• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

On point analysis or still lingering butthurt....

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....with LeBron's and Wade's departures from the Sunshine State?

Short 3 paragraphs or so write up. That by my comprehension skills is giving far too much credit to Shaq for the Heats relatively recent championship title successes. And seemingly all the credit as the singular reason why the Heat attained legit status from an NBA franchise perspective. The only mention of, or I should say, the only mention to DWade and LeBron by Riley. Come via a Big Three reference and for the purpose, or so it seems to me. To give much more cowbell to his opinion that Shaq, not Wade, not LeBron, is the biggest reason for whatever accomplishments and success the Heat have attained.

Riley says Shaquille O'Neal acquisition bigger than LeBron James

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is butt hurt.

If they never had been able to land Shaq, they would not have won the first title and the culture of the organization would have been completely different. Without that experience, Miami is just another irrelevant warm weather franchise in 2010, and it is possible that the big 3 never happens. My guess is that is where Riley's opinion is coming from. He isn't diminishing LeBron and Wades's accomplishments.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On point IMO. He is dead on. Getting Shaq is what turned this franchise around

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Short 3 paragraphs or so write up. That by my comprehension skills is giving far too much credit to Shaq for the Heats relatively recent championship title successes. And seemingly all the credit as the singular reason why the Heat attained legit status from an NBA franchise perspective. The only mention of, or I should say, the only mention to DWade and LeBron by Riley. Come via a Big Three reference and for the purpose, or so it seems to me. To give much more cowbell to his opinion that Shaq, not Wade, not LeBron, is the biggest reason for whatever accomplishments and success the Heat have attained.

I don't think it's butt hurt either because Shaq represented the Heat's first of several championship titles and changed the face of the franchise into a contender off and on for the next decade and half, so yes that was huge. I don't think that the Heat would have won a title without Shaq - he was that dominant even though he was lazy at times and was a slacker. Without that first title - I don't think Wade would have ever been considered to be elite or looked at by Lebron. Remember that Lebron needed Wade more then Wade needed Lebron.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone is butt hurt - I would venture to say it's Clippers fans - not that I would blame them:whistle:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone is butt hurt - I would venture to say it's Clippers fans - not that I would blame them:whistle:

Being a Skins and a Clippers fan made my butt numb a long time ago, homey.

Thanks for the responses, fellas. I don't follow Bball near as much as I used to. So I figured it best to get some responses from those that do. After reading the comments I can see what Riley and y'all are saying from a chain reaction perspective.

Word.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea whether its cause he's butthurt or whether its what he honestly thinks - and I don't care - but I completely disagree.

Yes, Shaq helped the franchise turn a corner and raised the status/perception of the franchise... but the acquisition of LeBron did the very same thing... just to a greater degree in every way.

After winning in 06 the Heat had 3 first round exits and a 15 win season before getting LeBron.... awfully similar to the 4-5 seasons they had before acquiring Shaq in 04. The Heat were right back to what they were.

IMO, the perception of the Heat being this incredibly run organization wouldn't currently exist without the acquisition of LeBron James.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not only "butt-hurt" - but "butt hurt" mixed in with a good dose of "senile"

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea whether its cause he's butthurt or whether its what he honestly thinks - and I don't care - but I completely disagree.

Yes, Shaq helped the franchise turn a corner and raised the status/perception of the franchise... but the acquisition of LeBron did the very same thing... just to a greater degree in every way.

After winning in 06 the Heat had 3 first round exits and a 15 win season before getting LeBron.... awfully similar to the 4-5 seasons they had before acquiring Shaq in 04. The Heat were right back to what they were.

IMO, the perception of the Heat being this incredibly run organization wouldn't currently exist without the acquisition of LeBron James.
Shaq was the #2 guy on one title team....on a team that- did they get to the Finals once or twice?--- too lazy to look it up right now.

LeBron was the #1 guy on a team that made 4 Finals and won 2.

any reasoning more than that is convoluted self-serving bullshit.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq was the #2 guy on one title team....on a team that- did they get to the Finals once or twice?--- too lazy to look it up right now.

k

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Skins and a Clippers fan made my butt numb a long time ago, homey.

Thanks for the responses, fellas. I don't follow Bball near as much as I used to. So I figured it best to get some responses from those that do. After reading the comments I can see what Riley and y'all are saying from a chain reaction perspective.

Word.
I could understand being upset over the Clippers, but at least the culture of their behavior has improved. They might not win a title for a few more years, but they are putting together better teams

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My train of thought at the time that If I was a Clippers fan, I would be upset for being stuck with Donald Sterling for so many years. I don't know, but I thought Wiggy was a Clippers fan - so never mind me

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was Breed that started this thread - He is a Clippers fan - That's why I said that - As a clippers fan....

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shaq was the #1 guy on a team that made 4 Finals and won 3

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq was the #1 guy on a team that made 4 Finals and won 3
4 finals with the Lakers and three titles
2 finals and one title with the Heat.

Is what I was thinking because Dallas beat Miami the one year the Heat went and the other year Miami went and he was #1 on both teams. As good as Wade was, that ball went through Shaq who drew a double team that opened up Wade to shoot

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 finals with the Lakers and three titles
2 finals and one title with the Heat.

Is what I was thinking because Dallas beat Miami the one year the Heat went and the other year Miami went and he was #1 on both teams. As good as Wade was, that ball went through Shaq who drew a double team that opened up Wade to shoot

Uh, Miami went to the finals once when Shaq was there - In 2006. And yeah, Wade was always #1 option in Miami until LeBron arrived. The only reason Shaq got any MVP votes during his Miami tenure was because of name recognition.

But still, Riley has a point. Without Miami's 2006 title (even as scripted as it was), LeBron does not come to the Heat four years later.