• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: OT: 2016 Summer Olympics

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decided to make a thread for those of us here on the NBA board to talk about all the sports taking place in the olympics.

I'm currently watching USA v Canada in Mens volleyball

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched part of the game against China.

I won't get deep into it yet cause it's back to school time.

Bought my daughter 4 pairs of shoes.

3 pair had all right shoes.

It takes great skill to fuck up like that.

Back to the mall I go.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Croatia vs Spain Mens basketball just started

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 NBA players in the starting lineup. 3 for Spain and 1 for Croatia

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ping pong is worthy of olympic status then they should add foosball and maybe air hockey for the winter games.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only watched some of the basketball. Watched the US scrimmage against the Washington Generals...I mean China and then watched Australia kick the shit out of France, which was surprising. France has some good players and looked dreadful

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gasol went up too soft for the final shot, and Saric sent it back...:lol:

I missed it. Took a quick nap. Woke up to a text from my buddy saying that Croatia told Pau "to sit the fuck down". Didn't know what he meant til just now lol

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only watched some of the basketball. Watched the US scrimmage against the Washington Generals...I mean China and then watched Australia kick the shit out of France, which was surprising. France has some good players and looked dreadful
Australia has some good players. Patty Mills, Dellavedova, Baynes and Bogut isn't a team you can sleep on. Its a very physical team. FIBA/Olympics definitely seems to be more play on style play than the NBA, regular season NBA anyway.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Australia has some good players. Patty Mills, Dellavedova, Baynes and Bogut isn't a team you can sleep on. Its a very physical team. FIBA/Olympics definitely seems to be more play on style play than the NBA, regular season NBA anyway.

Yeah, they have a solid team as well. I was just more surprised that France looked so lifeless. Baynes and Bogut beat them up a bit in the 1st quarter and afterwards, France just waived the white flag #Francejokes

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they have a solid team as well. I was just more surprised that France looked so lifeless. Baynes and Bogut beat them up a bit in the 1st quarter and afterwards, France just waived the white flag #Francejokes

Why are we surprised? They needed to beat Canada in a playoffs last month to qualify for the Olympics

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ping pong is worthy of olympic status then they should add foosball and maybe air hockey for the winter games.
in college i got really really good at ping pong.

One weekday night me and a buddy of mine were playing, and i jumped back with my legs while leaning forward with my torso- and TOTALLY threw my back out. like insanely. I have never done anything near like that before hand or since.

I literally could not get up. 2 of my buddies got under each arm and walked me to the elevator. Once back on my floor- the 6th floor- being walked down the hallway like that- upon first inspection the people on the floor thought i was drunk--- but no--- just pulled my back out playing ping pong.

laid down on my dorm room floor- nothing got better. It was like midnight so the college infirmary was closed-- the RA decided to call the paramedics....

Paramedics came up- and despite my protestations- decided on taking me to the hospital. Only problem? the stretcher would not fit in the elevator. I am not a small guy...about 6'1" 215 lbs at the time probably..and they had to carry me down 6 flights of stairs, lol.

just unbelievable.

anyway- ping pong? DEFINITELY a sport! ;)

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in college i got really really good at ping pong.

One weekday night me and a buddy of mine were playing, and i jumped back with my legs while leaning forward with my torso- and TOTALLY threw my back out. like insanely. I have never done anything near like that before hand or since.

I literally could not get up. 2 of my buddies got under each arm and walked me to the elevator. Once back on my floor- the 6th floor- being walked down the hallway like that- upon first inspection the people on the floor thought i was drunk--- but no--- just pulled my back out playing ping pong.

laid down on my dorm room floor- nothing got better. It was like midnight so the college infirmary was closed-- the RA decided to call the paramedics....

Paramedics came up- and despite my protestations- decided on taking me to the hospital. Only problem? the stretcher would not fit in the elevator. I am not a small guy...about 6'1" 215 lbs at the time probably..and they had to carry me down 6 flights of stairs, lol.

just unbelievable.

anyway- ping pong? DEFINITELY a sport! ;)

Back injuries are the worst. I threw my back one time playing basketball. It was during some pick up games, and I held up the game because I went to the ground and couldn't get back up. A couple guys had to drag me to the sidelines because I couldn't make it myself. The part that got me most upset with myself was the fact I could feel my back slightly tightening during the game, but me being younger and invincible thought it would just go away.

Luckily a few of my friends were working out in the weight room near by and were able to drive me and my car back home. I have no idea what I would have done if I was by myself there. There was no way I could get home or drive in that condition. Worst car ride of my life.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back injuries are the worst. I threw my back one time playing basketball. It was during some pick up games, and I held up the game because I went to the ground and couldn't get back up. A couple guys had to drag me to the sidelines because I couldn't make it myself. The part that got me most upset with myself was the fact I could feel my back slightly tightening during the game, but me being younger and invincible thought it would just go away.

Luckily a few of my friends were working out in the weight room near by and were able to drive me and my car back home. I have no idea what I would have done if I was by myself there. There was no way I could get home or drive in that condition. Worst car ride of my life.
that is the craziest thing....sounds like we both just lost all motor control from the waist down- at least i did...i literally could not move my legs...i was like laughing since i was not in pain while i laid there- (now when they wre moving me to my dorm room thats a different story), but it was just so strange.

and i didnt do anything specific to recover- just rested and stayed in bed for a day and was good to go like 36 hours later......soooooo strange.....never has happened like that before or since- and at the time i was prob like 19 years old.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is the craziest thing....sounds like we both just lost all motor control from the waist down- at least i did...i literally could not move my legs...i was like laughing since i was not in pain while i laid there- (now when they wre moving me to my dorm room thats a different story), but it was just so strange.

and i didnt do anything specific to recover- just rested and stayed in bed for a day and was good to go like 36 hours later......soooooo strange.....never has happened like that before or since- and at the time i was prob like 19 years old.

That sounds more like a pinched nerve.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was watching it last night and the athletes are sick. It gets bashed a lot, but my thing is that if we're going to to allow for parlor games then let's let foosball in. I'd be drenched in sweat after like a two hour session of it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team USA struggling early. 8-7 6 minutes in

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team USA looking like the Warriors out here. Not the 73 win Warriors, but the 9 loss Warriors. Too many risky passes leading to turnovers, too many contested shots and not enough post defense.