• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oklahoma State fans about fed up with Mike Gundy

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And his fucking attitude.
They feel like he is squandering what T. Boone gave him.
They are sick of his press conferences and the bullshit he spews.
They are sick of his hair
They are sick of his rattlesnake talk.

It's obvious that Gundy has put his program on auto pilot and doesn't give a shit any more.
He has O and D coordinators that seem to be way over their heads.
He's 4-9 in Big 12 games this year and last.

The OSU guys on the Sports Talk radio shows are just beating the shit out of him.

It's fun to watch.

Especially when he loses to Iowa State this weekend.

tenor.gif

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good gig to have a built in raise in your contract and a buyout that the school can’t afford.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His own AD called him out on his lack of recruiting, just last year.
And I think he has a point.

juicebox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they can get Les back. Wouldn’t that be somethin

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 more years!!!

Tritonboat71

50-55-56-74-75-85-00
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Jones has said it for years.

Oklahoma State is a “golf school”.

He’s right to a certain degree.

They haven’t pumped near the money into their football program that other conference mates have. Just in the last 20 years have their been any upgrades and improvements facility wise. Thanks in large part to T. Boone Pickens.

If anyone went to a home game in Stillwater in the 70’s - 90’s , Lewis Field stadium looked like an Erector Set.

There were Texas High school football stadiums that were better.

It also has never worked in their favor, that their instate rival has the largest, most lopsided, lead in the series, than any other two instate rivals in the history of college football.

OU is 88-18-7 vs. the Aggies.

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've wondered for a couple of years if he's bored on burned out.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've wondered for a couple of years if he's bored on burned out.

I think he's burned out.
All the signs are there, so of course the Administration gives him a raise and a contract they cant get out of.

It's what Aggies do.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't be a champ by just outscoring people. You must play some defense.

You can make offensive linemen. (Well, Florida State can't but everybody else can)
You can't make defensive linemen. They must have some skill.

The guy does okay for what he gets/has. He develops offensive players. They lack on defense.
He has improved them by leaps and bounds but he can't get over the top.

Who do they get if he is booted? Do they gamble on somebody else? Looking from afar, with history
at my back, OU players are in their heads...big time. They have no confidence when they face OU.
Even in years where it appears that they are equal, they just can't get it done. One bit of adversity and they
crumble when facing the Sooners.

Okie St is in a tough spot. Settle on fighting for third in the league or gamble on a new guy?

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gundy is a real nice dude. If you knew how the sports media was in Oklahoma, you would understand why he acts like a terd at his press conferences. For real, Oklahoma sports media are fucking terrible. Total douchebags.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s a man. He’s 40. He can take it.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Gundy was losing to Bob Stoops, the Aggies could handle it better. But losing to Riley really grilles their cheese because there's no hope things will get better. Add in how the Cowboys are playing horrid defense and it's a recipe for disaster in the rest of the conference. Bob Stoops got fat, lazy and entitled at OU but at least he quit before he was shoved out the door. OSU would do the same thing to Gundy but let's face it; there's no one waiting in the wings who is any better. The solution for Oklahoma State is to (a) reconcile themselves to always being "Junior" or (b) say to hell with it and cheat like a Mofo to get the players they need to get over the hump. What's the Big XII gonna do to them? Not much. We like winning too much and a few dirty players getting paid is NOTHING compared to what Baylor pulled and still didn't get kicked out of the conference. If Burns Hargis (OSU President) ever retires, all bets are off. When he's gone, Junior will pull every trick SMU pulled and, truthfully, for them the repercussions will be worth it.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have taken the Tennessee job.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gundy is a real nice dude. If you knew how the sports media was in Oklahoma, you would understand why he acts like a terd at his press conferences. For real, Oklahoma sports media are fucking terrible. Total douchebags.

This. National media seems fine but he's not a fan of the local media for a reason. I think a lot of it does go back to the rant. Jenni Carlson basically called Reid a mommas boy and he infamously stood up for his starting quarterback. That was early in his tenure and neither side really tried to improve the relationship.

As to the thread at hand,

giphy (5).gif

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^ THIS ^^

Okie Jr is a stepping stone job as proven multiple times. To stay there is stagnation.

Yeah but he went to school there, was QB there. It's his dream. He is living the dream my friend and is well compensated. What reason would he have to go to higher stress? He has a nice ranch. Property taxes in Oklahoma are dirt cheap and he is well known throughout the state. Got it made.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okie St is in a tough spot. Settle on fighting for third in the league or gamble on a new guy?
I think this is the case for every school in the Big 12 not named Oklahoma or Texas. Every now and then one of the others can pull something good off for a year or so. But in those rare years it has as much with Texas and Oklahoma crapping down both legs as it does those others being good. JMO.