• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that it would possibly limit the offense?

with the amount of goalies that actually cant handle the puck I think it may help :D

i hated that addition. guys like Turco and Brodeur who worked so hard to earn that skill got screwed by it

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the amount of goalies that actually cant handle the puck I think it may help :D

i hated that addition. guys like Turco and Brodeur who worked so hard to earn that skill got screwed by it

Exactly - Get rid of it and let goalies play the puck more and we'll see fewer defensemen get rammed into the endboards from behind. C'mon NHL, it's not that complicated.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since you mentioned that, maybe it will help - because it'll force the slower d-men to try and get the puck and when they can't the goals will go up

Does taking the trapezoid out help the goalies as far as safety and help? There could be different schools of thought

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you mentioned that, maybe it will help - because it'll force the slower d-men to try and get the puck and when they can't the goals will go up

Does taking the trapezoid out help the goalies as far as safety and help? There could be different schools of thought

doesnt seem to make a difference for safety now. I dont have a problem with body contact on goalies outside the front area of the net and in the crease, anything behind you should not be allowed to hit them but you should be able to force your way through in the back like you would against a dman against the boards when fighting for a puck. goalies like smith and quick like to be physcially involved with players when they are back there, that shouldnt be allowed.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesnt seem to make a difference for safety now. I dont have a problem with body contact on goalies outside the front area of the net and in the crease, anything behind you should not be allowed to hit them but you should be able to force your way through in the back like you would against a dman against the boards when fighting for a puck. goalies like smith and quick like to be physcially involved with players when they are back there, that shouldnt be allowed.

I do agree about players being able to get past the goalies - you shouldn't be able to hit them but at the same time I see many plays where players get called for goalie interference when all they're trying to do is get by the goalie, but they just don't have the room to do it - it's not that fair on the players, what are they supposed to do there? It should be a two way street, maybe they can do a right-a-way? If the goalie goes behind the back of the net first, then the attacking player can't go in that area, and vice versa if the player goes behind the net first, the goalie has to stay in his net?

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting

Hank Lundquist is probably the number 1 requester. He flirts with that line SOOO much.

Why don't we just get rid of the trapezoid all together?

Marty hasn't retired yet :)

So the center can keep cheating on the faceoff and have to back up and go back in a few times, thus getting rest. Will have to hear more about how this is going to be implemented. Only way it could work is if a center is tossed, he can't be replaced.Basically a "gimme" for the attacking forward.

Gonna be a real fine line. I don't wanna see goalies get lined up and hit hard, but it is kind of dumb that they can move without anyone getting near them. Maybe they are safe inside the trapezoid, but they can go anywhere. Outside the trapezoid, contact/tie ups are allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the center can keep cheating on the faceoff and have to back up and go back in a few times, thus getting rest. Will have to hear more about how this is going to be implemented. Only way it could work is if a center is tossed, he can't be replaced.Basically a "gimme" for the attacking forward.

If the center cheats on the faceoff in that situation he gets a penalty? Maybe that'd prevent that from happening?

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't we just get rid of the trapezoid all together?

Why are you trying to bring common sense to the NHL???

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hockey fans of Buffalo are proving that their passion for the sport does not wane, even when the Sabres have a miserable points percentage — the worst in their history.

The enthusiasm of Buffalonians is local, national and yearlong.

Buffalo was the highest-rated market in the regular season for NBC and NBCSN’s national games and, with Sabres games, generated the second-highest local cable rating in the N.H.L. (Pittsburgh had the highest.)

For Game 1 of the finals, Buffalo’s 8.5 rating ranked second; for Game 2, Buffalo ranked third, with an 8.1 rating. (That game generated a 10.5 rating in the New York market, the highest in history for an N.H.L. game on NBC or NBCSN.) And for Game 7 of the Western Conference finals, between the Kings and the Blackhawks, Buffalo had a 7.3 rating, second to Chicago’s.

For Buffalo, Few Points on the Ice but Plenty in the TV Ratings

:suds:

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always had a soft spot for buffalo and its fans after they got jobbed on the Stanley cup winning goal in 99 and then the hole in the net fiasco in 2000

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
If the center cheats on the faceoff in that situation he gets a penalty? Maybe that'd prevent that from happening?

if you cheat a second time on a face off now, it's supposed to be a penalty.
I read a suggestion somewhere that if you cheat on the draw, you will need to attempt to take it from 6 inches further back
interesting thought.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see players that are basically untouchable handle the puck as little as possible. So while I do think it's goofy, I'm OK with the trapazoid.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kovalchuk Return? Rumor Firestorm Engulfs Twitter

I believe that all the best talent belongs in the best league, but this would be a complete mess if it happens.

I am thinking "jackass on Twitter stirring shit" on this one.

NHL and the Devils need to take a stand if this is true. it cost them a draft pick to sign him and they lost him for this crap. Dont let him back. would be pretty spineless league/team if they did

Status
Not open for further replies.