• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's Hasek been up to these days?

puck2_42359.jpg

x8rs7.gif

Dominator pucks dudes?

NTTAWWT

I am shocked. SHOCKED I TELL YOU

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am legit shocked by the underlined ... only 8 non hockey events????

points to how putrid a location Glendale is

The council expected to collect revenue from 23 non-hockey events based on prior years, but the city will only collect revenue from eight this year under the new agreement.

The arena hosted more events than that, but the city did not collect revenue from events that did not sell tickets, such as a cheerleading competition and other charitable events, said Tom Duensing, Glendale's financial services director.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am legit shocked by the underlined ... only 8 non hockey events????

points to how putrid a location Glendale is

The council expected to collect revenue from 23 non-hockey events based on prior years, but the city will only collect revenue from eight this year under the new agreement.

The arena hosted more events than that, but the city did not collect revenue from events that did not sell tickets, such as a cheerleading competition and other charitable events, said Tom Duensing, Glendale's financial services director.

Was reading some of the comments from people, they think they should have torn down this museum or some type of old building(I might be completely off base though) so that they could put the Coyotes arena closer to downtown - very few casual fans will go to Glendale for a Coyotes game in the middle of the week

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting tidbit for these playoffs.
Since the expansion to 7 games in round 1 this will be the most games played in one playoff season by the two finalists.
If Chicago makes it they will have played 39 games combined
NOTE: The only way the Hawks can make it is playing a 7 game series this round.
If LA makes it they could have played 40 or 41 games combined.
NOTE: The number depends on if LA wins in 6 or 7.

The most prior to this was in '02 when they played a combined 36.

Also if LA/Chi goes to game 7 and LA wins that will be the first time every a team played in all eligible 21 playoff games to make the SCF.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard for me to believe he won't find a spot somewhere - I still think San Jose moves Niemi and I think Ryan Miller could end up there

That article was horrible. As long as Miller doesn't hold out for too much money or a guarantee of a starting job, he'll get signed somewhere. And even if he does hold out, someone will still sign him. Even some of the teams that the author automatically rules out would probably be thrilled to take him on as a backup at the right price.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word coming out of San Jose it's that they are not interested in Miller, they want to get younger and he does not fit with that plan.

I can understand that, if they want to pay a vet 5Mil to not win in the playoffs, they could just keep Niemi.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, anyone giving him true starter money would be silly (though who knows with some of these GMs), but if he was willing to sign on as a backup at the right price, there's tons of teams that would do it.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Miller could land a starting gig (depending on the term he's looking for) and to a contending team he could be a solid option but the motto of this off-season seems to be take a step back to take two steps forward aka rebuild on the fly. If they go through with this philosophy, I don't see them being a contender this season which makes spending on Miller a waste of resources.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that Ryan Miller probably wants to be close to his wife, which takes away some options - if it wasn't for that, Winnipeg would be an obvious place - he's way better than Ondrej Pavelec

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that Ryan Miller probably wants to be close to his wife, which takes away some options - if it wasn't for that, Winnipeg would be an obvious place - he's way better than Ondrej Pavelec

Yes, except that I don't think Winnipeg would (or should for that matter) spend that much on guy who's likely on the downward slope of his career trajectory. I don't think they're close enough to being contenders to bother spending big on a guy like Miller yet.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a team would be willing to take MAF he could have a home in Pittsburgh.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^

Regarding McGuire going in for a 2nd interview...

Make it so, Oprah (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.