• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonis was at Rexall last week. I dunno. Oilers gotta catch a break sometime, don't they?

Sounds like fans are finally taking a break from Oilers home games...

Dan Tencer @dantencer
Club seats on StubHub going for 35% of face value price, only half a dozen games into the season and with Stamkos in town. Patience thin...

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like fans are finally taking a break from Oilers home games...

Dan Tencer @dantencer
Club seats on StubHub going for 35% of face value price, only half a dozen games into the season and with Stamkos in town. Patience thin...

Took long enough. Wish something like that would happen here but due to who actually owns the season tickets here, that'll never happen.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonis was at Rexall last week. I dunno. Oilers gotta catch a break sometime, don't they?

Like 3 straight first overall picks?? :suds:

Jackets and Isles had scouts in Rexall last week too, that's why everyone here is all aflutter.

But people here are also saying the Jackets should sign Bryz, sooooo...

The big downside is that if the Jackets do trade for a winger, it clearly means Horton is finished. And that's an albatross of a contract to keep paying.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edmonton trading their only serviceable NHL centre would probably be counter-productive, and trading either player for prospects that won't help immediately makes it even more pointless. I can see Eberle being moved, but for a guy who can average a point per game and is signed long-term at a good rate there's going to be something better coming back.

Ummm it's a rebuild. :tsk:

Edmonton-style

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instagram

Since this is such a great thing to do, I will forego the obvious jokes.

Good on ya Ben.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SUNRISE — The start of the NHL season in two weeks reminds us at Gossip Extra of the time when pop star Ariana Grande attracted hockey pucks.

Let us explain:

Back in 1998, the then 5-year-old singer of Bang Bang always sat in the first rows with her mom and dad at Florida Panthers games.

Usually, she could be found behind the penalty box at the BB&T Center, where she shot the breeze with penalized but amused players and even the refs.

At the Panthers home opener that year, Ariana was violently hit by an errant slap shot fired by a Tampa Bay Lightning player.

She was struck in the left wrist and rushed by her folks to the nearest first aid station.

It wouldn’t have been reported by the local papers if it hadn’t been the second time that little Ariana was hit by a puck at a Panthers game — within 10 months.

“What are the odds of this happening,” her visibly shaken dad, graphic designer Ed Butera, told us that day.

Panthers players actually felt so bad that they gave Ariana various pieces of equipment — and a ride on the Zamboni.

Wow. What are the sheer odds that a puck would hit a person at a Panthers game, let alone the same person twice? And that person be someone "famous"?

/Quoting article instead of linking the story, site is a little wonky.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. What are the sheer odds that a puck would hit a person at a Panthers game, let alone the same person twice? And that person be someone "famous"?

/Quoting article instead of linking the story, site is a little wonky.

Once you get past the odds of hitting a person vs. hitting an empty chair, her odds actually are pretty decent. You figure in most arenas you've got a 1 in 17-20K chance depending on the arena. In FL you've got a 1 in 10K chance.

/Not sure about the famous part though. Who is she?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy haymakers, batman

[YOUTUBE]bc4bWgd-Woo[/YOUTUBE]

Reading the YouTube comments on that was a mistake. Guy going on about how Sill is a good middleweight enforcer, but the Pens need a heavyweight and should bring up LeBlond from WBS.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once you get past the odds of hitting a person vs. hitting an empty chair, her odds actually are pretty decent. You figure in most arenas you've got a 1 in 17-20K chance depending on the arena. In FL you've got a 1 in 10K chance.

/Not sure about the famous part though. Who is she?

I'm more shocked that someone has gone to more than one Florida Panthers game.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[youtube]L_vJe-_JbQc[/youtube]

In case anyone needs a cry.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
/Pretty popular singer at the moment (my two daughters keep me in the loop).

my wife enjoys that shit too ... and when one of her songs is on the radio then I say "is that that song ... by that singer ... whats her name? Areola Grande?"

... and then her joy turns to anger :noidea:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading the YouTube comments on that was a mistake. Guy going on about how Sill is a good middleweight enforcer, but the Pens need a heavyweight and should bring up LeBlond from WBS.

I didn't even know PL3 was still kicking around - As far as hockey skill is concerned, the extraction process wouldn't even fill a thimble.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even know PL3 was still kicking around - As far as hockey skill is concerned, the extraction process wouldn't even fill a thimble.

Seriously...but this person was waxing eloquent about enforcers like it was '96 or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.