• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sabres aren't very good (duh thanks Captain Obvious), but I think the Hurricanes are even worse. When Alberta teams out-score you 11-3 on aggregate, that's a real problem.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliotte said that the Flyers offered Ryan Whitney (who's currently playing in the KHL) a two-way contract. He also believes they are interested in Oilers dman Jeff Petry.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliotte said that the Flyers offered Ryan Whitney (who's currently playing in the KHL) a two-way contract. He also believes they are interested in Oilers dman Jeff Petry.

Ryan Whitney's useless, imo

Jeff Petry I wouldn't mind because he's a righty shot and getting out of that environment in Edmonton should help

The guy the Flyers should pursue is a right-handed shot in Steven Oleksy - with the Caps defense currently, he's in the minors and the Caps don't have a spot for him - he's tough as nails, good shot and a good teammate - he'd be a nice fit for the Flyers as a solid third pairing type d-man - he's cheap too so that would help

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_ne236zuCZm1t1om7ho1_1280.jpg

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wouldn't care less

If you listen to commentators, writers and even coaches about 85-90% of the league isn't trying hard enough. The whole league is just out there fucking around like it's shinny or something.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Whitney's useless, imo

Jeff Petry I wouldn't mind because he's a righty shot and getting out of that environment in Edmonton should help

The guy the Flyers should pursue is a right-handed shot in Steven Oleksy - with the Caps defense currently, he's in the minors and the Caps don't have a spot for him - he's tough as nails, good shot and a good teammate - he'd be a nice fit for the Flyers as a solid third pairing type d-man - he's cheap too so that would help

He's a lefty shot, but someone should take a run at Matt Donovan if Capuano is just going to let him waste away in the press box.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a lefty shot, but someone should take a run at Matt Donovan if Capuano is just going to let him waste away in the press box.

Isles are pretty deep on defense so he's not going to get a shot most likely, but I'm kind of meh on him - he probably deserves a bigger role elsewhere but I think some Isles fans were sour on him last year, but Isles fans also trashed Andrew MacDonald too so maybe they don't like anybody

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isles are pretty deep on defense so he's not going to get a shot most likely, but I'm kind of meh on him - he probably deserves a bigger role elsewhere but I think some Isles fans were sour on him last year, but Isles fans also trashed Andrew MacDonald too so maybe they don't like anybody

Sure, but yet Brian Strait has played every game so far. It's not just a depth thing, there's some stoopid at work as well.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducks and Sharks put up a few PIM's this evening I see.

Corey Perry is now the Ducks all time leader in penalty minutes.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lovejoy broke his hand in a fight tonight.

Was it worth it, Rev?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but yet Brian Strait has played every game so far. It's not just a depth thing, there's some stoopid at work as well.

Oh yeah I definitely agree - I'm curious why they're still playing Brian Strait - I think what might hold the Isles back is Jack Capuano - I'm still not sold on him

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was stunned when he wasn't shitcanned last year.

Honestly, if you think about it - if Mike Babcock were to leave, with the Isles going to Brooklyn and a team on the rise, plus John Tavares being there(he'd love to coach him), that could be an interesting place for him to go to if Jack Capuano can't get it done when it matters with this group

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, if you think about it - if Mike Babcock were to leave, with the Isles going to Brooklyn and a team on the rise, plus John Tavares being there(he'd love to coach him), that could be an interesting place for him to go to if Jack Capuano can't get it done when it matters with this group

That wouldn't be a shock. I could see the new owners maybe wanting to tighten the leash on Garth thus making it a little more enticing for Babcock in regards to having a bigger say in on-ice personnel matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.