• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"That's part of being the go-to guy," Gretzky said. "You get to hold your hands out and accept the flowers when you are successful and you'd better be able to stand there and take the heat when things aren't going your way."

"Sidney has played a lot of hockey over the past four years, maybe more emotional hockey than any player in the history of the National Hockey League," Gretzky said. "He has been in the Stanley Cup final ... the Stanley Cup playoffs ... maybe the biggest game in Canadian international hockey; an overtime game and he scored the winner.

"He went to Russia, the first time we sent our best players to Russia since 1972. And to play the way Canada did, at the level it did, it's tough.

"It's mentally draining. I think it's more mentally draining than it is physically draining because these guys are in such great shape.

"He'll be fine. A couple of months off and he'll bounce back."

"I was really proud that he stood up and said he didn't play great and he wasn't hurt," Gretzky said. "I'm kind of tired to listening to players at the end of the playoffs making excuses that they weren't physically at 100 per cent because nobody is.

"Everybody plays with injuries. One year, Kevin Lowe played the entire playoffs with a cast on his wrist with a broken wrist.

"That's part of it. This time of year, you hope you can overcome that exhaustion by the emotion and excitement."

Wayne Gretzky stands up for Sidney Crosby | Hockey | CBC Sports

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't we just get rid of the trapezoid all together?

Why not this?

yrdqDh9.jpg

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who do you think that would be?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My money's on Hossa.

I could see that - and a lot of teams would be interested - Florida should be jumping on that - what do you think is his trade value, considering the contract?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see that - and a lot of teams would be interested - Florida should be jumping on that - what do you think is his trade value, considering the contract?

I don't think his contract is all that bad if you believe the salary cap is going to continue to climb rapidly (and I for one believe that it will). He should be able to fetch a pretty nice return for the Hawks (I would think they would be looking for high draft picks/prospects).

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when a normal person would give it as a %, noted horse racing gambler Eddie O puts a fractional quantity on it lol

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think his contract is all that bad if you believe the salary cap is going to continue to climb rapidly (and I for one believe that it will). He should be able to fetch a pretty nice return for the Hawks (I would think they would be looking for high draft picks/prospects).

So, you're saying RJ Umberger and Jared Boll don't get the deal done?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, regarding Hossa, they won't do it, but wouldn't it make a ton of sense for the Isles? Young group, trade for Hossa, lock up Dan Boyle, go out and get another mid tier defenseman. Marty isn't coming back to the Devils, probably isn't looking for a dramatic change of scenery, maybe lock him up and have him platoon with Halak. Is that not a significantly better team?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, regarding Hossa, they won't do it, but wouldn't it make a ton of sense for the Isles? Young group, trade for Hossa, lock up Dan Boyle, go out and get another mid tier defenseman. Marty isn't coming back to the Devils, probably isn't looking for a dramatic change of scenery, maybe lock him up and have him platoon with Halak. Is that not a significantly better team?

Isles aren't signing Dan Boyle so they'll have more work to do

Status
Not open for further replies.