• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tumblr_lmv8imqQKF1qdmr0oo1_400.gif

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure that Bryzgalov is waiting eagerly by his phone.

The Wild's goalie situation is a train wreck before camp even opens? They won't even give Keumper a one way contract?

/can't say I'm not surprised

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t buy that I’m not a good teammate,” he said. “You can ask any of my teammates. I know when I was traded, if I was such a bad teammate, 95 percent of the guys wouldn’t have texted me (afterward).

well that certainly settles it :rollseyes:

not a big fan of when a reporter allows a guy to just spout unchallenged ... you and your medium are being used Eric Stephens

I would have liked to see a follow up question from after that comment from Kesler above asking him if there was a canucks team meeting prior to the season starting last year where the team ... his teammates ... voted to not give him the "A"

but I guess Eric Stephens doesnt want to become one of those "certain media guys"

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t buy that I’m not a good teammate,” he said. “You can ask any of my teammates. I know when I was traded, if I was such a bad teammate, 95 percent of the guys wouldn’t have texted me (afterward).

well that certainly settles it :rollseyes:

not a big fan of when a reporter allows a guy to just spout unchallenged ... you and your medium are being used Eric Stephens

I would have liked to see a follow up question from after that comment from Kesler above asking him if there was a canucks team meeting prior to the season starting last year where the team ... his teammates ... voted to not give him the "A"

but I guess Eric Stephens doesnt want to become one of those "certain media guys"

Well obviously all those certain media guys had him pegged incorrectly, as by all reported accounts, he is an exceptional teammate (on the golf course)

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been seeing a lot of Bobby Mac on tv lately interviewing various Canadian GM's - Is it just me or has Bobby Mac had some work done during the summer (maybe laser eye surgery and possibly a face lift?). He looks noticeably younger to me.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been seeing a lot of Bobby Mac on tv lately interviewing various Canadian GM's - Is it just me or has Bobby Mac had some work done during the summer (maybe laser eye surgery and possibly a face lift?). He looks noticeably younger to me.

are you looking at his gut dash??? HE'S WORKING ON IT!!!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some things I have heard but can not confirm:
Johansen was very unhappy packing up. Not "Fuck you Columbus" unhappy, more like "I don't want to leave" unhappy.

The Bridge deal was the only deal on the table for the whole summer, but when Johansen showed up having added muscle mass and improving almost every physical number, the team offered the LT deals Davidson announced today. This was mid - late July.

And I saw this elsewhere too. Johansen's agent wants to bring up Kane and Toews in the negotiations. Okay, then:

In his first three years, Kane had 230 points plus 42 more in the playoffs. He re-upped at 5 years for an AAV of $6.3 mil.
In his first three years, Toews had 191 points plus 42 more in the playoffs and a Conn Smythe. He re-upped at 5 years for an AAV of $6.3 mil.
In his first three years, Johansen had 96 points plus 7 in the playoffs. But 5.75 for 8 years is a "slap in the face".

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some things I have heard but can not confirm:
Johansen was very unhappy packing up. Not "Fuck you Columbus" unhappy, more like "I don't want to leave" unhappy.

The Bridge deal was the only deal on the table for the whole summer, but when Johansen showed up having added muscle mass and improving almost every physical number, the team offered the LT deals Davidson announced today. This was mid - late July.

And I saw this elsewhere too. Johansen's agent wants to bring up Kane and Toews in the negotiations. Okay, then:

In his first three years, Kane had 230 points plus 42 more in the playoffs. He re-upped at 5 years for an AAV of $6.3 mil.
In his first three years, Toews had 191 points plus 42 more in the playoffs and a Conn Smythe. He re-upped at 5 years for an AAV of $6.3 mil.
In his first three years, Johansen had 96 points plus 7 in the playoffs. But 5.75 for 8 years is a "slap in the face".

4 years have passed since those Kane and Toews deals. $6.3 mil in 2010 is probably worth $8-9 mil these days, no?

In that case, Johansen seems very reasonable in his demands. Also, if it weren't for him you could argue nobody on Columbus would have had any playoff points this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.