him a coupon for a free sandwich at Primanti Brothers and said he needed to experience a true Pittsburgh icon. He was over with the recruiter for a bit asking what was so special and the recruiter told him he had to get the "Pitts-Burger" or the "Carnegie" and explained what they were.

As we were walking to the car I asked what he thought of the school and he said "I am not sure I can spend that much time around people who think it's okay to put french fries on sandwiches."

That's my boy.

Hahahaha. That’s my alma mater, my son is graduating from there this year also and he works at the Island Sports Center where you were.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaha. That’s my alma mater, my son is graduating from there this year also and he works at the Island Sports Center where you were.

Nice. I liked the campus a lot. I liked the area around it too. Much different than flat old Ohio. Although, I was sort of freaked out by the ex-hotel that is now student housing. Was it a hostile takeover? :)

That Sports complex was insane. So that third Ice Sheet, does it stay up all year or do they make that Dek Hockey too during the summer? And do all the hockey teams (D2 and 3) Also practice and play at the Island? Real nice facility. Even if there is too much yellow.

This was our first visit. We're also looking at Michigan State, Bowling Green, Kent and Miami (OH) this spring. He doesn't want to stray too far from Columbus. A friend is trying to talk him into Notre Dame. My bank account hopes that friend fails.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. I liked the campus a lot. I liked the area around it too. Much different than flat old Ohio. Although, I was sort of freaked out by the ex-hotel that is now student housing. Was it a hostile takeover? :)

That Sports complex was insane. So that third Ice Sheet, does it stay up all year or do they make that Dek Hockey too during the summer? And do all the hockey teams (D2 and 3) Also practice and play at the Island? Real nice facility. Even if there is too much yellow.

This was our first visit. We're also looking at Michigan State, Bowling Green, Kent and Miami (OH) this spring. He doesn't want to stray too far from Columbus. A friend is trying to talk him into Notre Dame. My bank account hopes that friend fails.

The D1 team practices and plays there. We saw OSU (the team Dzingel was on), Penn St and Air Force over there. The RMU club teams play there and a shitload of kids and adult leagues too.

I'll have to ask my kid about the 3rd sheet, I have no idea.

As for the hotel once they got D1 football and hockey enrollment went through the roof so they needed more dorms so they bought the old Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn.

When i was in school (late 80's) it was about 9k to go there, now its ~45k. Good school, great placement program and yeah fuck Notre Dame lol

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we were walking to the car I asked what he thought of the school and he said "I am not sure I can spend that much time around people who think it's okay to put french fries on sandwiches
Don't knock it till you try it. For free. :D Though I would suggest the corned beef or pastrami.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of sandwiches, why do they cost so much these days? Deli near my office jacked up the price of their pastrami/corned beef/smoked meat etc. on rye to about $10 + tax with no side.

Italian sandwich spot also has their veal parm up to almost $11 + tax and I know they've cut back on the meat.

Is it the same down there or is this just a hauty tauty Toronto/Canada issue?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of sandwiches, why do they cost so much these days? Deli near my office jacked up the price of their pastrami/corned beef/smoked meat etc. on rye to about $10 + tax with no side.

Italian sandwich spot also has their veal parm up to almost $11 + tax and I know they've cut back on the meat.

Is it the same down there or is this just a hauty tauty Toronto/Canada issue?
I hate to be the one to tell you this...it's because you're getting old.

355105.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Be careful with those salted cured meat sandwiches, my friend...

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:sly: Apple gonna manufacture these in Tampa Bay ?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:sly: Apple gonna manufacture these in Tampa Bay ?

They are going to make them in Taizhou, a coastal city which according to it's tourism promotional materials is the "Tampa Bay of China" and also "where the juice is cooked." It loses something in translation.

Status
Not open for further replies.