• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Su6LTQp.png

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Half the teams in the KHL would be willing to trade rosters with Kevin Lowe...

But there haven't been 6 Gagarin cups awarded yet. So he's ahead there too.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making its way around the Twitterverse today is an interview Hertl did with a Czech website that was translated into English at Europe Loves Hockey. Here is what the young Sharks star said about Cherry:

Would you do that again? (his famous move during his 4 goal night)
Of course I would! It would be making fun of somebody if I went to their bench and shouted something at them. But this? After all it was only Cherry who was really occupied with this thing and we all know he does not like Europeans. If you look closer who scores beautiful goals like that, it is mostly European players like Datsyuk and Forsberg. He as a Canadian does not like them, his reputation is built on that.

Have you ever met him?
No. I do not even want to. They would stab me in Canada if I said something against him. My teammates watch him all the time even though he says bullshit about players. I leave the room when I see him on TV. And his clothes…

You think Canadians have something against Europeans?
They want to show that hockey is their sport. They want to knock you down but it is not like they don’t like Europeans in general.

Yea, seems like other journalists like you over there.
They are cool. Only few people had the same opinion as Cherry. Even Biron said that my move was sick.

Tomas Hertl, not a fan of Grapes. But we’re all fans of Hertl. And why not? He’s an exciting player who has the skill to pull of a difficult move like this an actual NHL game.

Don’t want a goal like that scored against your team? Try harder.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/tomas-hertl-not-a-fan-of-don-cherry/

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he would get around 5-6M a year. Good deal for the Islanders. They may have just found their goalie for the future.

I'm thrilled. With all the D prospects we have coming, a full season from Ryan Strome & the 5th pick in the draft things are looking up next year & it's not even July 1st yet. Garth made good use of Chicago's 4th round pick in the Halak deal.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thrilled. With all the D prospects we have coming, a full season from Ryan Strome & the 5th pick in the draft things are looking up next year & it's not even July 1st yet. Garth made good use of Chicago's 4th round pick in the Halak deal.

Hope it all works out. :suds:

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
reason #461 why I love this country

Last edited by a moderator:

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the first year of a 15-year deal between Glendale and the Phoenix Coyotes, the money is coming up short, adding yet another expense for a city dogged by sports-related debt.

As part of the $225 million agreement, which was signed by city leaders and the owner of the Coyotes in July to keep the team in town, Glendale expected to recoup $6.8 million this year from sources that include ticket sales, parking receipts and naming rights for the arena.

But too few non-hockey events at the Jobing.com Arena and lackluster revenue from parking means the city likely will get just $4.4 million.

Phoenix Coyotes deal with Glendale will come up short

Status
Not open for further replies.