• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is an idea I had a while ago (hopefully its a better one than my Lee Trevino drink idea which bombed (half iced tea - half coffee)). Basically its an ongoing NHL thread much like the NFL one where if something happens in a game without a GNT thread or if something happens that you think might interest those outside the GNT post it here.

And as always, be respectful, buckle up, and have fun.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First!

People still do this, right?

PS: This is a good idea.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically Comeds was first but what are you going to do...

third :D

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far this season SUCKS and I don't see it getting better but I will give reports on a weekly basis.

There's my first contribution Comeds.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far this season SUCKS and I don't see it getting better but I will give reports on a weekly basis.

There's my first contribution Comeds.

and it didnt disappoint :D

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is sort of an everything goes as long as it's hockey related thread, right?

So here goes:

I never had NHL network before this season, so I don't know if they've always done this, but Sunday's Caps/Sabres game was on NHLN. But all they did was patch in the Caps TV broadcast. They did their own intermission report and didn't put the various Caps info-graphics on the screen, which made it even weirder (and more annoying). Has NHLN always done it like that?

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is sort of an everything goes as long as it's hockey related thread, right?

So here goes:

I never had NHL network before this season, so I don't know if they've always done this, but Sunday's Caps/Sabres game was on NHLN. But all they did was patch in the Caps TV broadcast. They did their own intermission report and didn't put the various Caps info-graphics on the screen, which made it even weirder (and more annoying). Has NHLN always done it like that?

Yes. Sometimes it's HNIC coverage & you get to see this:

doncherry.jpg

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So here goes:

I know when they used to show Hockey Night in Canada it was 100% the HNIC broadcast.

NHL Network also used to just use the broadcasts from the teams for NHL on the Fly highlights, with the regional commentators calling the plays. They've done away with that and instead opted to use Barry Melrose babbling or whoever they have on that night. I think somebody else complained about this recently and it bugs me.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many poster bought The Center Ice package? What did they charge for the shorter season?

We had a free preview on TWC but I think it's over now.

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many poster bought The Center Ice package? What did they charge for the shorter season?

We had a free preview on TWC but I think it's over now.

For Cox cable it's offered free until Thursday & the price is $49.99. I was planning on signing up and this will be the first time for me. No more crappy streams.

With the earlier start times out here, it's tough to leave work & be home at 4:00 PM so the DVR will get a workout.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SGirouxCTV: CTV News exclusive: Longueuil police raid the home of ex Habs George Laraque, suspected in fraud case.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wonder if this has anything to do with the CHL union debacle wonder if he was that mysterious dude

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I know why this thread was created, but that's not going to stop me from posting threads about individual accomplishments and achievements by players, coaches, and teams.

How else will I feel validated by others, if I'm not the 1st person to post about something that happened in its own thread?

Man, I got 5 kids to feed.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
wonder if this has anything to do with the CHL union debacle wonder if he was that mysterious dude

Got to figure Laraque was a patsy, and they are looking for evidence on 'the man who wasn't there'

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This the first year they've done it. And its not even for every game. Last night's Bruins/Canes game had the Canes feed complete with scoreboard. I like the NHL graphics pack better, I wish MSG would use that instead of their shit they use this year.

NHL Network also used to just use the broadcasts from the teams for NHL on the Fly highlights, with the regional commentators calling the plays. They've done away with that and instead opted to use Barry Melrose babbling or whoever they have on that night. I think somebody else complained about this recently and it bugs me.

Me! It was met that complained! I hate it. NHL Network is turning too much in to ESPN.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to go Bing Sports!

UtyxHhu.jpg

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have Windows 8!

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not enough Florida Hockey fans here... no GNT for Panters and Bolts.. a lil disappointing :lame:

Status
Not open for further replies.