• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

a look at what we have lost

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me ask an uncomfortable question.

Let’s say black people get all they want. They get reparations and equality beyond actual equality.

What happens when the outcome doesn’t change a damn thing because people are people and we are all responsible for our own outcomes. What happens when we see success is not determined by others but by internal influences, such as behavior, concentrated effort, and home structure.

Nothing uncomfortable about your question! Why do you believe that it is?

Since this is a subject that's rising into the conscious ethos, let's have that conversation. Beyond land and money what else would reparations look like? Well, if it doesn't include guarantees to not change the currency and no meddling into what, when and how that land is developed, then it's no deal.

Beyond that, I don't believe that the part of the country not benefiting from reparations could compete without destroying what these people would build. Now if you don't believe that then history sides with me.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if someone can explain to me why i have to pay something for something i had nothing to do with then i am all ears . if the default to every economic and social ill is racism then i dont know how you fix it . data shows lots of things and racism isnt the cause in many many cases

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course it is , no denying that but is that where we are at now ? we are all back in the middle ages and havent learned a damn thing ? and does that mean i have to allow it ? again ? or are we going to be what we say we are

now if you think communism will make everybody magically not racist and you will live equally like kings and queens then have at it . there is about 120 million people who paid the price for everyone but elites to be equally poor and still be racist

Evidence suggests that this country hasn't moved very far from its roots. Hell, we're still using descriptors like"Black and White to identify people or groups of people. (These terms go back to before the transatlantic slave trade.) Language is an important part of dividing people. We routinely use it to point at others in disparaging ways as if the objective is an "other" problem and not an "American" one.

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evidence suggests that this country hasn't moved very far from its roots. Hell, we're still using descriptors like"Black and White to identify people or groups of people. (These terms go back to before the transatlantic slave trade.) Language is an important part of dividing people. We routinely use it to point at others in disparaging ways as if the objective is an "other" problem and not an "American" one.
Funny thing is, I believe both Black, White, Red, Yellow, all want to be divided in that way. They want to retain their culture and gain the attention that it brings. Yet, not be persecuted or "less than" because of it. At this point, I'm not sure if the melting pot experiment is gonna work.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing uncomfortable about your question! Why do you believe that it is?

Since this is a subject that's rising into the conscious ethos, let's have that conversation. Beyond land and money what else would reparations look like? Well, if it doesn't include guarantees to not change the currency and no meddling into what, when and how that land is developed, then it's no deal.

Beyond that, I don't believe that the part of the country not benefiting from reparations could compete without destroying what these people would build. Now if you don't believe that then history sides with me.

It isn’t uncomfortable for me. I have the answers.

I said after the “black community” got all they wanted and it didn’t improve their lives. So now you unjustly give and unequally give land and money to a group of people that did not earn it, while taking from those who did...it doesn’t improve the “black community.”

it won’t get better until the “black community”
1- respects the law and stops celebrating lawlessness.
2- takes education more seriously at a young age.
3- embraces the nuclear family unit.

Isn’t it funny how successful black individuals are when they aren’t criminals, are educated, and are part of a full and complete family? Isn’t it funny how successful children of the military are in comparison to their counterparts? Why is that? It has nothing to do with race. It has everything to do with how an individual acts and the choices they make.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good good good , my plan on keeping you here is working now to add some more bait . :D

if communism is the solution to all that then have at it . i doubt the elites in power will give a crap but if you think that it will then by all means go for it

now doesnt BLM do exactly that ? divides people . doesnt having 2 national anthems do that ? doesnt having campuses having "blacks only no white people welcome do that ?

doesnt pointing to the KKK as a fullest and best representation of white people do that ? doesnt saying you are a white person and you dont know what being pulled over unjustly do that ?

MLK took a bullet to end desegregation and now we are going back to it ?

if you look at sports and entertainment alone you can see people of color rise up from their often times horrible circumstances and make more money then you and i ever dreamed of . an oppressive /racist society would allow that ? these guys are now the elitist . people of color dominate most large city police forces , are run buy black police chiefs and have mayors and city councils that are black . they hire train fund and even fire police , fire and teachers and yet we supposedly havent made much progress?

we have many many minorities as representatives of govt , have been president , filled key cabinet positions and numerous leadership positions and we havent made progress ?

if you have any color in front of LIVES MATTER what does that make you ? apparently ALL LIVES MATTER is racist but not putting a color in front of it

the vast vast majority of people dont care about your race or your gender but all you hear about are the few idiots that do because it sells

but hey if you think communism will solve all of the issues then have at it . the elites use us and want us divided so we cant see what evil they are plotting

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if someone can explain to me why i have to pay something for something i had nothing to do with then i am all ears . if the default to every economic and social ill is racism then i dont know how you fix it . data shows lots of things and racism isnt the cause in many many cases

Hopefully, we can agree that slavery and its vestiges was the original sin of this country.

With that backdrop, let us begin...

Let's start a race and let's begin that race in the year 1719. Now the people starting that race are off and running but by rule others cannot start participate in the race beyond the free labor that they bring.

So, the country is off and running, going through multiple versions of itself, creating an infrastructure that supports only them. Building wealth that only benefits them, building educational systems that only benefit them. Creating law that not only benefits them but assures that those still wanting to begin the race, cannot. Language becomes engrained to their benefit and detrimental to those still waiting. Same thing with religion, standards of beauty, and just about everything else one could imaging. These institutions and practices continue today, but something happens before we come to July, 2020. Begrudgingly, those who started their race at the inception, allowed those who were not allowed to begin when they did, a few rights to walk, not run in the well established "American dream beginning in 1964 -1965 with one caveat, pretense at equality.

I'm certain that, people can recite instances in their lives where the system didn't help them, or that they had a hard time growing up, but that's not what you asked about. What your question was entirely about was catching up, or reparations. Now you must admit that there aren't many answers to how a country puts a segment of its citizenry on equal footing after getting such a detrimental start in the race.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you believe this crap, you are lost.

Black and white are descriptors. Most people only use the words black and white to describe people. Don’t you say black hair or blonde? It is pathetic you would put anything before the word American.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2020-7-6_12-29-13.pngupload_2020-7-6_12-29-47.png

do you know who these people are ? People in Hong Kong wishing they had what we have

Attachments

• upload_2020-7-6_12-29-13.jpeg
    upload_2020-7-6_12-29-13.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 2
  • upload_2020-7-6_12-29-47.jpeg
    upload_2020-7-6_12-29-47.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 2

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn’t uncomfortable for me. I have the answers.

I said after the “black community” got all they wanted and it didn’t improve their lives. So now you unjustly give and unequally give land and money to a group of people that did not earn it, while taking from those who did...it doesn’t improve the “black community.”

it won’t get better until the “black community”
1- respects the law and stops celebrating lawlessness.
2- takes education more seriously at a young age.
3- embraces the nuclear family unit.

Isn’t it funny how successful black individuals are when they aren’t criminals, are educated, and are part of a full and complete family? Isn’t it funny how successful children of the military are in comparison to their counterparts? Why is that? It has nothing to do with race. It has everything to do with how an individual acts and the choices they make.

Terrible premise because it assumes something that history refutes.
Anyway...
The laws weren't intended for African Americans in fact as established they were intended to uphold the 13th amendment. This remains the law of the land. Laws intended for African Americans included slave catcher laws, Jim Crow laws and such.

The most educated group in the United States today are African American women.

Nuclear family units have been and continue to be systemically destroyed, through,redlining, poor housing, food deserts, substandard educational systems, the prison industrial complex, unequal pay for the same work, ad infinitum.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you believe this crap, you are lost.

Black and white are descriptors. Most people only use the words black and white to describe people. Don’t you say black hair or blonde? It is pathetic you would put anything before the word American.

And we're done! Apologies for hitting that defensive nerve.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, we can agree that slavery and its vestiges was the original sin of this country.

With that backdrop, let us begin...

Let's start a race and let's begin that race in the year 1719. Now the people starting that race are off and running but by rule others cannot start participate in the race beyond the free labor that they bring.

So, the country is off and running, going through multiple versions of itself, creating an infrastructure that supports only them. Building wealth that only benefits them, building educational systems that only benefit them. Creating law that not only benefits them but assures that those still wanting to begin the race, cannot. Language becomes engrained to their benefit and detrimental to those still waiting. Same thing with religion, standards of beauty, and just about everything else one could imaging. These institutions and practices continue today, but something happens before we come to July, 2020. Begrudgingly, those who started their race at the inception, allowed those who were not allowed to begin when they did, a few rights to walk, not run in the well established "American dream beginning in 1964 -1965 with one caveat, pretense at equality.

I'm certain that, people can recite instances in their lives where the system didn't help them, or that they had a hard time growing up, but that's not what you asked about. What your question was entirely about was catching up, or reparations. Now you must admit that there aren't many answers to how a country puts a segment of its citizenry on equal footing after getting such a detrimental start in the race.
Yeah let’s travel back to 1719 and look who was in charge . It wasn’t the US . It was Britain , France and Spain who were in charge , the US wasn’t even a glint in anyone’s eyes . People were ruled by a small , rich , elite class which in 1776 we broke away from and decided we have a voice in how we are governed . The Declaration of Independence and our constitution were the words we were / are to live by . Great men and woman like Steven Douglas , Lincoln , Hariot Tubman , Rosa Paris MLK and many more showed us we weren’t living up to those grand principals and we made movements to change and actually live up to our words . As I have shown above we have be making progress . I was born In1962 . At that time there was prejudice and segregation. By age 46 we have a black president that whites voted for based on what his ideas and character are . It never happens without whites getting past race
Period . Now if we are about retelling then tell it correctly. It took 80 years for a group of self governing people to end that atrocity that no other civilization on this earth has ever done . It took another 90 or so years to get rid of the vestiges of Jim Crow and again white people had to make the change . Maybe credit should be given for correcting and continuing to correct wrongs .

now I will go back to it again if you think total slavery with communism is better then have at it . The people of Hong Kong are a testimony to the folly of this thinking

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah let’s travel back to 1719 and look who was in charge . It wasn’t the US . It was Britain , France and Spain who were in charge , the US wasn’t even a glint in anyone’s eyes . People were ruled by a small , rich , elite class which in 1776 we broke away from and decided we have a voice in how we are governed . The Declaration of Independence and our constitution were the words we were / are to live by . Great men and woman like Steven Douglas , Lincoln , Hariot Tubman , Rosa Paris MLK and many more showed us we weren’t living up to those grand principals and we made movements to change and actually live up to our words . As I have shown above we have be making progress . I was born In1962 . At that time there was prejudice and segregation. By age 46 we have a black president that whites voted for based on what his ideas and character are . It never happens without whites getting past race
Period . Now if we are about retelling then tell it correctly. It took 80 years for a group of self governing people to end that atrocity that no other civilization on this earth has ever done . It took another 90 or so years to get rid of the vestiges of Jim Crow and again white people had to make the change . Maybe credit should be given for correcting and continuing to correct wrongs .

now I will go back to it again if you think total slavery with communism is better then have at it . The people of Hong Kong are a testimony to the folly of this thinking

Do you honestly believe that this country has done away with the vestiges of slavery, his son Jim Crow and current grandson James Crow Esq.?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible premise because it assumes something that history refutes.
Anyway...
The laws weren't intended for African Americans in fact as established they were intended to uphold the 13th amendment. This remains the law of the land. Laws intended for African Americans included slave catcher laws, Jim Crow laws and such.

The most educated group in the United States today are African American women.

Nuclear family units have been and continue to be systemically destroyed, through,redlining, poor housing, food deserts, substandard educational systems, the prison industrial complex, unequal pay for the same work, ad infinitum.

How is it a terrible premise? I give “the black community” everything you ask for and they still don’t succeed because they don’t change the actual problem. It is very reasonable.

There. Isn’t a single “black law” on the books today, unless we refer to the only racist piece of legislation out there and it hurts whites.

I am not saying you are wrong, but Can you supply evidence that black women are the most educated? Why did you now separate men and women? I found no evidence to support your statement but do have this:
https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/publications/2016/demo/p20-578.pdf

The family unit has been destroyed by the welfare state. 80% of black children are born with the father out of the house. You want to blame the prison system...had the black men not broken the law, they would not be in prison. You blame the system but I can prove that it is the individual’s fault.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
um
Do you honestly believe that this country has done away with the vestiges of slavery, his son Jim Crow and current grandson James Crow Esq.?
um yes . the data shows that to be true .
now we do have the outliers on all sides? sure , but generally speaking yes

why would people of color flood our borders legally and illegally to be oppressed ?

if you default racism for every bit of inequality as your first thought then you are not using and interpreting data

if you dont want to be poor there are 3 things you need to do

stay in school , dont have children before the age of 21 , and dont get married before age 21 . this applies to anyone

what we need from govt are better schools , encouragement of the nuclear family and protect the families

single parent homes happen in our inner cities and in rural ares like eastern kentucky and WVA

its got nothing to do with race and everything to do with choices being made by free people

there is an old saying my first sgt used to say , choose the hard right over the easy wrong

all to often the easy wrong is chosen

the last thing is religion in this country has failed us in all communities . they fail to stand up for morals that god put in place for us so we can have plentiful lives

if you dont believe in god then your leaders have failed you in your communities by not taking the data (science ) and applying it with a solution (science ) to have plentiful lives