• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And this this one:

Regarding the first:
Great news. Question is when was it signed? Pre or post lockout. Is it amnesty-able?

Either way, he has to go. One of the worst contracts in recent memory.

Regarding the second, Tim's really gotta appreciate the media regurgitating that one out there. Jeez.

Last edited by a moderator:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding the first:
Great news. Question is when was it signed? Pre or post lockout. Is it amnesty-able?

Regarding the second, Tim's really gotta appreciate the media regurgitating that one out there. Jeez.

Preeeettty sure it was pre? Isn't this offseason the last time you can do amnesty buyouts?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding the first:

It was pre, the year before

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preeeettty sure it was pre? Isn't this offseason the last time you can do amnesty buyouts?

Looked it up, he signed in 2011. So they get amnesty from it, they haven't used any yet. Good for the Sabres.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL: We object to the term "urine soaked hell hole" when you could have said "pee-pee soaked heck hole"

Tim Murray: "Cheerfully withdrawn"

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding the first:

It is, but there's a good chance they could do it as a standard. They actually need his cap hit. Including his current $4.5M, they're still at only $39M projected for next year with an expected floor around $52M and only a bunch of borderline AHL/NHL players and Tyler Ennis to sign.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is, but there's a good chance they could do it as a standard. They actually need his cap hit. Including his current $4.5M, they're still at only $39M projected for next year with an expected floor around $52M and only a bunch of borderline AHL/NHL players and Tyler Ennis to sign.

They could go out in free agency and sign somebody and get back up there

I think this is the last year that you can do the compliance buyouts so they might as well use one on Ville

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is, but there's a good chance they could do it as a standard. They actually need his cap hit. Including his current $4.5M, they're still at only $39M projected for next year with an expected floor around $52M and only a bunch of borderline AHL/NHL players and Tyler Ennis to trade to Calgary for Chris Butler

fixed.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could go out in free agency and sign somebody and get back up there

I think this is the last year that you can do the compliance buyouts so they might as well use one on Ville

They could. I don't think they will though.

Players aren't exactly clamo(u)ring to sign with the Sabres, who would have to significantly overpay to attract mediocre free agents (why does this sound eerily familiar to the topic at hand?).

I honestly expect them to hang around the cap (and league) floor for a couple years before they start improving through the draft and then making a run at some complementary UFAs like what Pittsburgh and Chicago did.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, you don't watch every Flyers game, and I wouldn't expect that because you're busy watching the Rangers, but boy, with Mark Streit on the PP, the Flyers have really played well - and there's a reason why Mark Streit gets more minutes & more $ than Diaz - why do you think Montreal and Vancouver just let him go for not very much?

Mark Streit has 10 goals and 44 points in the regular season, that's just as much as McDonagh, and I'm not saying he's better than McDonagh, so quit trashing him - the Isles have been 100x worse without Mark Streit, their defense was so discombobulated without him this season - it seems like you are trashing Mark Streit more than I am hyping him up

You guys need to quit acting like I'm calling A-Mac and Mark Streit great defensemen - I never said that about either one of them, but some of you trash these guys like they're not good and it amazes me - these guys aren't dominant but they're solid and steady and they've made the Flyers good and I would know because I watch them every night, if I didn't think they were good I would be calling them out on it

Good assumption, but you're wrong. Having the package watch as many games as I can and wait here's more, with my cousins and best friend being Flyer fans I actually watch many games with them. So, yes, I do know what i'm talking about, I may be a hater, but i'll give credit when credit is due. I am a huge supporter of Giroux and Simmonds and would take them in a heartbeat on my team.

Striet and AMac just doesn't do it for me. I know Striet is good on the PP, but he doesn't play top defense and he's still in the top 4. Mac like I said, was a good defensemen on a shitty Islanders team. He's been good with the Flyers, but now he's getting top pairing dman money and you and I both know, he's not one.

And in reference to my Diaz/Striet comment, I only said it because you were bragging how Striet exposed Fleury, that's not that impressive, everybody can. It was a joke, that you took series, though, Diaz has been really good since coming here and has been very helpful on the PP. I have no idea why both Montreal and Vancouver let him go for nothing. :noidea:

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3gVRxOD.gif

Made me laugh.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diaz was expendable for the Habs because they had other defensemen they wanted to get into the lineup that brought more the the team than Diaz did. He was a nice offensive defensemen for the Habs but never seemed interested in actual defense. He seemed like a decent guy so I wish him the best, but I would be amazed if he continues to actually play defense.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diaz was expendable for the Habs because they had other defensemen they wanted to get into the lineup that brought more the the team than Diaz did. He was a nice offensive defensemen for the Habs but never seemed interested in actual defense. He seemed like a decent guy so I wish him the best, but I would be amazed if he continues to actually play defense.

He's stepped up his defense here, think playing on the opposite side of Klein has helped him. And he's much more physical than John Moore is

Status
Not open for further replies.