• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched Draisaitl live a few times over the last couple of WHL seasons and I'm a fan.

However, there is no way in H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS that he's ready to be a 2nd line C in the NHL.

Good thing he's playing for the Oilers :whistle:

*resumes watching Tyler Bozak lose draws*

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched Draisaitl live a few times over the last couple of WHL seasons and I'm a fan.

However, there is no way in H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS that he's ready to be a 2nd line C in the NHL.

Once the Nuge injures his shoulder again in preseason, he will slot in nicely as the number one C for the Oil.

/on the next episode of Oil Change, an overhaul of a rebuild of a rebuild

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I correct in believing Horvat can't play in the A? If so, that is a tough pickle for the Canucks. Probably better off leaving him in junior, then.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I correct in believing Horvat can't play in the A? If so, that is a tough pickle for the Canucks. Probably better off leaving him in junior, then.

yup ... the ole ... let him go dominate in junior thing usually kills canucks "prospects" development

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, he's not old enough for Utica - Shinkaruk is old enough, though.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tumblr_lpbr07Qsv11qgupwc.gif

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking more and more like the Flames will be sending Sam Bennett back to Kingston - He might get his nine games in before being sent back to junior.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup. He can't play in the A this year.

Similar, if not tougher decision for the Sens with Lazar. The kid looks great but what kind of minutes is he going get behind Turris, Zibanejad, Legwand and even Smith? He can't go to the A either. There's talk that he'll start on the wing but this kid's strength is his two-way game at C. Seems a bit of a waste to play him on the 3rd or 4th line and out of position.

I say send him back to the Oil Kings and let him dominate there and at the WJHC.

Last edited by a moderator:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking more and more like the Flames will be sending Sam Bennett back to Kingston - He might get his nine games in before being sent back to junior.

Bennett looks like an awesome prospect dash but I think this would be the right call.

I mocked him for not being able to do one pull up and was subsequently mocked for my mocking. But let's face it, that lack of upper body strength will not go ver well in an 82 game NHL season. Let him get stronger and bigger and dominate for another year. The Oilers should have done just that with RNH, IMO. I mean, why not? It pushes back his UFA years and saves his ELC for times when it may be more valuable to the Flames in terms of cap hits.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett looks like an awesome prospect Dash but I think this would be the right call.

I mocked him for not being able to do one pull up and was subsequently mocked for my mocking. But let's face it, that lack of upper body strength will not go ver well in an 82 game NHL season. Let him get stronger and bigger and dominate for another year. The Oilers should have done just that with RNH, IMO. I mean, why not? It pushes back his UFA years and saves his ELC for times when it may be more valuable to the Flames in terms of cap hits.

I posted the graph in the fancy stats thread, Kenny, but Sam is up to 11 pull-ups now (lol). Kingston is currently ranked 2nd in the CHL rankings, so I agree, let him have another season with a stacked team in junior and get bigger and stronger for next season.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett looks like an awesome prospect dash but I think this would be the right call.

Who mentioned Brett Hull couldn't do one either?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@reporterchris·11 mins
John Davidson tells reporters that the #CBJ offered Ryan Johansen $3M AAV over 2 years, $5.33M AAV over 6 years and $5.75M over 8 years.

Man, no holding back from Davidson. I know the organization has most of the cards here...but still have to be careful playing hardball in the public eye.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is becoming more and more comparable to Lindros/Flyers by the day.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Status
Not open for further replies.