• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been fantastic. One of the biggest improvements at his age that I've ever seen. Over the last ~82 games he's been Norris calibre. But let's face it, he's no Brooks Asspik and he's certainly no Dion Phagoof. :hockeysmile:

What's funny is four years ago, if Burke had asked for Gio in the Phaneuf trade instead of Aulie, Darryl probably would've done it (or at the very least asked for another asset or a pick to get it done).

But then I remember that according to Burke Aulie was the most important part of that trade, so...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens had their halloween party this evening...Sid's troll game is off the charts.

ha. I hate you Sidney, but that is a clever Halloween costume.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's funny is four years ago, if Burke had asked for Gio in the Phaneuf trade instead of Aulie, Darryl probably would've done it (or at the very least asked for another asset or a pick to get it done).

But then I remember that according to Burke Aulie was the most important part of that trade, so...

Dutter probably would done that, although I seem to remember that he just wanted Dion gone due to locker room issues. Who knows how much truth there was to that.

Phaneuf was more highly valued around the league at that point though for sure.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hated that trade (not that I wasn't happy to see Dion go), but the timing (if Dutter would have waited until the off-season, he could have peddled 210 to 29 teams, not just one). Horrible asset management.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated that trade (not that I wasn't happy to see Dion go), but the timing (if Dutter would have waited until the off-season, he could have peddled 210 to 29 teams, not just one). Horrible asset management.

You mean you aren't happy with Matt Stajan?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brodie's deal is finalized - 5 years with a AAV of 4.65 million. I likey.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And it will be BOLD

Local rumo(u)r is the Jackets would move Anisimov, a D Prospect (Goloubef, Erixon or Savard) and a pick for Nuge or Eberle.

I am okay with that. Would prefer Nuge for jersey buying purposes.

I would also be okay with Jack "knees" Johnson, a center prospect (like Chaput or Anderson) and a pick for either as well. I like JMFJ, but he's not a significant upgrade over either Erixon or Savard at this point on the ice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And it will be BOLD

Local rumo(u)r is the Jackets would move Anisimov, a D Prospect (Goloubef, Erixon or Savard) and a pick for Nuge or Eberle.

I am okay with that. Would prefer Nuge for jersey buying purposes.

I would also be okay with Jack "knees" Johnson, a center prospect (like Chaput or Anderson) and a pick for either as well. I like JMFJ, but he's not a significant upgrade over either Erixon or Savard at this point on the ice.

Edmonton trading their only serviceable NHL centre would probably be counter-productive, and trading either player for prospects that won't help immediately makes it even more pointless. I can see Eberle being moved, but for a guy who can average a point per game and is signed long-term at a good rate there's going to be something better coming back.

Last edited by a moderator:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edmonton trading their only serviceable NHL centre would probably be counter-productive, and trading either player for prospects that won't help immediately makes it even more pointless. I can see Eberle being moved, but for a guy who can average a point per game and is signed long-term at a good rate there's going to be something better coming back.

Remember who we're talking about here. Lowe. MacT. Howson.

And Kekeleinen has had success using the Jedi Mind Trick before.

I have also been seeing a rumo(u)r centering on Phaneuf and Eberle. We'll see.

No matter what happens, Edmonton will likely botch it.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any credibility to that Twitter account/website? Or is it on par with "The Fourth Period" and HockeyBuzz?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember who we're talking about here. Lowe. MacT. Howson.

And Kekeleinen has had success using the Jedi Mind Trick before.

I have also been seeing a rumo(u)r centering on Phaneuf and Eberle. We'll see.

No matter what happens, Edmonton will likely botch it.

Nonis was at Rexall last week. I dunno. Oilers gotta catch a break sometime, don't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.