• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 10 most embarrassing banners in all of sports

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever made that list is just a hater, why cant we hang up the 12th jersey? I mean seattle is notorious for crowd noise and is number one in the league for opposing teams penalties avg almost 8 a game so suck it. AND as much as i dont care for them why cant the patriots hang up a 16-0 banner? I get it they didnt win the superbowl so because of what happened in the post season they cant hang a regular season 16-0 banner? give me a break bunch of haters

Nothing wrong with the 12th man banner. He just was in a hurry to get 9 banners to go along with the real agenda...

BBkYVFi.img

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever made that list is just a hater, why cant we hang up the 12th jersey? I mean seattle is notorious for crowd noise and is number one in the league for opposing teams penalties avg almost 8 a game so suck it. AND as much as i dont care for them why cant the patriots hang up a 16-0 banner? I get it they didnt win the superbowl so because of what happened in the post season they cant hang a regular season 16-0 banner? give me a break bunch of haters

One of the reasons is that there really isn't anything all that special about Seattle fans, they aren't any louder than many other teams fans. They happen to have a team that plays in a stadium that is conducive to more contained noise.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the reasons is that there really isn't anything all that special about Seattle fans, they aren't any louder than many other teams fans. They happen to have a team that plays in a stadium that is conducive to more contained noise.

Paul Allen did build it strategically so sound bounces back... But the fans know this, so it just pumps um up more to get louder... I"m telling you man, I"ve been too a lot Seahawks games, and it get's so loud you can't hear the person shouting into your ear right next to you when it's crunch time.... It's impressive... I"ve left the stadium having a hard time hearing after words...

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Allen did build it strategically so sound bounces back... But the fans know this, so it just pumps um up more to get louder... I"m telling you man, I"ve been too a lot Seahawks games, and it get's so loud you can't hear the person shouting into your ear right next to you when it's crunch time.... It's impressive... I"ve left the stadium having a hard time hearing after words...

I've been to games in the old Schaefer stadium in Foxborough where you also couldn't hear the person next to you. It's not unique in Seattle is all I'm saying.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been to games in the old Schaefer stadium in Foxborough where you also couldn't hear the person next to you. It's not unique in Seattle is all I'm saying.
It's not unique. However you got to realize that since Paul Allen bought the team, he's help make them a winner, some thing rare here in the NW ( see the Mariners record for the last decade) , we all needed something to cheer about, and cheer is what we do at Seahawks games, at times the cheering has made a difference, we are all proud of that, but yeah it's not unique .

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some teams just don't have any hardware. Your team may have gotten to celebrate championship runs but not every team has been that fortunate.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I kind of think the banner is a little silly, but I don't really give a shit what Seattle does. If the fans aren't embarrassed by the banner and the whole 12th man College thing and in fact embrace it and get even louder and more pumped up by it, I say good for them. But is there really a banner of the foam finger? That one was a joke, correct?

By the way though, getting upset that someone else thinks the banner is worthy of being on the list is kind of silly too, no?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll also admit that as a Dallas fan you can be darn sure I wish we had the loud, home field advantage that teams like KC and Sea have. Heck, I'd settle for clapping once in a while

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By this line of thinking don't we also have to consider pretty much any college football team with a Bowl Championship banner? Other than a BCS bowl up to last year I mean. Congrats, you were one game above .500 and won a meaningless exhibition game.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7. Seattle Seahawks: No. 12 Jersey Retired For Fans

Fans hold a 12 banner in Seattle. (Photo by Otto Greule Jr/Getty Images)

This one’s admittedly personal, because I had to spend a week in Arizona surrounded by these humanoids who referred to themselves and each other as “12s.” This is not a real thing! You are not a “12.” You are a person. You like this football team. You’re a fan of the Seahawks. You’re not a “12.” Every other fan base in sports manages to refer to themselves as “[Team name] fans,” yet you’re “12s” and you wear jerseys with the number 12 on the back and “FAN” on the nameplate and you consider this “12” phenomenon to be a weird special thing and you think you’re special and that your voice is louder than other humans’ voices because your team’s home stadium was designed to trap noise better than any other stadium and you approach each other in coffee shops and ask “Are you a 12?” and it is annoying. OK?

Now excuse me while my head explodes.

Methinks you embellish a bit but like the honey badger, we don't give a shit about the other 31 teams or their fans. It works for us.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some teams just don't have any hardware. Your team may have gotten to celebrate championship runs but not every team has been that fortunate.
Sure. 15 years ago everyone felt sorry for Boston fans

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. 15 years ago everyone felt sorry for Boston fans
That's probably why their fans are so obnoxious. It's kind of like "new money".

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are all pretty bad, as is the Lions banner celebrating making the playoffs. But the Colts putting up an AFC finalist banner? That's remarkably awful.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retiring the 12th man banner is lame. Sorry, but it is. But hey, to each their own.