• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE: Johansen

@NicholsOnHockey 2m
John Davidson says Johansen's agent has used Stamkos, Kane, Toews as negotiation comparables. #CBJ point toward Duchene, Stepan. (Dispatch)

Heh...ummmmmm....hmmmm. Yeah, no.

Well, it depends - Is it Citizen Kane and Lauren Toews (who played cruise director Julie McCoy on 'The Love Boat')?

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ho-Sang can you see...

LameInconsequentialFairyfly.gif

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
None of them compare to Al Iafraite's all-star game skullet.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Papa bear has spoken.

Blue Jackets president John Davidson turns both barrels on Ryan Johansen?s agent | Post-to-Post

I don't like that he's calling it "personal", I don't think any good can come of that choice of words. But I like how steadfast he is and that he is not putting one player above the team. That's the culture he was brought in to create. Johansen will not be in camp. And i bet that Overholdt won't be able to reach them easily once camp kicks off. They'd prefer to have Johansen, obviously. But they are knuckling down and focusing on the task at hand.

Someone who knows the CBA better than me need to explain worst case scenario. The Jackets tendered a qualifying offer. How long does that hold Johansen? If he sits out a whole season, is he a UFA or do they hold his RFA rights for 2 years? More? Just curious where all the pain lies in a prolonged holdout / lockout.

On a positive note, Josh Anderson got his third GWG in the Traverse city tourney in OT against Dallas to take home the trophy for the baby Jackets.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bald Luongo is terrifying like that. There's your zodiac killer, I don't care if he is too young to have done it.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see you at Brittania Ryjo

@andystrickland: Word is Ryan Johansen will leave Columbus today & will continue skating elsewhere until a contract agreement is reached

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Papa bear has spoken.

Blue Jackets president John Davidson turns both barrels on Ryan Johansen?s agent | Post-to-Post

I don't like that he's calling it "personal", I don't think any good can come of that choice of words. But I like how steadfast he is and that he is not putting one player above the team. That's the culture he was brought in to create. Johansen will not be in camp. And i bet that Overholdt won't be able to reach them easily once camp kicks off. They'd prefer to have Johansen, obviously. But they are knuckling down and focusing on the task at hand.

Someone who knows the CBA better than me need to explain worst case scenario. The Jackets tendered a qualifying offer. How long does that hold Johansen? If he sits out a whole season, is he a UFA or do they hold his RFA rights for 2 years? More? Just curious where all the pain lies in a prolonged holdout / lockout.

On a positive note, Josh Anderson got his third GWG in the Traverse city tourney in OT against Dallas to take home the trophy for the baby Jackets.

This might be out of date but...

I think that UFA status is determined by either age (27 years) or years played (seven). I don't think there is any scenario, barring a QO not being made, that would take RyJo to UFA any time soon.

I might be wrong though.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say, I like the fact that JD and Jarmo are playing hardball - If it were the Oilers, RyJo would already signed a 6x6 contract.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you draft a player how long do you retain their rights? Is it 3 years? Would the same logic apply to an RFA that doesn't sign as it would to a draft pick that doesn't sign?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you draft a player how long do you retain their rights? Is it 3 years? Would the same logic apply to an RFA that doesn't sign as it would to a draft pick that doesn't sign?

I don't think so. The qualifying offer retains a players rights until they reach UFA I believe.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say, I like the fact that JD and Jarmo are playing hardball - If it were the Oilers, RyJo would already signed a 6x6 contract.

And if Howson was still here, he'd have gotten more than that. Term and Dollars.

I don't think so. The qualifying offer retains a players rights until they reach UFA I believe.

If that's the case that the agent is a fool. JK/JD will not back down. The biggest thing being hurt is Johansen's career.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBrun discusses Draisaitl, Jensen, and Horvat in this week's blog...

Oilers, Canucks must make call on rookies - Cross Checks Blog - ESPN

the reports about Horvats performance at the Young Stars didnt sound too glowing ... he didnt have any dominating shifts and you would have thought he would have ... is it the pressure? They asked him to drop weight in the offseason and now he's losing last minute defensive zone faceoffs which he never really did ... ever!

whereas i thought he was an automatic to make the team at the end of last season ... he will maybe get a 9 game sniff ... hopefully the structure of playing with veterans at camp will help him show what he really has to offer

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I would give Horvat 9 games and then make the call - Besides, I think Linden Vey is going to turn some heads this season, he's a nice playmaker.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Status
Not open for further replies.