• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top PG's in the NBA as voted on by players, coaches, execs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder (732 points, 13 first-place votes)

"He might be an alien. I've never seen anyone like him before. His athleticism and antics are off the charts." -- NBA executive

i

2. Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors (727 points, 9 first-place votes)

"Maybe the best shooter we've ever seen in the NBA off the dribble. Probably the leading candidate for MVP this year." -- NBA executive

i

3. Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers (652 points, 3 first-place votes)

"Everything you could ever want from a point guard. Leads, scores and defends and knows exactly when to do each of those things." -- NBA executive

i

4. Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers (630 points)

"He's an unbelievable finisher and his 50-point performance shows he can score at an elite level. However, he hasn't played in a playoff game yet. Can he knock down big shots when people are loading up on LeBron and the stakes are high? Can he make big shots in the playoffs? That's the question." -- NBA assistant coach

i

5. Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers (614 points)

"He's as good as just about anyone on the list in terms of scoring the ball, especially in different ways. His biggest issue right now is on the defensive end. That's what could hold him back from getting into the top three." -- NBA point guard

i

6. John Wall, Washington Wizards (595 points)

"He has incredible speed, and is one of the top two or three in getting the ball up and down the floor. His big question mark is in the fourth quarter, game on the line -- whether he can get you a bucket when it's not a transition push. To his credit, he's shown he can get shots for others. That's an area he's really worked on." -- NBA assistant coach

i

7. Mike Conley, Memphis Grizzlies (570 points)

"He's so damn good and he gets better every year, He's pretty good defensively, and he's really improved his shot. He wasn't very good when he came into the league, but he has improved every year -- in every aspect of his game." -- NBA executive

i

8. Kyle Lowry, Toronto Raptors (550 points)

"He's tough, a complete pit bull, and he can both score and also set guys up. The question is whether he can take his team deep in the playoffs -- that's where you make your name. He gets a lot of steals, but doesn't always stay in front of guys on the defensive end." -- NBA executive

i

9. Tony Parker, San Antonio Spurs (511 points)

"He's probably towards the end of his career, but he's still a winner who finds a way. He's really hard to guard because he's so fast, and his shot has improved. He's also a good defender." -- NBA point guard

10. Jeff Teague, Atlanta Hawks (499 points)

"Great scoring point guard who has slowly, but surely improved his playmaking, defense and consistency as he's gotten older." -- NBA executive

11. Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls (489 points)

"It's now been three years of him playing less than half the games. You have to factor that in. I just don't know how you take him over the guys above him. If he was 100 percent, obviously he'd be near the top. But he hasn't been for three years." -- NBA executive

12. Goran Dragic, Miami Heat (467 points)

"He's a great pick-and-roll defender, can get to the rim, can knock down 3s and what's underrated about him is how good a presence he is in the locker room. People may laugh about that with what happened in Phoenix, but guys love to play with him." -- NBA assistant

13. Eric Bledsoe, Phoenix Suns (456 points)

"Explosive scorer. When he gets out in transition, he's really good. His half-court offense is questionable. He can make 3s. I've wondered whether he plays that hard. He looks like he's in chill mode." -- NBA point guard

14. Ty Lawson, Denver Nuggets (450 points)

"He should be in the top tier in terms of natural ability. He has unguardable speed when he wants to. But he does bail you out sometimes by shooting jumpers. The mental makeup is one of his biggest issues. He needs to embrace who he is -- and drive it down their throats. Then they'd fear him. But sometimes he doesn't play with that intensity and settles." -- NBA assistant

15. Rajon Rondo, Dallas Mavericks (436 points)

"He used to be one of the better guys in the league, but he's been mediocre the last few years. I'm not sure if it's the injuries or the fact he's not playing with KG, Pierce and Ray Allen. He doesn't have much interest in defending, and no one guards him on the perimeter." -- NBA point guard

16. Kemba Walker, Charlotte Hornets (420 points)

"He's shown spurts where he gives you visions of a top-tier guy, but it's a matter of consistency of his shots. If you go under the screen on him, can he make you pay? He's proving he can make it at times, but people still get away with going under on him." -- NBA assistant

17. Ricky Rubio, Minnesota Timberwolves (401 points)

"He can pass all he wants, and his defense is very good. However, until he proves you don't have to go under screens on him, teams just go in and help 5 feet off him. He needs to be consistent with his shot, or he'll forever deal with that issue. When he doesn't have the ball, teams flat-out leave him. That prevents him from getting in the next tier. -- NBA assistant

18. Jrue Holiday, New Orleans Pelicans (396 points)

"He's one of the few guys that can guard the rest of this list. He's just OK offensively, but I really like him. He's got the feel and size, is a legitimate point guard and he can really defend." -- NBA executive

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXACTLY where I would have put Kyrie....looks like I have a similar opinion as to Kyrie's talent and place in the league when compared with the other players, coaches, execs.

:)

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For once in my life I agree (for the most part) with a ranking list…. I would put Bledsoe and Dragic both higher than Parker and Teague in the 9-10 spots though.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually scratch that. 1-7 the same. Then:

8) Teague
9) Bledsoe
10) Dragic
11) Lowry
12) Parker

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXACTLY where I would have put Kyrie....looks like I have a similar opinion as to Kyrie's talent and place in the league when compared with the other players, coaches, execs.

:)

Yep, you were right.

Kyrie has been terrific all Season.

Westbrook is a freak and deserves the title of best pg.

But, I'd take Curry over him if I'm starting a Team.

The way Westbrook plays is scary-beautiful.

...but I'd be afraid he was gonna beak something every game.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No big differences from me. Though I'd probably have Rondo lower. He's still living off his rep from 4 years ago. He can't shoot, he's terrible at FTs, he's no longer an elite defender and halfasses it D as well, and he selfishly guns for assist totals. He'd be in the 20s for me on PG list and there's no way he's worth max deal. The league is loaded with guard talent and he's just a dude right now

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take the slight edge on Steph as best PG. More efficient and makes teammates better

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, you were right.

Kyrie has been terrific all Season.

Westbrook is a freak and deserves the title of best pg.

But, I'd take Curry over him if I'm starting a Team.

The way Westbrook plays is scary-beautiful.

...but I'd be afraid he was gonna beak something every game.

I think if you are picking a guy to carry a team (like the thunder right now) you want Russ.

If you are picking a guy to be the best player on a team with a reasonable amount of talent (like GS), then you want Steph.

I think both guys would struggle to reproduce the other's results if their roles were reversed. (Curry is a better fit for GS than Russ, but Russ is a better fit for OKC than Curry)

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you are picking a guy to carry a team (like the thunder right now) you want Russ.

If you are picking a guy to be the best player on a team with a reasonable amount of talent (like GS), then you want Steph.

I think both guys would struggle to reproduce the other's results if their roles were reversed. (Curry is a better fit for GS than Russ, but Russ is a better fit for OKC than Curry)

Yes, I can agree with that.

Russ loves to play hero ball and that's what his Team needs for them to be successful.

His style of play is what scares me off.

He plays...violently...

Back in the day, one of my favorite players was Kevin Johnson. Now, he couldn't d-up like Westbrook.

But, he attacked the rim in that same kind of kamikaze way that Wade, Westbrook, Iverson to a lesser extent, did/does.

Playing that way is exciting for the fans. But, it cuts your career short.

Despite that cute little dunk last night, Curry is decidedly below the rim...lol

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This list is really good. I would move Goran ahead of Teague, as I would rather have him than Teague. I think Goran may have received a couple low ball votes out of a team executive and coach based in the southwest. I wish I could make a law that would stop NBA writers and analysts from making lists. Because this list is much better than almost anything I have seen produced in awhile.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry should be #1 IMO.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id actually agree with that list. BTW, Ive seen what Steph can do in the playoffs with role players who werent this good with a dumbass for a coach, I know he can take a so-so team (and can we not act like refs were helping the Clippers last year. At least GSW wouldve had a better showing against OKC)

I wouldve liked to have seen Schroder in there. Its kind of hard to place Derrick because of injuries and Parker because hes declining.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This list is really good. I would move Goran ahead of Teague, as I would rather have him than Teague. I think Goran may have received a couple low ball votes out of a team executive and coach based in the southwest. I wish I could make a law that would stop NBA writers and analysts from making lists. Because this list is much better than almost anything I have seen produced in awhile.
I would have him above Teague, I just might put him above Conley. I think Conley is propbably the most underrated PG (fortunately he wasnt ignored on this list) but I just prefer Dragic's upside