• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monica Seles is Engaged To 72-Year-Old Billionaire Tom Golisano and former Sabres owner

seles.jpg

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what they'd be allowing then?

Most other things are already reviewable. Unless they'd let you go further back in a play. For example, was it a high stick that was used to play the puck to the guy that scored instead of just seeing if the goal was off a high stick.

I guess puck over the glass would be a prime candidate too.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what they'd be allowing then?

Most other things are already reviewable. Unless they'd let you go further back in a play. For example, was it a high stick that was used to play the puck to the guy that scored instead of just seeing if the goal was off a high stick.

I guess puck over the glass would be a prime candidate too.

No doubt, there was a puck over the glass in the last game that was heavily talked about it, it could have went either way

You can review plays like that, maybe you can review whether a player was offside leading to a goal?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puck over glass should be the same as icing, no penalty, face-off in the offending teams zone and you're not allowed to change any players on the ice.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puck over glass should be the same as icing, no penalty, face-off in the offending teams zone and you're not allowed to change any players on the ice.

Isn't the reason they put the rule in place was to discourage slowing the play down as it was a free whistle? If that was the true intent of the rule, then face off protocol is what the problem is. The linesmen take too damn long to drop the puck. If a team isn't ready, too bad, just drop the puck. No more creative stalling and essentially giving a team a free time out. Just have it like an icing, no changes and drop the damn puck already.

Personally, I think if you flip the puck in the crowd, you need to take your skates off and go into the crowd to retrieve it. How hard can that be, it's not like a crowd of people can hide a puck like a snowbank can, correct? Then your team isn't penalized with a man down situation, they just lose your services until you can retrieve the puck.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't the reason they put the rule in place was to discourage slowing the play down as it was a free whistle? If that was the true intent of the rule, then face off protocol is what the problem is. The linesmen take too damn long to drop the puck. If a team isn't ready, too bad, just drop the puck. No more creative stalling and essentially giving a team a free time out. Just have it like an icing, no changes and drop the damn puck already.

Personally, I think if you flip the puck in the crowd, you need to take your skates off and go into the crowd to retrieve it. How hard can that be, it's not like a crowd of people can hide a puck like a snowbank can, correct? Then your team isn't penalized with a man down situation, they just lose your services until you can retrieve the puck.

I agree that the linesman take too damn long to drop the puck esls. It used to be a judgement call by the refs if a player flipped the puck over the glass whether or not a delay of game penalty would be called. I just think they made it an automatic penalty to try to increase scoring and take the responsibility away from the zebras.

/I like the take the skates off and go retrieve the puck idea as well :thumb:

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the linesman take too damn long to drop the puck esls. It used to be a judgement call by the refs if a player flipped the puck over the glass whether or not a delay of game penalty would be called. I just think they made it an automatic penalty to try to increase scoring and take the responsibility away from the zebras.

/I like the take the skates off and go retrieve the puck idea as well :thumb:

I think it was also to get some consistency between the rules for skaters and goaltenders. The options were either:
a) Make it a penalty for everyone since it already was for goalies or
b) Make it a penalty for nobody

Of course the NHL would choose a though.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Boyle would be a nice addition to the Canucks once they move Edler (oh that's right, they're not moving Edler).

/or are they?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Boyle would be a nice addition to the Canucks once they move Edler (oh that's right, they're not moving Edler).

/or are they?

I don't think the Canucks would be considered Stanley Cup contenders - they could very well get back in the playoffs with the right moves come next season but it will be difficult

I'm thinking the Lightning would be a good fit, they need another offensive guy that can help on their PP - he'd be a good fit there and he knows Tampa well, and Tampa could make some more noise next season with more experience

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was also to get some consistency between the rules for skaters and goaltenders. The options were either:
a) Make it a penalty for everyone since it already was for goalies or
b) Make it a penalty for nobody

Of course the NHL would choose a though.

But they missed a key part of the goalie side of it, which is deflecting long shots into the crowd for a whistle.

Not sure I know what the issue is, but I agree that if the linesman would just stop screwing around and dropping the puck it would be nice.

They did that a few years ago. I remember a few times where a play started and only one guy was there to take the faceoff.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't we just get rid of the trapezoid all together?

Status
Not open for further replies.