• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was sure nice of them to let all those people enjoy their Summer vacation with no work to worry about.

Last edited by a moderator:

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas Vanek said his lack of production in the playoffs wasn’t the result of an injury.

And it wasn’t a lack of desire.

It was chemistry — or rather a lack of it — said Vanek, who has likely played his last game for the bleu-blanc-rouge after scoring five goals and adding five assists in 17 playoff games.

“I’m a big believer in chemistry,” said the 30-year-old, who intends to take advantage of his unrestricted free-agent status on July 1. “I started in Buffalo and I went to the Island, where I got comfortable with Johnny (Tavares) and (Kyle) Okposo (with the New York Islanders) and our line took off and then your game takes off. When I first got here, I struggled a bit and then I got moved to Davey (Desharnais) and Patch (Max Pacioretty) and I think as a line we were great, one of the best lines.

“Then I got taken off and I struggled to find myself with a new line,” added Vanek, who had six goals and nine assists in 18 regular-season games with the Canadiens. “I played with (Tomas Plekanec) for most of the playoffs and it didn’t work. We are, I believe, both very good players, but it didn’t work. We’re not on the same page, just different games.”

Vanek says lack of chemistry hurt him with Habs

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was sure nice of them to let all those people enjoy their Summer vacation with no work to worry about.

BpJebuwCMAA70lm.png:large

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to have Hossa back on the Senators.

In fact if Chicago would retain some salary for the first two years I could see Ottawa giving up an asset of some sort. His high cap hit, relative to actual salary, is perfect for a team that needs to reach the floor.

I could see Florida being interested - Dale Tallon wants to do big things and he's the one who signed Marian Hossa in Chicago - and Marian Hossa doesn't have a NTC either so that would make it easier to move him - Florida

Seven years left though on that contract, I'm sure he could still play for at least another 3-4 years so it shouldn't be too bad

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago already used their 2 compliance buyouts, in other words "it ain't happening."

Stop all that logic and reality talk! I NEED A WINGER

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is so crazy it almost worked lol

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Florida being interested - Dale Tallon wants to do big things and he's the one who signed Marian Hossa in Chicago - and Marian Hossa doesn't have a NTC either so that would make it easier to move him - Florida

Seven years left though on that contract, I'm sure he could still play for at least another 3-4 years so it shouldn't be too bad

Wasn't that the year after Tallon left? They signed him for 2010 season. I could be wrong.

I'd love a guy like Hossa back, but ain't happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.